/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do people fear the spread of islam?

coddles76
05-04-2009, 02:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
05-04-2009, 02:17 AM
:sl:
Is that a question you want an answer for?

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Because the media show Islam in a horrible light. People fear politicaly Islam the most../.

coddles76
05-04-2009, 03:01 AM
:w:

Well Yes it would be nice to hear what people's thoughts are on the matter. cause the way I feel is that people should be promoting teh change rather than fearing it as it does away with many of the social and human problems the world is experiencing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
coddles76
05-04-2009, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ATHEISTofPEACE
Because the media show Islam in a horrible light. People fear politicaly Islam the most../.
yes I agree, I would hope that people would allow themselves to push through those fear barriers and if not accept islam atleast understand it correctly.

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:09 AM
:bump1:
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
yes I agree, I would hope that people would allow themselves to push through those fear barriers and if not accept islam atleast understand it correctly.
I have no problem with Islam, nor its spread, however stay the **** out of my politics. That goes the Christianity as well.

Of course I'd rather the world lose its faith not change it. :bump1:

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:17 AM
The Uk has a problem with how the Muslim their are acting, here in America the local Muslims are fine.....So ask some one in the Uk.

glo
05-04-2009, 03:19 AM

Of course I'd rather the world lose its faith not change it. :bump1:
Do you think the world would be a better place if religions didn't exist at all, AoP?
Do you think all problems, wars and feuding would disappear?
Would we be better off or worse?

coddles76
05-04-2009, 03:21 AM
:bump1:

I have no problem with Islam, nor its spread, however stay the **** out of my politics. That goes the Christianity as well.
I guess thats why politicians are soo corrupt aswell

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Do you think the world would be a better place if religions didn't exist at all, AoP?
Do you think all problems, wars and feuding would disappear?
Would we be better off or worse?
Not all wars, a lot of wars. A lot of genocieds would stop too. Their would be less out groups. Some wars, murders, genocides are done for religion, some are justified in religion, some are un related.
Yes I think the world would be a better place if we gre out of religion. I don't want it to no exist I want it to fade a way..... Does that make sense.

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:30 AM
I guess thats why politicians are soo corrupt aswell
Right...because there are any atheist polotician...... Not a single one man......Not like religous poloticians have been good. Not like religious polotics are good or peacefull.

glo
05-04-2009, 03:38 AM
Not all wars, a lot of wars. A lot of genocieds would stop too. Their would be less out groups. Some wars, murders, genocides are done for religion, some are justified in religion, some are un related.
Yes I think the world would be a better place if we gre out of religion. I don't want it to no exist I want it to fade a way..... Does that make sense.
Fade away like this ? :D

I have started a thread on potential positives of religion ... but I have to wait for it to be approved. Perhaps I'll see you there? :)

Peace

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Fade away like this ? :D

I have started a thread on potential positives of religion ... but I have to wait for it to be approved. Perhaps I'll see you there? :)

Peace
Sounds great, pm the link when its approved. =D

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:40 AM
BTW its not just religion but all forms of idealogy that I have an issue with which includes communism which has the worship of the state and/or its leader.

glo
05-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Right...because there are any atheist polotician...... Not a single one man......Not like religous poloticians have been good. Not like religious polotics are good or peacefull.
I wonder if it is power that corrupts, rather than religion ...
History has come up with some pretty nasty atheist politicians too.

AoP, just read your comment about ideologies, which responds to my second sentence nicely.

If you came into power, would you be able to remain fair and just, and not use your power for your own gain?
It takes a great man to be able to do that, I think!

coddles76
05-04-2009, 03:43 AM
BTW its not just religion but all forms of idealogy that I have an issue with which includes communism which has the worship of the state and/or its leader.
There must be something about atheism that you have issues with aswell then, since that is also an ideology.

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:43 AM
See my bit on communism which holds state worship......

coddles76
05-04-2009, 03:44 AM
he he he I'll take that as comedy. Good One ;)

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:44 AM
There must be something about atheism that you have issues with aswell then, since that is also an ideology.
depends on the form of atheism. And how is not beiliving a form of ideology?

glo
05-04-2009, 03:47 AM
See my bit on communism which holds state worship......
I did:

AoP, just read your comment about ideologies, which responds to my second sentence nicely.

If you came into power, would you be able to remain fair and just, and not use your power for your own gain?
:)

coddles76
05-04-2009, 03:52 AM
depends on the form of atheism. And how is not beiliving a form of ideology?
Oh thats right, Sorry forgive me. Atheists aren't allowed to have a thought process hence it's lack of ideas. My apology.

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Oh thats right, Sorry forgive me. Atheists aren't allowed to have a thought process hence it's lack of ideas. My apology.
The only thing all atheist have to have in common is a disbeilive in God/god(s) How can that be an idealogy? I am also a humanist and an environmentalist and a secularist and.... You see those things arent atheism.

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 03:58 AM

Will my gains be harmfull?

glo
05-04-2009, 04:01 AM
Harmful to others you mean? I don't know - you tell me! :D

I expect sooner or later what you desire for yourself may clash with the needs of others.
Which would you chose? Your needs or theirs?

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Harmful to others you mean? I don't know - you tell me! :D

I expect sooner or later what you desire for yourself may clash with the needs of others.
Which would you chose? Your needs or theirs?
Theirs, The things I would advance would do good for society, I am a bit of an idealist and an dreamer.

What are some of my needs?

coddles76
05-04-2009, 04:03 AM
The only thing all atheist have to have in common is a disbeilive in God/god(s) How can that be an idealogy? I am also a humanist and an environmentalist and a secularist and.... You see those things arent atheism.
I think you should put your 'Way of Life' title as 'Mixed Breed' then. Sounds more befitting ;)

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 04:04 AM
I think you should put your 'Way of Life' title as 'Mixed Breed' then. Sounds more befitting ;)
Yes I agree. You see my point though? By knowing that I am an atheist you only know one thing about me, however if I tell you I am a naturalist, secularist, humanist, you know a lot more about me.

Danah
05-04-2009, 04:06 AM
I did not watch the video...will do later inshaAllah, but before watching it, I think the reason that Islam has a horrible image due to media promotion is just a very new reason may be added to the main reason....because Islam had been resisted by pagans from the early days of the prophet Mohammed Peace Be Upon Him... in the early days, Kuffar were torturing anyone embraced Islam from the early start of the religion.

sometimes, people hate the spread of truth that might encourage the people to ask for their rights...that is my reason....take for example the early religions in general. People who were following the prophets like (Jesus, Ibraham, Noah, Moses...etc) Peace be upon them all, were all hated be their disbeliever people, especially those who are in the authority positions.

I think religions has nothing to do with wars or individuals groups.
if religions did not exist from the early stages, the world can be in a huge mess, and individual groups can be there as political groups fighting over the authority. I mean in today world....there are many secular countries that are still in war, so it has nothing to do with religion

in my opinion religion is a way to organize the people life since all of them are common in calling for love and goodness regardless of whether they are true or fault religions

glo
05-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Theirs, The things I would advance would do good for society, I am a bit of an idealist and an dreamer.
Then you are a greater man than most, AoP!
When were you thinking of running for President? :D

What are some of my needs?
That's for you to say, not for me.
Personally I find that people need much less than most think they do! (Some even say there is life without a PC ... although even I find that hard to believe!)

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Then you are a greater man than most, AoP!
When were you thinking of running for President? :D

That's for you to say, not for me.
Personally I find that people need much less than most think they do! (Some even say there is life without a PC ... although even I find that hard to believe!)
I don't think their are any truely harmfull and selfish needs I would push.

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 04:11 AM
I have to admit, I would have the hardest time dealing with religous groups. I would be big in to seperation of church and state.

glo
05-04-2009, 04:17 AM
I have to admit, I would have the hardest time dealing with religous groups. I would be big in to seperation of church and state.
I quite favour a separation of state and church myself ... but if you try to fade me out I won't be voting for you!

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 04:19 AM
I quite favour a separation of state and church myself ... but if you try to fade me out I won't be voting for you!
Thanks I needed the laugh. Yes I agree to something you said before religion + power is bad...

coddles76
05-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Yes I agree. You see my point though? By knowing that I am an atheist you only know one thing about me, however if I tell you I am a naturalist, secularist, humanist, you know a lot more about me.
Not really lol Don't know much about you at all except that you don't believe in the creator who created you and I.

noorseeker
05-04-2009, 08:00 AM

Atheism is a form of idealogy

Im genuinely interested, in what kind of system you would like to see.

Whatsthepoint
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
It is clear that France and countries alike should further limit its immigration laws, especially for Muslims, encourage Muslim population to move out of the country, deport radical elements etc, try to secularize Muslim perhaps along with every other religion so there'd be no special treatment.
Of course, measures should be taken to increase the predominatly white secular-christian population birth rates.
The video is highly pssimistic, it probabyl uses exagerated data.

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Atheism is a form of idealogy

Im genuinely interested, in what kind of system you would like to see.
How?

Sunnie Ameena
10-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I believe people fear the spread of Islam, because they do not have an open mind. First they must want to learn and then open up their minds to learn. Many religions feel that their religion is the only one that is right. I feel that thinking that way is wrong, because they are automatically assuming that all other religions do not believe in God. That is judging, and then they preach not to judge. They need to read Surah 2 verse 62 in the Quran.

Iconodule
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but I think the spread of Islam can cause concern in light of what happened to the Copts, Armenians, Greeks, Serbs, and other ethnic and religious minorities under Islamic rule.

Jedi_Mindset
10-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Shaytaan has built a system, that is attacking religions. He is spreading lies about islam to lure people away from the truth and instead they'll follow him(Kufar). May Allah guide them back to the right path. Ameen.

Who Am I?
10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
:sl:

It's simple, really. People fear what they don't understand, and most people don't even want to make the effort to learn the truth. They would rather continue in their attitudes of fear and ignorance because it's easy. It's easy to keep fearing what you don't understand, and this fear eventually turns into hatred.

It's hard to break out of that mold and try to learn something for yourself. Everyone around you expects you to act a certain way, say certain things, be a certain kind of person. Governments want robots they can control and influence, and free thinkers undermine that. Independent free thought is discouraged in modern society, and such people are ridiculed and reviled for being "soft".

I should know. It has happened and is happening to me almost every day.

Insaanah
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iconodule
I can't speak for everyone,
Good.

format_quote Originally Posted by Iconodule
but I think the spread of Islam can cause concern in light of what happened to the Copts, Armenians, Greeks, Serbs, and other ethnic and religious minorities under Islamic rule.
Under Muslim rule in Spain, Christians and Jews were allowed to practice their faith. Muslims, Christians and Jews intermingled and learned from one another, in the most golden period in Spain's history.

What happened under Christian rule? Forced conversions, the burning of Arabic texts, whether religious, scientific, or otherwise; all that learning and knowledge, burnt. Then the Muslim's language was made illegal, and entire towns destroyed and the populations slaughtered. Jews, who had thrived under Muslim rule, faced similar scenarios, and many of them were killed too. In Aragon alone, during the close of the 15th century, fifty thousand Muslims were put to death.

If we look at the history of the world, Muslims suffered persecution under Christian rule. In the first Crusade, the Christian crusaders murdered almost every inhabitant of Jerusalem. Muslims and Jews were massacred, so the blood ran in the streets ankle high. In the 19th century an estmated five million Muslims were driven out of the Balkans and another five million killed. It was, according to one historian, murderous ethnic cleansing on a stupendous scale. In Bulgaria, an estimated 200,000 were massacred. One can go on and on, and I have only listed a few out of many, many more instances of Muslim persecution under Christian rule.

The West would love for people to think that the spread of Islam is a cause for concern, and that Islam is the root cause of all evil. But nothing could be further from the truth! The harsh truth is that Christianity has a far more brutal history than Islam will ever have, but Christians would like people to ignore that. Muslim rule has been very tolerant in comparison.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.