/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it haram for ladies/girls to go out with their girlfriends?

idk
05-02-2009, 06:25 PM
jus wondering...

is it haram to go shopping, eat out, weddings, masjid halaqas, or maybe just out with your friends?

Bearing in mind theyre muslim and all girls?

oh, and i dont mean this jus for teens...

I mean for all women, teens and married ladies too.

salams y'all

:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
05-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Not sure what gave you the idea that it might be haram?..
As long as you're doing halal stuff (ie. not going clubbing, etc.), and not doing it so often you end up neglecting other important areas of your life and religion, then there's no reason it would be haram, inshaAllah.

noorseeker
05-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Do sisters need a mahram to travel, or have we become too relaxed on that issue

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2009, 02:01 PM
shes testing the crazy factor of this forum me thinks

ie she wants to see whos gonna jump out sayin:

"HARAM HARAM HARAM HAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
idk
05-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Lool I Got a few people in mind....

:skeleton:

Nahh kidding seriousely I dunno maybe cuz some men jus never let their wives/daughters out. They either dont trust them or just want them in all day, cuz its 'haram'.

i love allah
05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
i dont think so

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by idk
Lool I Got a few people in mind....

:skeleton:

Nahh kidding seriousely I dunno maybe cuz some men jus never let their wives/daughters out. They either dont trust them or just want them in all day, cuz its 'haram'.
i wouldnt want my sister/wife constantly goin out with girls unless they're pious and veeery good influence. (constant being 4-5 times a week)

aint saying its haram, just sayin what im comfy wiv

Assalamu Alaikum

idk
05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
i wouldnt want my sister/wife constantly goin out with girls unless they're pious and veeery good influence. (constant being 4-5 times a week)

aint saying its haram, just sayin what im comfy wiv

Assalamu Alaikum

Yh see thats personal choice, but is there any ruling in the deen that says its haram.

P.s why not ? Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
^ lol she can be absent for months, as long as im sure she's still straight in the deen.

never EVER undestimate the affect of bad influence sis, thats why i said... long as im sure they are pious/good influence.

Assalamu Alaikum

ardianto
05-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Is it haram for a girl to go out with her girlfriend ?.....Of course not.

Why do you ask ?. It because your parent always prevent you to go out with your friend ?
Ooohh, young lady. Maybe that's because you go out with your wrong friend.
There are two type of friends.
First, good and right friend. That is a friend who has good behaviour.
Second, bad and wrong friend. That is a friend who has stupid behaviour and can bring you to the wrong way.
Remember, select your friend.

ahmed_indian
05-03-2009, 04:24 PM
its not haram that girls/women go out of their homes for necessity (with proper clothes, of course).

but in Islam, they are adviced to stay at home if going out is not needed.

http://www.albalagh.net/qa/girls_nightout_masjid.shtml

idk
05-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Lol My parents never prevent me if they know the girls I am going out with are good .. and of course they have a right lol.

But For a little while I had good muslim friends until I discovered they only go to the mosque for reasons other than its purpose...

ardianto
05-04-2009, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by idk
Lol My parents never prevent me if they know the girls I am going out with are good .. and of course they have a right lol.

But For a little while I had good muslim friends until I discovered they only go to the mosque for reasons other than its purpose...
Hmmm, I think your friends are type of girls who dont like to go out and feel comfort when stay in home. I know some girls like them.

ahmed_indian
05-04-2009, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Hmmm, I think your friends are type of girls who dont like to go out and feel comfort when stay in home. I know some girls like them.
masha'allah bro, still there are girls who prefer to be at home.

may Allah bless them

and me also with a wife like them.

idk
05-04-2009, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
No, lol the opposite. They hardly stayed in, and wanted me to come everywhere with them which wasnt possible cuz wen i hung around with them my parents noticed i changed. Im just lazy, thats why sometimes i prefer stayin at home as long as theres a gd movie and loads of yummy food lol.

But i do like going out once in a while (at the weekend).
Thats not much, is it?

Salams.

Sahabiyaat
05-04-2009, 03:25 PM
i think if your working, you wont really have time to go out all, except on the weekends which should then be reserved for your family.

However if your hubbys the only one with a job, and your bored staring at the walls, then i think the husband should check out her friends (NOT IN THAT WAY!!, just to assess if their not bad influence), and the give her permission to go out with them now and then.

Strzelecki
05-05-2009, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Do sisters need a mahram to travel, or have we become too relaxed on that issue
What distance constitutes 'travel'?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 04:08 AM
Sometimes I wonder why some bros think the woman should be inside 24/7, secluded...hmm. You try starin at the walls all day :D lol.

Anyway I've been in the habit of being home since day one. For me it's uni then home all the time, unless my family goes out...never done hung outs except once in high school...and only for like 2 hrs max..

ragdollcat1982
05-05-2009, 04:31 AM
I go out frequently while my son is at school. I do volunteer work at a local crisis pregnancy center two days a week. I have been career oriented until I had my son 6 years ago. I plan on going back to school next year and finish my degree. I dont know if I will return to the work force, but at least it would give me some sense of accomplishment.

Creed85
05-05-2009, 05:07 AM
In Islam Knowledge is a virtue so seek as much knowledge as you can....:thumbs_up

ahmed_indian
05-05-2009, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Sometimes I wonder why some bros think the woman should be inside 24/7, secluded...hmm. You try starin at the walls all day :D lol.

Anyway I've been in the habit of being home since day one. For me it's uni then home all the time, unless my family goes out...never done hung outs except once in high school...and only for like 2 hrs max..
staring at the walls all day?

well, our mothers and grandmothers used to stay @ home most of the time, did they spent their life staring the wall?

The Ruler
05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
^No, but the kitchen sink maybe. Or the cooker.

nebula
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
theres more to do then stair at the wall, whos gonna clean that stack of dishes? hmmm? not me... :skeleton: lol joke :thumbs_up

I think the sisters should be allowed out if the company of sisters is good not entirely sure tho, you can't keep them locked up in the house, gotta let them roam around like free range chickens, not the caged ones because they have thin egg shells that crack easily! do you want a baby that cracks easily i think not!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2009, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
staring at the walls all day?

well, our mothers and grandmothers used to stay @ home most of the time, did they spent their life staring the wall?

Agreed

Heck im a boy and i stay at home most of the time unless i go to the masjid or do a chore.

subhanAllah... what do sisters want these days?

-Elle-
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
:sl:

Women are human too; women need friends and company as well as men. If I want to go over my friend's house, that would require me to "go out". If she wants to come over, that requires her to "go out". What is wrong with that?

If we want to go grab a coffee at a shop, talk and catch up, how is that harmful? The mood strikes you to go some place new, see new things, or just take a walk in the park, it is important for some people, like me. I can't stay in my house 24/7(even when I get married!), you need activities and hobbies in life; and don't answer me "Islam is what you should be doing",because Islam is a way of life, you practice Islam in every little action that you take each day.

When I get married, Insh'Allah he won't expect me to be 100 % depended on him. I like the idea that, if I need something, I can hop in the car and go get it myself, without being asked 100 questions. Sure he should know what's going on with you, but you expect that of him too.

In the end I think its an issue of intention & trust;and not literally "going out" or staying in.

:w:

The Ruler
05-06-2009, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
Heck im a boy and i stay at home most of the time unless i go to the masjid or do a chore.

subhanAllah... what do sisters want these days?
There are men who're content with that... And there are those who aren't.

Similarly, there are sisters who are more than happy to stay indoors and not go out. And there are those who prefer to go out, have some fun... And have a life.

I don't agree with that... Life can be equally fun reading a book or watching anime. But I just felt like defending the sisters who like to go out. It's not so bad going out once in a while. It helps you understand the community. And that's what my parents taught me. But I don't believe it. v_v

ragdollcat1982
05-07-2009, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~

In the end I think its an issue of intention & trust;and not literally "going out" or staying in.

:w:

I think you said it well sister. It is all about trust. While women are to be keepers of the home, we also can have a place in the public domain. I as a Christian look at 2 Scriptures chapters that describe a wife. Proverbs 31 shows that the woman while keeper of her home she also goes out and conducts buisness pertaining to the home. Titus 2 says that women are to be keepers of the home among other things.
It really is about trust. A Godly woman who conducts herself as such and has her priorties in order going out into public should not cause her husband any concearn if he trusts her. It works the other way around too. If either husband or wife starts spending too much time away from home and neglecting family and marital obligations there can develope problems. That is when trust can be lost. It is all about balancing home and public life.

noorseeker
05-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Girls nowadays are geting too much freedom, im not saying keep em locked at home,

but we all got eyes and we can slowly see whats gonna happen in the future.

staying out late, e.t.c. im not talkin bout practising girls

Ummu Sufyaan
05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
so? that just happens the guys too...

Cabdullahi
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
<==>
....:
_____

aadil77
05-07-2009, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Girls nowadays are geting too much freedom, im not saying keep em locked at home,

but we all got eyes and we can slowly see whats gonna happen in the future.

staying out late, e.t.c. im not talkin bout practising girls
yh they turn into who*res and become trials for non practising muslim boys

'Abd-al Latif
05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Allah says: “And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance” [al-Ahzaab 33:33].

The Prophet (saaws) said: “Woman is ‘awrah, and if she goes out, the shaytaan raises his hopes (of misguiding her). She is never closer to Allaah than when she stays in her house.” [Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan and Ibn Khuzaymah; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Shaheehah, no. 2688]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.