/* */

PDA

View Full Version : at what age did you .....

i love allah
05-03-2009, 04:33 PM
salamualaikum sisters.... well, i wanted to ask a question about hijab... well, i guess many of the sisters might have asked this questions , but i like ask this too... because i have never seen such a post...
well, at what age did you start wearing hijab?
well, i started wearing hijab at the age of 12 ( after my maturity).. at what age did you..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Wa alaikum asalam ukhti, welcome to the forums.

Just thought I'd let you know that you seem to be posting in the wrong sections, a more appropriate section for this would be "General" perhaps. Perhaps a mod can move it?

Anyway, in response to your question, I started quite early alhamdullilah.

3isha
05-03-2009, 05:56 PM
i started early about 9 but we all have the on and off thing before maturity
Alhamdulilllah permenantly on was wen i was 14 (wen it became compulsory)

i love allah
05-04-2009, 01:05 PM
beautiful sisters (sunhanallah) and thanks for telling me sister crayon .. may allah reward you (ameen) :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
9ish permernantly.

bit sad actually.too young i think :)

crayon
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
^Did you make the decision to wear it yourself, ukhti?

Sahabiyaat
05-04-2009, 03:40 PM
not really.Unfortunately, It was enforced and mostly cultural.:)

Alhamdulillah, with the guidance of Allah, it grew on me after i discovered it true meaning on my own, and i NEVER removed it. ever.

I feel so sad seeing girls remove it when its enforced....but i never did, i guess.weired huh.

crayon
05-04-2009, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
I feel so sad seeing girls remove it when its enforced....but i never did, i guess.weired huh.
I guess Allah knew you would learn to love it, alhamdullilah. :)

I guess parents can fall into one of two extremes; either forcing their daughter to wear it, causing her to hate it, or forbidding her from it.

When I decided I wanted to wear the hijab, my parents weren't too keen on the idea, because they were afraid I was just going through a "phase" that would eventually pass, and I'd get bored of it and take it off. But when they found out I was serious about wearing it, they were fine with it alhamdullilah.

Mujahidah4Allah
05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
:sl:

when i was 8 years old...

wa/salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 01:03 AM

Wow MashaAllah, you guys started pretty early. Umm I started hijab when I turned 17/18 and some months after I think I joined LI lol. Basically when I started practicing Islam Alhamdulillah. Im 21 now :D So you do the math. Not very long I'd say lol. Actually I think I'd have started earlier but wasn't allowed too...eventually as I understood more I didn't let anything stop me.

May Allah reward you sisters for always wearing it, ameen.

:w:

ayan333
05-05-2009, 02:00 AM

when i was in pre-k....so i was like 4-5 years old....but my intentons werent pure..i only did it so my mother didnt have to make me hair look all nice when ever i went out...i loved going out!

:w:

Intisar
05-05-2009, 02:09 AM
:sl: My mom wanted me to understand why I had to wear the hijab and she told me to wait until I reached puberty. But I fought with her and wore it in third grade, started properly wearing it though when I was 17 alhamdulilah.

Imaan
05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
At 12, mmm could I just ask u sisters a question please, what do u call hijaab, a niqaab, scarf or what?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!