/* */

PDA

View Full Version : watching football is haram

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
salam alkum in this post i would like to to prove to you that wacthing football is haram in the most best of ways sorry if i offended anyone with my outbursts, first of all allah tells belevering men and women to lower their gaze let alone look at the awarah of the opposite sex so is anyone here who thinks football is alowed to watch im intressted to know

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
:w:

Don't worry bro. Its just mistaken.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/100024

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/84291

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 09:46 PM

I dont see what the difference is between this thread and the other...hopefully it doesn't become like the other one. I have no opinion on the matter as I can't speak out of ignorance on matters pertaining to Islam...

:sl:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I'm curious myself. Men aren't allowed to look at the awrah of other men (please correct me if I'm wrong), so in that case, would football be impermissible to watch for both women and men (assuming shorts don't adequately cover awrah)? :?

Please, keep it clean and no personal attacks.
Good point.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yusuf18
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah

You are right that the football is haraam. The link can proves it:

thank you sister truth is always beats falshood

Güven
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Islam encourages its followers to entertain themselves within the limits set out by the Shari`ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, "Entertain your hearts; for hearts become blind when they are tired" (Al-Bukhari). No one can say that watching matches is unlawful. However the whole thing is to be judged within the boundaries that are clarified below.

The earnings of football players are lawful, as they earn this money in return for the efforts they exert.

Responding to the question, Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi, deputy chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, states the following:

According to the agreed-upon legal rule, there is nothing unlawful except what Allah has declared unlawful in the Qur'an or by His Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Other similar cases can be judged according to these texts. Thus, there is no text that prohibits watching sport matches, and we find no aspect to compare it to the matters that the Almighty prohibited.

As for those who say that it is considered to be a waste of time, we tell them that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) ordered us to entertain ourselves through lawful means. He (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Entertain your hearts, for hearts become blind when they are tired" (Al-Bukhari).

Watching matches would be unlawful if they include something unlawful such as watching some players wearing immodest clothes. Also, watching matches would be unlawful if one spends an inordinate amount of time doing so or neglects an obligatory religious act.

It is true that Muslims are accountable before Almighty Allah on how they spend their time. However, Muslims will not be committing sins if they entertain themselves through lawful means. But they will be regarded as sinners if they spend their time in doing unlawful things, or if they spend large amounts of time in entertainment, or if they neglect the obligatory religious acts.

Also, Dr. Jamal Ad-Din `Atiyyah, a member of the Islamic Fiqh Academy affiliated to the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), states the following:

There is no harm in watching football matches or other sporting matches, on condition that we not waste most of our time in watching. Watching such matches will not benefit us; the benefit will be for the one who practices sports.

As for the earnings of the football players, they are lawful, as they earn this money in return for the efforts they exert. If the matches aim at creating competition among the sporting teams, they are also lawful.

What is more important is that we practice sports to get their great benefits. Governemnts should build recreation centers and playgrounds, and encourage people to practice sports, rather than spending much money on matches and celebrations. It is important to encourage our children to practice sports in order to be healthy, rather than encouraging them to watch TV and play computer games.

IslamOnline

GreyKode
What if men wear long enough shorts?

yusuf18

yes for both men and women and woman is not alowed to uncover to anthere woman is she ???? so it same with the men

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
What if men wear long enough shorts?
yes if the navel to knee is coverd but its not the case

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 09:50 PM
JazakAllah Khair bro Guven and sis Fatimah.

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 09:50 PM
look at this beatuful hadeedth from the man himself the profhet of allah The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not show your thigh, and do not look at the thigh of anyone, living or dead.”

Ahmad (15502), Abu Dawood (4014) and al-Tirmidhi (2798) narrated from Jawhad al-Aslami that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by him when his thigh was uncovered and he said: “Do you not know that the thigh is ‘awrah?”
al-Tirmidhi (2798) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The thigh is ‘awrah.”
here is the proof inshallah

aadil77
05-05-2009, 09:52 PM

I don't think you're qualified enough to deem something haraam, if thats your personal opinion you want to follow then good for you, but don't go around giving us fatwa's on whats halal and whats haraam. Do you have something against football personally or what?

In saudi the whole country watches football and they dont expose their awrah as they wear long shorts which cover the knees

don't take no offence, just a reminder

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

I don't think you're qualified enough to deem something haraam, if thats your personal opinion you want to follow then good for you, but don't go around giving us fatwa's on whats halal and whats haraam. Do you have something against football personally or what?

In saudi the whole country watches football and they dont expose their awrah as they wear long shorts which cover the knees

long shorts are ok brother i never said it wasnt what ment is the ones exposeing the thighs and i all i want to do is just help the ones who dont know

aadil77
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM

the main reasoning behind these fatwas are the excessive wasting of precious time as it is with all games and activities

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM

Lets be it to leave it. Thats up to them whether they want to watch the football because Allah Taala is only judge, not us.

Don't forget that we all have the tests in here Earth.

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 09:58 PM
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not show your thigh, and do not look at the thigh of anyone, living or dead.”

Ahmad (15502), Abu Dawood (4014) and al-Tirmidhi (2798) narrated from Jawhad al-Aslami that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by him when his thigh was uncovered and he said: “Do you not know that the thigh is ‘awrah?”
al-Tirmidhi (2798) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The thigh is ‘awrah.”
here is the proof inshallah

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
the main reasoning behind these fatwas are the excessive wasting of precious time as it is with all games and activities
I just give it to answer to bro yusuf thats all. I don't mean to tell people don't watch football. I just give an answer for all different types of games and activities. Make sure some people are aware about this.

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM

brother leave the sister she just presented the truth thats all you carnt blame her we carnt make something haram halal

aadil77
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I just give it to answer to bro yusuf thats all. I don't mean to tell people don't watch football. I just give an answer for all different types of games and activities. Make sure some people are aware about this.
Yh no probs sis its just that you quoted
You are right that the football is haraam.
when the fatwa did not explicitly state that. The problem is that when you accuse something of being haraam you are also accusing all the muslims doing it - to be engaging in haraam. So its just that even learned scholars are extremely careful of deeming anything to be haraam without the right proofs.

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Yh no probs sis its just that you quoted when the fatwa did not explicitly state that. The problem is that when you accuse something of being haraam you are also accusing all the muslims doing it - to be engaging in haraam. So its just that even learned scholars are extremely careful of deeming anything to be haraam without the right proofs.
brother someone with abit of sence would know that its haram the football players expose their thighs which is haram to look at and here once more is the proof
The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not show your thigh, and do not look at the thigh of anyone, living or dead.”

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Here's the thing. You cant make a general statement that its haram because types of clothing vary from country to country when it comes to sports. If they are covered then its not haram...granted ur life doesnt depend on watching it. So bro yusuf u cant make a blatant statement that its haraam...it depends.

And again ur starting off with insults and u need to really quit it now inshaAllah.

Also sis Fatimah was just sharing links akhi. Im sure she didnt mean it. I feel like this thread isnt any different from the other one.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Yh no probs sis its just that you quoted when the fatwa did not explicitly state that. The problem is that when you accuse something of being haraam you are also accusing all the muslims doing it - to be engaging in haraam. So its just that even learned scholars are extremely careful of deeming anything to be haraam without the right proofs.
I don't accused all the Muslims doing it. I just give my links but I will change my quote if you are not comforable with it. My apologise. I just tired and I was busy with my little baby! :D

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Here's the thing. You cant make a general statement that its haram because types of clothing vary from country to country when it comes to sports. If they are covered then its not haram...granted ur life doesnt depend on watching it. So bro yusuf u cant make a blatant statement that its haraam...it depends.
subannallah what a lie sister what a lie i was only talking about when the thighs are exposed bring up a qoute were i said that the long shorts are haram i said longs shorts are alowed ofcourse if its not exposeing the things its alowed you just twisting know subanallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.