/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kenyan Arsenal fan hangs himself

Najm
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Kenyan Arsenal fan hangs himself

Within 11 minutes Manchester Utd had scored twice

A Kenyan fan of English football club Arsenal has hanged himself after his team's defeat by Manchester United.

The north London club was beaten 3-1 in the European Champions League semi-final second leg on Tuesday evening.

Suleiman Omondi, 29, who was watching in a bar in the capital, Nairobi, was incensed by the club's poor showing.
He left at half-time after arguing with a Manchester United fan and was found hanging from a rope in his house, still dressed in an Arsenal shirt.

'Broke down'

The BBC's Josphat Makori in Nairobi says the unprecedented incident has shocked football fans in Kenya.
According to his friends, Mr Omondi was in good spirits at the beginning of the match and even when Arsenal conceded the first goal, he did not seem to be affected.

He was so angry that he left in a rage

Eyewitness

But things changed when the team conceded a second goal 11 minutes into the game.

A woman, who sat next to him in the bar, said Mr Omondi was so disappointed by Arsenal's poor performance that he broke down during half-time.
Another eyewitness told journalists that it was at this point that a Manchester United fan started taunting him.
"Suleiman got hold of him angrily by the neck and started pressing him so hard," he said.

"We quickly intervened and asked him to stop. Suleiman then stopped but he was so angry that he left in a rage."
His body was found on Wednesday morning.
Police officer David Bunei told the BBC the incident was being investigated.

...Source...

Comment: When i say to the brothers and sisters, this is just a game, lets not die over it, i hope they understand what i mean now.

أَفَحَسِبۡتُمۡ أَنَّمَا خَلَقۡنَـٰكُمۡ عَبَثً۬ا وَأَنَّكُمۡ إِلَيۡنَا لَا تُرۡجَعُونَ

Have you then assumed that We have only created you for mere play and that you would not return to Us? (23:115)

FiAmaaniAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
05-06-2009, 07:00 PM
subhanAllah you are right bro, this is JUST a game, you can enjoy it here and there but never let it control your life.

If people are taking it this serious....then there is something wrong with this world.

S_87
05-06-2009, 07:09 PM
how stupid

GreyKode
05-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Jazak ALLAH kheir brother Najm, so true.
I know a few people, really old ones who go crazy when their team loses, such a shame.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
idk
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
So sad, man.
His whole life gne cuz of a group of men who are swimming in dollars kickin a round a piece of leather?

makes me rlly wonder how much people value life.
that guys jus bought himself a one way ticket to hell.

aadil77
05-06-2009, 09:36 PM
not a very clever thing to do now was it? his name suggests he was muslim, so we can only hope he was retarded or something so that his suicide is not completely his fault

update: he may have betted some big sums on that match for arsenal winning, lets hope thats not true

Layla454
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
How could someone commit suicide over a game of sport? subhanAllah

mystifyed
05-11-2009, 02:20 PM
my brother was watching tht game and in the end a boy was crying like mad. i mean they actually cry over a team losing.

Najm
05-11-2009, 02:40 PM

For some people football is everything. They go crazy. Not just football, but so many minor things in life. I know brothers who spend all their life playing playstation or xbox, or even spend their life watching TV or films etc.:mad: When will they learn?

SubhaanAllah, may we all learn from this. Ameen.

FiAmaaniAllah

Yanal
05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
*cough* thats aamirsaab:embarrass:

I am into hockey and the team I support lost the day before yesterday but I am still alive like that if many IPL fans were like this then more then 50% would be died including zAk and we wouldn't want that:X

Najm
05-11-2009, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
*cough* thats aamirsaab:embarrass:

I am into hockey and the team I support lost the day before yesterday but I am still alive like that if many IPL fans were like this then more then 50% would be died including zAk and we wouldn't want that:X

I know what you mean brother. I "think" theres nothing wrong being "into it". But dont let it take over your life. Cause the shaithan slowly takes you away from Islam. I.e. you may start to miss you prayers etc, then slowly even stop!! :mad:

Be vigilant as you never know when shaithan may strike. Always be on guard, and continously remember Allah (SubhaanAllah WaTa'ala)

P.s i am a football, fan, but i leave it on the pitch!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Soulja Girl
05-11-2009, 02:58 PM
:sl:

Omg. That iz liike so sad! Some pplz take sports way too siriusly! :><: Often, ppl tend to forget it's only a "game"

:w:

Mysterious Uk
05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I doubt anyone would hang themself over a football match, there are probably contributing factors we dont know about..:? Nevertheless, suicide is always sad & distressing, no matter what the reason imsad.

Sahabiyaat
05-11-2009, 08:43 PM
:muddlehea You gotta be kidding me.

I think this person didnt have much to live for.....he was sitting in a abar right......an alcohol bar?

and football must have been a passion.....but i dont think that why he hanged himself...unless he really was a bit tapped.

the taunting by the other fan ...now that rings a bell.....maybe things were going really bad for him......and then this guy taunts him on top of it all, so he commits suicide because hes had enough of this life.

me thinks. :playing:

chacha_jalebi
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
i remember in pakistan a similar thin happened, when pakistan let australia win :p the 1999 world cup, a man shot himself to death infront of the telly, and everyone was like man he couldnt take the pain, he was a die hard fan, then later it was revealed he had bet his whole savings on the match :mmokay:

aadil77
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
yh thats what I said ^, some idiots bet their whole life savings on a match lol

chacha_jalebi
05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
anyway the guy is gone, Allah (Swt) will judge him now

erm erm

:threadclo?

Najm
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu :P

No matter what the reason was The point of the thread was ultimatley the guy did suicidal over a game of football

أَفَحَسِبۡتُمۡ أَنَّمَا خَلَقۡنَـٰكُمۡ عَبَثً۬ا وَأَنَّكُمۡ إِلَيۡنَا لَا تُرۡجَعُونَ

Have you then assumed that We have only created you for mere play and that you would not return to Us? (23:115)

Brothers and Sisters, just remember, this life is too short, and surely not worth chasing the temporary pleasures of this life. Let us all ponder for a momment and ask ourseleves if we are wasting our lives, whether we are coming closer to Jannah or if we are letting it slip away.

Let us die on for the sake of Allah (Subhaana WaTaa'la). Allahumma Ameen

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.