/* */

PDA

View Full Version : please help me about Prophet MUHAMMAD!!

esra_istanbul
05-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Salamun aleikom brothers and sisters,
i am a volunteer of the website www.lastprophet.info and we are aiming to introduce different countries in our website and discuss their perception of Prophet Muhammad and Islam. This month we will discuss Indonesia but we dont have any contacts from this country. Please, if you have any photos taken in Indonesia or any English articles that tell about the perception of Prophet Muhammad in Indonesia, please send me..And also, the views of the local Indonesians are important. Please for the sake of Allah, help us. Our website only aims to introduce Prophet Muhammad worldwide and it doesn't have any financial benefits. You can visit: w w w.lastprophet.info

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grofica
05-02-2009, 03:32 PM
thats a really cleaver idea... sorry not from Indonesia but i really like the idea... :-)

esra_istanbul
05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
this month we introduce Bosnia..take a look at it..www.lastprophet.info

Grofica
05-03-2009, 04:57 AM
your website is georgous! did you design that yourself?

i will read it and write what i think... i got to do a little work first he he he he :-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
esra_istanbul
05-03-2009, 07:28 AM
that is not my own website. we have an association here in istanbul and we,as a big group,made it by ourselves. i am so happy that you loved it. we have also a group in facebook, twitter and myspace. you can register to the site and can receive the updates. this month the topic is Bosnia:)):statisfie

Grofica
05-03-2009, 10:45 AM
unfortunatly i can not access places like facebook or twitter.... (or any social networking website actually) my husband doesnt mind if i am in forums like this but he doesnt really have a high opinion of facebook or myspace or things like that... there too many bad things on there. he has never said i cant have one but i can tell he would prefer if i didnt.

as far as your website... wow... it could take me forever to read through all that... i really like it.

do you mind if i put the link on my blog? i have a blog on blogger.ba (bosnia) and i would love to share it... (even if it is in english there are plenty of people who i think would find it intresting)

i really do like it though. i am sending the link to my husband :-)

Grofica
05-03-2009, 11:07 AM
sorry i know i keep posting in here but if anyone is intrested in this website the story
"Islam Changed My Game Plan" is BEAUTIFUL.... its like a little peice of hope and proof all wrapped up in one... I think i am going to cry. :-)

just so you dont have to search for it i posted it here.

esra_istanbul
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
you can use the link in your blog..you can become a member of the website and get the latest updates in here:
http://www.lastprophet.info/en/compo...task,register/

Grofica
05-03-2009, 11:45 AM
thanks will do!

Grofica
05-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Hello...

The name for registration is not veiwable by other members is it?

ardianto
05-04-2009, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by esra_istanbul
Salamun aleikom brothers and sisters,
i am a volunteer of the website www.lastprophet.info and we are aiming to introduce different countries in our website and discuss their perception of Prophet Muhammad and Islam. This month we will discuss Indonesia but we dont have any contacts from this country. Please, if you have any photos taken in Indonesia or any English articles that tell about the perception of Prophet Muhammad in Indonesia, please send me..And also, the views of the local Indonesians are important. Please for the sake of Allah, help us. Our website only aims to introduce Prophet Muhammad worldwide and it doesn't have any financial benefits. You can visit: w w w.lastprophet.info
What's do you mean with 'perception of prophet Muhammad (SAW) in Indonesia' ?.
What information do you need ?

esra_istanbul
05-04-2009, 05:50 AM
for instance, what comes into your mind when some body says "prophet Muhammmad"? what is His importance in your life?do you know sunnah and hadith and practice them?is there a symbol for him?here in turkey the red rose reminds us of Him becaue it i said thathis skin smelled like a rose.so during the mawlid period, we give roses to the others..what about the teaching of religion in indonesia and etc..

ardianto
05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
for instance, what comes into your mind when some body says "prophet Muhammmad"? what is His importance in your life?do you know sunnah and hadith and practice them?is there a symbol for him?here in turkey the red rose reminds us of Him becaue it i said thathis skin smelled like a rose.so during the mawlid period, we give roses to the others..what about the teaching of religion in indonesia and etc..
There's no different between Indonesians mind and other Muslims people mind when someone says "Prophet Muhammad (SAW)", and there's no different in perception. There's no symbol for him in Indonesia.

We know sunnah and hadith and practice them (except some secularis, of couse). In every question about Islam, we always seek any answer based on Qur'an, sunnah and hadith. We never reject sunnah and hadith.

Mawlid day is a holiday in Indonesia, but we have no special tradition to celebrate mawlid. Our very special Islamic holiday is Eidul Fitri.

What about teaching of religion ?
There are three type of schools in Indonesia.
First, regular school. Muslim student in regular school take Islamic lesson but only basic knowledge. And student in other religion take their religion lesson.
Second, Madrasah (Madressa). An Islamic school where student learn Islamic knowledge more than student in regular school. Madrasah student live in their home.
Third, Pesantren, from Pe-Santri-an or House of Santri (Islamic student). In pesantren, student learn everything about Islam more than Madrasah student. Pesantren student lives in dormitory.

And this is a basic information about Muslims in Indonesia.
According to Majelis Ulama Indonesia (Indonesian Ulema council), Islam in Indonesia is Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah only. However, in actualy there are very small number of shi'ite but they always hide.
Altough Indonesian Muslims are sunni, dont ask them "Do you follow Imam Syafi'i, Maliki, Hanafi or Hambali?", except some scholar and Islamic student, they cannot answer. Or even dont ask them "Are you sunni or shia?", maybe they will ask back "What is sunni? what is shia?". The right question is "Are you NU, Muhammadiyah, or Persis?".

There is 'The Big Three' of Muslims organizations in Indonesia.

The biggest is Nahdlatul Ulama (NU). Typical of this organization, they have many ritual and tradition like tahleel when a Muslim passed away, and other tradition. They always described as 'Traditional Islam'. NU has many Pesantren.
This is their official website www.nu.or.id
English version www.nu.or.id/page.php?.lang=en

Then Muhammadiyah. They always described as 'Modernis Islam'. Their main activities is in social life. They have many schools, madrasahs, university and hospitals. They avoid some bid'ah ritual.
This is their official website (in Indonesian language) www.muhammadiyah.or.id

And PERSatuan ISlam / Persis (Islam United). Typical of this organization is strickly prohibit ritual and tradition that regarded as Tachayul, Bid'ah and Churafat. They also have many pesantrens.
This is their official website (Indonesian language) www.persis.or.id

Back to the question for Indonesian Muslims "Are you NU, Muhammadiyah or Persis ?".
When you find an Indonesian, just watch how he pray / shalaah.
If he placing his hand on belly and read a Du'a Qunut in shalaah subh, he follow NU.
If he placing his hand on belly and doesn't read Du'a Qunut in shalaah subh, he follow Muhammadiyah.
And if he placing his hand on chest when he shalaah, he follow Persis.

esra_istanbul
05-04-2009, 04:33 PM
thank you for your information brpther..these are very helpful for me..do you have any photos that reflect Indonesia?for instance a photo of a mosque or a man praying..i mean something special to indonesia..if you have your own photos, we can put them on the site, of course with your name.if you have any, please send to lastprophet.info@gmail.com thanks a lot...:D

ardianto
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
thank you for your information brpther..these are very helpful for me..do you have any photos that reflect Indonesia?for instance a photo of a mosque or a man praying..i mean something special to indonesia..if you have your own photos, we can put them on the site, of course with your name.if you have any, please send to lastprophet.info@gmail.com thanks a lot...:D
Insha Allah, I will looking for some photos.

esra_istanbul
05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
brother could you find any photos of your own?

ardianto
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
brother could you find any photos of your own?
I'm sorry, I made you waited so long.
I tried to find some photos but I didn't got it, then I tried to find some related sites in web.
However, the problem is, almost all of related sites are in Indonesian language. And these are few sites in english.

Masjid Istiqlal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istiqlal_mosque

Masjid Ampel http://www.eastjava.com/tourism/sura...nan-ampel.html

Masjid Kudus http://www.farazinux.wordpress.com/2...aret-of-kudus/

Masjid Demak http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masjid_Agung_Demak

Masjid Baiturrahman http://www.indonesia-tourism.com/ace...rrahman-mosque

I have tried to send by email few times. But maybe your email adress is wrong (?).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.