/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beware,,,!!Wonder to know about ACID RAINS

saba muslimah
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
:sl:

Dear All Members,
I am sharing wiith you something very important to know...

Today i recvd text msg from one of my friend about Acid Rain... msg is
Be carefull this week ... There is possibilty of acid rain Because of the dark Cicle Appeared around the moonon 17th which happens once in 100 years.. It rains like nrmal raining,but it may cause SKIn Cancer.. so Alert ur Dear ones...... Msg from NASA
After read that kind of fwd msgs i never belive that types of msgs without any authentic proof etc...

What Is acid Rain??
http://www.epa.gov/acidrain/what/index.html

Acid rain is a serious environmental problem that affects large parts of the United States and Canada. Acid rain is particularly damaging to lakes, streams, and forests and the plants and animals that live in these ecosystems.

well here i found about this (Methane) ACID RAIN
So pls BeCarefull u all,
N Make DUA for all ur friends N Dear ones..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
saba muslimah
05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
"May Allah guide us for walking On right way"

need ur dua

saba muslimah
05-06-2009, 05:15 AM
????
:bump1:

Woodrow
05-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Sounds like a new "fear" email is circulating. Emails like this pop up often, they contain enough facts to sound convincing, but are usually based upon the thoughts of good intentioned people, with limited scientific knowledge.

Acid rain is a daily occurance, one of the faults of us driving automobiles. It is now a common part and dangerous part of the environment and has nothing to do with any circle around the moon. Every rain in todays world is acid rain.

Some info about acid rain:

http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0215471/acid_rain.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
05-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Holy! It was raining today and I was getting wet!!! May Allah protect me,my family and you guys from this,Ameen.

Woodrow
05-07-2009, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Holy! It was raining today and I was getting wet!!! May Allah protect me,my family and you guys from this,Ameen.
It is no major problem, unless you happen to be a fish or if you are made out of marble. As dangerous as acid rain is to the environment, it is much less acidic then a bottle of soda water (Which chemically is a very concentrated form of the water in acid rain) or even a glass of orange juice. You will be exposed to more carbolic acid if you spill a drop of your favorite soda on yourself, then if you spend 12 hours walking around outside in the rain.

Yanal
05-07-2009, 01:45 AM
JazakAllah Khayr brother for clarifying:).

saba muslimah
05-07-2009, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is no major problem, unless you happen to be a fish or if you are made out of marble. As dangerous as acid rain is to the environment, it is much less acidic then a bottle of soda water (Which chemically is a very concentrated form of the water in acid rain) or even a glass of orange juice. You will be exposed to more carbolic acid if you spill a drop of your favorite soda on yourself, then if you spend 12 hours walking around outside in the rain.
Oh...! JazakAllah woodrow Brother

noorseeker
05-07-2009, 06:02 AM
you can tell acid rain by the smell of it.

Woodrow
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
you can tell acid rain by the smell of it.
Not always, nearly every rainstorm is now acid rain because of industrialization and the emission of internal combustion engines. The smelly acid rain caused by burning coal and volcanos is probabably the least dangerous although the sulpher content makes it stink.

Re.TiReD
05-07-2009, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is no major problem, unless you happen to be a fish .
How can we protect the fish? :><:

Woodrow
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
How can we protect the fish? :><:
There are some natural causes of acid rain, that we have no control over (ie: Volcanoes, coniferous forests, some insects that produce formic acid, Lightening cause forset fires). Those will slowly make the oceans more acidic and the fish that are acid sensitive will eventually die off unless they have time to adapt to more acidic water.

However, much of the acid rain is caused by pollutants from us humans. the largest contributor is the use of petroleum based fuels in automobiles. We can reduce that by either reducing our driving or use non-petroleum fuels when possible. Here in the Dakotas, petroleum based fuels are being outlawed. Most of us have already changed to E-85 rather than gasoline for our automobiles. The emission from E-85 is non-acidic and is mostly water vapor. Most older vehicles can be converted to E-85 with a simple carberator adjustment. I converted all of our vehicles myself and it only took about 30 minutes time for each one (There is an advantage in older cars) Newer cars need a computer chip installed to chande the fuelinjectter and timing settings, costs about $300 per vehicle, but saves money very fast as E-85 is cheaper than gasoline.

Muezzin
05-19-2009, 06:08 PM
By the logic of these emails/text messages, we'd all be lumpy puddles of goo by now.

saba muslimah
05-21-2009, 03:54 AM
Asalam Alikum
Dear all..!
todays update i read on news by mail...

I think they found the best way to protect envoriment from globalwarming changes with "CAP & TRADE"

Cap and trade is an environmental policy tool that delivers results with a mandatory cap on emissions while providing sources flexibility in how they comply. Successful cap and trade programs reward innovation, efficiency, and early action and provide strict environmental accountability without inhibiting economic growth.

source.
http://www.epa.gov/captrade/

saba muslimah
05-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Hope u all get benefit...the updates Brother woodrow looking forward your comment

JazakALLAH

Woodrow
05-21-2009, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saba muslimah
Hope u all get benefit...the updates Brother woodrow looking forward your comment

JazakALLAH
Cap and trade is a very good and workable idea. Here in the plains States, I see many people going from gasoline to E-85, going from fuel produced electricity to home wind turbines, going from battery operated equipment to solar power. All changes that greatly reduce emissions.

The big battle is going to be with the oil companies and the oil exporting nations. we need to push the oil producing nations to find alternate means of supporting their economies. That is going to be a difficult task as it will result in a very fast drop in personal income for the residents of those countries. But, for the best of all, the oil producing countries need to stop pumping oil out of the ground and base their economic growth on other sources. Oil is no longer needed to run the world. without the oil the other sources of energy will become feasible and eventually lower priced and environment friendly. but, it will be a very difficult battle to get the Mideastern countries and Venezuela to stop selling oil.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.