/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent backbiting

yasir12
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I sometimes feel unpopular, I feel that people avoid talking to me and would much rather talk with other work colleagues rather than speak to me, I do know that a few people have been making soem not very nice comments about me behind my back as word got back to me...I feel hurt that people would..............What can I do to prevent people from backbiting about you?

Any sort of dua that I can read that can make these people like me or at least stop *****ing about me behind my back.

A very hurt person here :(

Thank You.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mysterious Uk
05-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Sad fact of life= very few people are liked by everyone.. and no matter what you do, there is always someone that will say something behind your back (whether you know or not). Instead of worrying about all that just be yourself! I know soo many people who are so desperate to be liked, they almost change their personality to accomodate the person they want to be friends with.. it is the wrong way to go because that way you can never have a true friendship.

Also, why would you want to be liked by people who have/are backbiting against you? If you do not feel people like you, it is their loss, i'm sure there are better people out there you can meet. I really hope you don't take comments made about you to heart. Just carry on doing what ever you are doing and try ignoring the cowardly comments.

Take care.

idk
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Bro its their problem and they have to fix that not you.
Dont even worry about that, just be yourself and pray daily and make daily dua's and they can never hurt you - guess what, when someone backbites about you, they lose good deeds, gain bad ones and their good deeds come to you!

Great init :)

Seriousely, their so sad 2 keep on chatting bout u n they obviously got nothing better to do..dont b upset bout it bro lol :).

*charisma*
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

There isn't a way to really stop everyone from backbiting you, a human tends to get caught up in gossip talk and things like that naturally, that's the sad fact of life. However, you could confront the person or just ignore it and forgive them for it inshallah and patiently persevere. Believe it or not, a person who becomes distressed by the talks of his brother due to backbiting and slander, gets rewarded for it by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, so even if in this world you are harmed by it, you are getting rewards for it in the afterlife and you didn't really have to do much but be patient.

fi aman allah
wa'alaikum asalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
All the great people in history have had people say bad things about them.

The greatest example is our nabi peace be upon him, so many people hated him,and he was the best of creation.

Khayal
05-04-2009, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasir12
I sometimes feel unpopular, I feel that people avoid talking to me and would much rather talk with other work colleagues rather than speak to me, I do know that a few people have been making soem not very nice comments about me behind my back as word got back to me...I feel hurt that people would..............What can I do to prevent people from backbiting about you?

Any sort of dua that I can read that can make these people like me or at least stop *****ing about me behind my back.

A very hurt person here :(

Thank You.
:sl:

Just don't care about anybody, whatever they said about you, whether it is good or bad; BUT, always do, whatever is right in the sight of Allaah SWT...

:w:

transition?
05-04-2009, 11:22 PM

No worries, brother.
On the Day of Judgement, you'll be collecting your slanderers good deeds.
:D

yasir12
05-05-2009, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?

No worries, brother.
:D

This is true....my dad was telling me the same..........I wish i felt better about knowing that but still dont, I mean I dont go out of my way to say bad things about people so it definetly hurts that someone feels the need to say anything bad about you.............why oh why *sigh*.

Yanal
05-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Simply put brother :When you here people backbiting about you or anyone you know make an excuse to get away. That and after that pray to Allah to guide them and inshAllah you will have a day where no one will backbite about you. Ameen.

pvg8260
05-06-2009, 02:32 AM
No worries, brother.
Rather forgive than to hold on, Time to time i say, I forgive all those people who have talked behind my back.

yasir12,

ask for good friends that you can trust.

Yanal
05-06-2009, 02:34 AM
Not ask for brother "make" good friends:) and inshAllah you will be successful. Ameen.

pvg8260
05-06-2009, 05:09 AM
when i say ask i mean in your dua's. i used to have good friends which turned bad. so ask

Ummu Sufyaan
05-06-2009, 09:26 AM
tbh, if the people who bring you the gossip that other people have gossip, what does that say about them? to me (unless they are trustworthy/non trouble-makers) people like that just seem to want to cause trouble or something.

if these people are trustworthy, take into account what they say, and perhaps improve yourself, otherwise just ignore it...some people thrive on gossip...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.