/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran

anonymous
05-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I haven't read the quran not even once and im a muslim, ill soon be 18. I don't know how to read arabic, i wan't to learn but don't know how to, i tried to learn but found it really difficult, i kinda feel embarresed of going to this mosque near my area because they teach small kids and im nearly a man with a beard :S it would be weird.

Does this mean im not a muslim because i haven't read the Quran? or am i sinning everyday? because of this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
:salamext:

this might be useful;

http://www.shariahprogram.ca/Arabic-alphabet.shtml

gladTidings
05-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Salaam brother,

Don't let your embarassment hold you back from learning to recite Qur'an. Many of us are still learning how to recite the correct way! Alhamdullilah, atleast you have decided you want to learn it, I suggest the next step is to find a qualified teacher that will teach you with the proper tajweed rules. Maybe you could have one to one sessions or like, the Noble Quran society hold different classes according to how much you already know. So just find out whats available in your area inshAllah. May Allah swt make it easy for you...Ameen

Ws

noorseeker
05-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Dont worry brother ,you are not on your own,

ive been practising nearly 4 years allahamdulillah, but i keep on putting it off,

i only thought about it today, where has 4 years gone too,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
transition?
05-04-2009, 10:45 PM
:sl:

You should get a group of brothers together to help you! Or you can try and get private tutoring lessons from an imam, or teacher.
=) No worries. Learning Arabic isn't as tough as it seems.

No shame in learning the Quran ever. =)
I was the only 3rd grader along with my 6th grade sister in a kindergarten class when I learned Arabic lol because I'm not an Arabic speaker either. So don't be embarassed. lol. Life goes on.

But you should really think about taking private lessons, you'll feel more comfortable. :D

Many of us haven't memorized the Quran, but while I'm learning I like to expose myself to the Quran by reading articles of sheikhs and imams on important matters. There you can help get the context of the ayat and better explanation than translation.

Brother, Of course you are Muslim. Your faith is a matter to Allah (swt). He Alone knows what is in your heart. He Knows your struggles and weaknesses and He will Judge you accordingly. You will get reward from overcoming your shortcomings for the Sake of Allah (swt). It's not where you start, brother, it's what you do =).
:w:

pvg8260
05-08-2009, 09:02 AM

Don't forget the mosque, i was taught how to read to some point where i could see if i was making mistakes in the mosque. go on a weekend day, early in the morning thats usually when they teach it like they old days.

doorster
05-08-2009, 09:32 AM
http://islamawakened.com/Quran/1/1/

transition?
05-19-2009, 02:44 AM

The Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said: "Verily the one who recites the Qur'an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses (because he doesn't know how to read it but is trying to), then he will have TWICE that reward.

HopeFul
05-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Assalamoalaikum, Do not feel ashamed in learning Islam,

My husband was born a muslim and he too, doesnt know how to read the arabic and he is learning now with me, at 33 years of age!!!

It is never late and you feel extreme pleasure even if you dont understand Arabic when you recite it, it soothes the ehart and soul and distracts you from everything else around you..

Do make an effort, try from the alphabets, then the differnt shape of alphabets when they are joined together and finally the accents,

it is much easier than english as s will only ahve ss sound, not sh.. not as in sion, a letter will only have on type of sound, it won';t change..

May Allah make it easier for you and you are lucky youa re still young when Allah ahs put the urge in you, it is a blessing, grab it and go and work on it,

JazakAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.