/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you bring a Hindu to Islam ?

Najm
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Well i have recently spoken to a Hindy friend. He is very open minded. He strictly follows the Hindu Scriptures etc. From my recent conversation with him i was very surprised how similar the beliefs of both Islam and Hinduism.

I main spoke about about Islam throughout the talk, after him asking me questions he had about Islam. They were mainly misconceptions which Alhamdulillah i managed to solve! Anyways how can i conviunce him to become a Muslim?

Here a list of things he agrees with.....

God is One etc pretty much the same as Islam
Dont believe in Angels but a "super-being"
Believes in Messengers which are called Avtars
Believes the Veda is of divine origin
Does not believe in reincarnation but life after death
Believes in Heaven and Hell
Believes in Destiny

Believes in also other smaller aspects such prohibition from alcohol, theft, fraud, bribery gambling, unlawful killing, indulging in women, hunting, fortune-telling as well as the "internal" hijab.

I have spoken to him about the Quran in detail including, the challenge, the science, the miracles, how it was revealed, some things about the life of , and the fact that there is no contraditions. as well as they various rights such as women, parents, non-muslims, neighbours etc

Also he really understood the term Jihad, and the rules of war in Islam.

So after all this what should i do?

Also how can i convince him that
our Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) is the Last and Final Messenger?

FiAmaaniAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

hmm...

what i would do is, explain tawheed to him.

then answer any questions.

then pray for his hidaayat :)

Assalamu Alaikum

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2009, 09:20 PM
:sl:

How do you bring a Hindu to Islam ?
Akhi, you and I, we do not bring anyone to Islam, rather it is Allaah who guides them. So clearly give him the message, as you have done Masha'Allaah and continue to do so and make dua' and extend a formal invitation to take the testimony if you see fit. If Allaah wills that he be guided, he'll accept Islam.

Yanal
05-03-2009, 09:24 PM
First of all you must be rewarded for your efforts and inshAllah you will be and your friend will become a muslim inshAllah,show him this website and put English translation on and try to find something showing that the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) is the last Prophet. After that tell him to join this forum and ask questions about things he is curious in Islam about,or if he refuses to join ask him to write the questions down in a list and you can post them here and we will inshAllah assist you.
http://www.Quranexplorer.com F4I you should rephrase that sentence
then pray for his hidaayat:)
Into we will inshAllah pray for his hidaayat.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Najm
05-03-2009, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

Akhi, you and I, we do not bring anyone to Islam, rather it is Allaah who guides them.

Yeah i know that and i didnt mean that at all.
Auzubillahi-Minash shaitwaanir rajeem.

I was only refering to what apects of Islam which i should tell him etc

Allah is Ar-Rasheed!!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Muhammad
05-04-2009, 12:11 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
Also how can i convince him that our Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) is the Last and Final Messenger?
The more your friend learns about the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam), the more it should become clear that he was the true seal of the Prophets.

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) could only have been 1 of 3 things: a liar, a madman or a truthful person. If someone examines all these possibilities, they will only be left with the conclusion that Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) was telling the truth and was indeed the Messenger of Allaah (swt). And there are countless things that attest to this - his noble character and manners before and after Islam, the perfect example that he was for his companions and how his mission was completed and perfected, the impact he had on the people who knew him, what non-Muslims thought about him, his sincere obedience to Allaah (swt) and only legislating what Allaah (swt) taught him, the miracles that occurred - the greatest being the Qur'an, and so on.

An interesting point is that it has been said that Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) has been mentioned in the Vedas itself.
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ok-hindus.html

Teach him as much as you can what the true Islam is, not only through words, but through the beautiful actions our religion teaches. Perhaps he will soon come to the realisation that he is actually a believer in Islam, not Hinduism, Insha'Allaah. Give him a translation of the Qur'an. And ask if he already agrees with the basics of Islam, what is holding him back from the truth? The best you can do is make du'aa, as mentioned above.

May Allaah (swt) guide him to Islam, Aameen.

:w:

ardianto
05-04-2009, 04:35 AM
I found some video from brother Abdallah (Abdullah). He was a Hindu before converted to Islam.
Maybe those video can inspiring you, but I dont know how to submit those video in my post.

Najm
05-11-2009, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I found some video from brother Abdallah (Abdullah). He was a Hindu before converted to Islam.
Maybe those video can inspiring you, but I dont know how to submit those video in my post.
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu :P

InshaAllah If you can just post the link here, it would fine.

JazakaAllah Khair, for all the advices. Keep them coming :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

ardianto
05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Brother Najm, I still get a trouble for submit that video.

However if you want to see that video, you can find it in google. The key word is : video abdallah from hindu convert to islam.

malayloveislam
06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Just show them the Wisdom of Islam. My sister friend was a Hindu, but she just ask her friend while she was still a Hindu to accompany her to a Musolla each time she wants to pray and asking the Hindu friend to help holding her hand bag. Later the Hindu friend feel interested to know more about Islam and now alhamdulillah, she is a Muslim.

Pomak
06-08-2009, 02:00 AM
In short you can't. What you can do is internalize Islam and that will make more of an impact than any argument. (also look at your intentions)

Secondly its a choice, the concept is that once we know we have the choice to believe or not to believe. Just do the showing part and leave the rest to god.

Lastly some quotes to reflect on

Everyone likes chocolate, but if you force it down someones throat they will choke.

Sh Hamza Yusuf
I can show them the water but i can't make them drink it

NAS

ghengis
06-08-2009, 02:43 AM
i used to be hindu b4 i conv.

this is diamond, works a treat.... u may need to adjust it.

REINCARNATION SCRIPT,

reincarnation, over and over untill u reach your final life and achieve moksha (ie union with god/salvatioin/no more rebirths... whatever they say nowadays)

vs one life/ resurection/ judgement/heavan /hell.

tell them u believe in one life and one life only; and that they should assume they are living their final moksha life. tell them u had a hindu friend that thought this. and he was treating this like it was his final moksha life. he didnt want to come back.

from a psycological viewpoint for both religions it is more spiritually productive to believe in one life, cos people will work harder, strive more etc.

if he is serious about spiritual progressioin he will see the wisdom in treating this like his final life, which is very similar to treating this like his one and only life.

result is he will "bear his own burden" because no soul will bear anothers load....
and he will be at a stronger psycological viewpoint for spiritual progress in general.

and therefore you can suggest that he read all spiritual knowledge.... torah, bible, quran. etc..... and u had a friend that did that and converted to islam.... dont push the guy just tell him the story,

hindus are a strange kettle of fish. they believe in one god but pray to many. they talk a lot of spiritual sense but are flawed drastically in their fundamentals. my mum talks a lot of good theological sense but says ram(some hindu guy from the ramanaryan?//..) is god.

my aunt loves it when i teach her "spiritual knowledge" from islamic sources but gets scared when i say quran is the one true book.

these guys probably believe that all religions guide you some way to the truth.... and they probably have an overarching belief that stops them progressing to read new spiritual knowledge.

a total disregard for the self. they dont take no responsibility for there own souls. they think they are gonna get reincarnated a thousand times and it will all be sweets and flowers.

they are not serious. its more of a cultural thing to them. like christmas is too christians these days.
they dont understand fearing allah.
oneness they kind of get, but they love there idols.
they dont care who helps them.... buddhists/muslims/ hindus... as long as it helps. a very passive bunch.

... i didnt understand them growing up and i still dont now. :)

Ali_008
06-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Use the data given in the following page. Dr.Zakir Naik proved that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was prophesised in Hindu scriptures as well which indicates that ultimately hindus will have to revert to Islam if they are really followers of Hinduism.

http://www.ilovezakirnaik.com/muhamm...sed/hindus.htm

Muhaba
06-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Give him a copy of the Quraan, maybe even a commentary. I gave one korean woman a copy of tafseer and this is what she said: "this book talks to me, it knows all my feelings about the Quran. I am happy to get a key to open the secret chamber." Hopefully, reading the commentary will help the Hindu guy see that it is the truth.

bamboozled
07-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, to first show him how similar Hinduism and Islam are show him this video by Dr Zakir Naik:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...10310036&hl=en

Furthermore on his website he actually give even more information:
http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=...145&Itemid=128

and another debate he has with Hindus over eating non veg (I know this is a bit off topic, but his arguments are Mashallah very strong and as such he shows some aspects of Hinduism which are not as perhaps strong as some in Islam (Dont mean to offend anyone), but it is defo worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNxkW...eature=related

unfortunately for the above link I couldn't find part 1, but it will be there somewhere in the related vid section. But Dr Naik, starts his dialogue towards the end of the above link.

I love his opening sentence sooo much....

AntiKarateKid
07-28-2009, 03:02 AM
I'd ask him general questions about Hinduism until both you get comfortable with talking about religion. Then ask him hard questions which target the absurdities in the religion (demigods, weird stories, don't even know who wrote veda, it's corruption) to provoke thought on his behalf. Inshallah he will use his mind and come to Islam.

revert2007
09-15-2009, 01:20 AM
i was a hindu.just ask me anything insyaAllah i will answer.
does he worship statues?
does he read veda?

fantaxxy_moon
09-15-2009, 05:25 AM
with Hindus it's not very easy to convince them about another religion. I myself have a Hindu friend. They are very strict. they have strong cultural beliefs and they strictly follow it.. It's hard to convince them.. But it's worht a try :). Allah with you.

revert2007
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
it might be difficult to convince but very easy to prove them wrong.
ask these questions:

1. Does God have gender?
2. Does God eat?
3. Does God have partner?
4. Does God have children
5. Does God need jewelry/wealth?
6. Does God need home/shelter?
7. Does God have enemies?
8. Does God have friends?

i am very sure their answer will be yess for all the above question.then they are not worshipping god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna#Birth
if this so called God has date of birth..how can he be god?

revert2007
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
PROPHET MUHAMMAD IN HINDU SCRIPTURES

http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/prophhs.html

czgibson
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Greetings,

Also how can i convince him that our Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) is the Last and Final Messenger?
How about giving him a Qur'an to read?

If that doesn't convince him, I'm not sure anything else can.

Peace

Muslim Woman
09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
:wa:

God is One etc pretty much the same as Islam

but many Hindus beleive God is 3 in 1 . Bramha , Bishnu , Shiva . One creates life , one is the sustainer and one is responsible for death . This Trinity concept is against holy Quran .

May be , u can give him a copy of Quran ; also debate of Dr. Zakir Naik with a hindu scholar Sri Sri Ravi Sankar and another lectures on Similarities between Islam and Hinduism , concept of God in major religions could be helpful .

Guidance come from Allah ; so keep praying for your friend :statisfie

revert2007
09-15-2009, 10:17 PM
i dont know if that works.u just have to make him feel it is worth reading the quran.there are two way
1.u prove his religion is false
2u prove ur religion is true

keep on asking him questions and make him think.if he has hatred in his heart and he has determined he doesnt wanna give up his religion,there is nothing much u can do.check out sheikh Ahmed Deedat's video on hindunism.perhaps it will gv u some idea

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.