/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is the name of that man?

Ummu Sufyaan
05-04-2009, 12:50 PM
:sl:
back in high school i remember one of my teachers telling us a story (its pretty well known, i think) about something that happened (i thinkit was) in either WWI or WWII...basically it was about how some man who risked bombing/destroying a whole village for a greater cause (i.e so that others some place else would be saved from something else which i dont remember what :-[)

what was the story and what was the name of the man.

my details are extremely sketchy, but that's the gist of it :-[:-[:-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
05-04-2009, 01:03 PM
US president Henry Truman bombed two major japanese cities in order to end the war.

Yanal
05-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Any source or reasearch done that has can make that statement true? In other words can you provide us a source?

Forced_In
05-04-2009, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Any source or reasearch done that has can make that statement true? In other words can you provide us a source?
Salaam

Searching sites can be your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_...a_and_Nagasaki

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
thank you...

transition?
05-05-2009, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
US president Henry Truman bombed two major japanese cities in order to end the war.
Harry S. Truman.

Or is Harry a nickname for Henry? Like Dick for Richard, and Bill for William?

I think in the Picture of Dorian Gray. Lord Henry is called Harry, so it could be so.

Yanal
05-05-2009, 03:14 AM
^Thats why we need sources to clear doubts.

ardianto
05-05-2009, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
back in high school i remember one of my teachers telling us a story (its pretty well known, i think) about something that happened (i thinkit was) in either WWI or WWII...basically it was about how some man who risked bombing/destroying a whole village for a greater cause (i.e so that others some place else would be saved from something else which i dont remember what :-[)

what was the story and what was the name of the man.

my details are extremely sketchy, but that's the gist of it :-[:-[:-[
I think that was a story about some men destroying village for prevent enemy take over that village. That was not story of atomic bombing.
Do you remember where was that story happened ?

Ummu Sufyaan
05-05-2009, 09:08 AM
^come to think of it, i don't think it had any relation to the atomic bombings...
i know that a village was destroyed to save the lives of more people somewhere else. If i remember correctly it was either destroy the smaller village and have less people die, or destroy the larger city (?) and have more people die.

Do you remember where was that story happened ?
i think the small village was somewhere in england...

Whatsthepoint
05-05-2009, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Harry S. Truman.

Or is Harry a nickname for Henry? Like Dick for Richard, and Bill for William?

I think in the Picture of Dorian Gray. Lord Henry is called Harry, so it could be so.
Sorry, my bad, Harry Truman.

ardianto
05-05-2009, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
^come to think of it, i don't think it had any relation to the atomic bombings...
i know that a village was destroyed to save the lives of more people somewhere else. If i remember correctly it was either destroy the smaller village and have less people die, or destroy the larger city (?) and have more people die.

i think the small village was somewhere in england...
It tactic was related to ground batle.
If that village was in england, that was not WW1 or WW2. German army never landed in mainland of england.
I think that story had no any relation to some batle in england but had a relation to a british.
Hhmmm,........how about Lawrence of Arabia ?.

ardianto
05-06-2009, 02:46 AM
It is me again.
I still so curious, who is he (who are they) and what case is that ?
That case was related to Britain or British and related to action for rescued other. And that was happened in WW1 or WW2.
Maybe they were Tommies, a nickname for British army soldier in WW2. and that story was 'Evacuation from Dunkirk'.
In 1940 British and French soldiers were under sieged by Nazi in Dunkirk, France. Some of them were bombed and another can escaped to England.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!