/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is watching tv online haram?

Faisal Pervaiz
05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
I was wondering is watching live tv that some has streamed from their own tv that you have to pay for haram?

For e.g. i want to watch the boxing match thats coming on today, in which you have to pay 15 pounds on sky box office. But you can watch it online free as someone is straming it on a site.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sirajstc
05-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Good things halal (wating islamic programs nasheed ,lecture>)

Soulja Girl
05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
:sl:

If watchin TV iz haram on the box, am sure it's haram onliine too. :><:

:w:

Strzelecki
05-10-2009, 12:03 PM
But is that haraam?
I think not. It depends what you're watching...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
:sl:

^Yea, I guess so, but these dayz, everyfin has musik in it. :><:

:w:

Muezzin
05-10-2009, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faisal Pervaiz
I was wondering is watching live tv that some has streamed from their own tv that you have to pay for haram?

For e.g. i want to watch the boxing match thats coming on today, in which you have to pay 15 pounds on sky box office. But you can watch it online free as someone is straming it on a site.
Whether or not you believe Muslims are alowed to watch TV or boxing matches in the first place, you'd be acquiring something you were meant to pay for, for free. Which is stealing.

It's been one week. I don't know what you decided, but there it is.

Brother_Mujahid
05-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Was that the paquio, hatton match?

he got battered

qweretyq
05-12-2009, 04:43 AM
sorry, no offense but i think its ridiculous when people ask questions like this

obviously this is not a question about the act of watching tv or the act of stealing... this is specifically about watching something that someone else is streaming

what are you looking for? a quranic passage stating that watching live stream is haram?

islam is about intention; keep that it mind while doing anything

Gia
05-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Watching TV is not Haram by any means. What you watch on TV is what can be Haram, but this is not the subject of this thread.

I think that it's an ethical matter, if the people who are offering the show are not offering it for free then you don't have the right to watch it for free.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.