/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim sisters died in 'depraved' attack

aadil77
05-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Sisters died in 'depraved' attack

Sabrina and Yasmine Larbi-Cherif were found dead in their flat
A man murdered his on-off girlfriend and her sister in a "brutal and depraved" attack, stabbing one of them more than 30 times, a court has heard.

Mohammed Ali, 29, of Old Snow Hill, Birmingham, had been in a relationship with Yasmine Larbi-Cherif, 22.

He denies murdering Ms Larbi-Cherif and her 19-year-old sister Sabrina, who were found at their flat near Birmingham city centre in September.

The prosecution said there was a "sexual motive" for the killings.

David Crigman QC told the jury at Birmingham Crown Court that Mr Ali had admitted the manslaughter of the sisters on the grounds of provocation.

'Scene of carnage'

Mr Crigman said Mr Ali stabbed the sisters before dragging their bodies into a bedroom and had twice had to rearm himself after knives he had used to stab the sisters broke.

After showing the jury CCTV footage of Mr Ali leaving the women's apartment he said: "[Mr Ali] had left behind a scene of carnage.

"He had used violence of the most brutal and depraved kind and he had killed two young girls."

He said the accused was arrested in Dover two days after leaving the fourth-floor flat.

He added: "In this case, it's likely that there will be overlapping motives - anger, control, base male brutality and a significant sexual dimension."

You hurt me with your words. You cannot respect a woman can you?

Yasmine Larbi-Cherif's text message
The court heard Yasmine Larbi-Cherif met Mr Ali in 2006 and became pregnant by him twice, resulting in two terminations. Mr Crigman said the couple's relationship was "foundering" prior to the killings.

In a text message to Mr Ali a few days before her death, she wrote: "Actually let's call it a day like you mentioned. I am disappointed you think I am a ****.

"I am not willing to have you in my life if you do not respect who I am."

The jury was told that in another text, the 22-year-old wrote: "You hurt me with your words. You cannot respect a woman can you?"

The trial was adjourned until Friday.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/8038606.stm
An example of the state of some muslim brothers and sisters over here, the girl who got pregnant twice died in the most degrading way and now all her dirty little secrets will have to be revealed as evidence, imagine the effect on the families of these people. And SubhanAllah it makes me so angry to hear about people who possess prophets names like 'Muhammad' getting caught doing this crap.

And lol this girl actually demanded respect from the guy, for what? for letting him screw her over?

Any way this is just one example, go into a college and you'll even find some muslims boasting about what they get up to with girls

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Very sad indeed. This is what happens when muslims are not raised in a proper Islamic way, they end up being only muslim by name and a shame to Islam.

Intisar
05-07-2009, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
And lol this girl actually demanded respect from the guy, for what? for letting him screw her over?
:sl: Have some respect for the dead will you? :hmm:

Inalilahi waina ilayhi raji'oon.

Güven
05-07-2009, 10:53 PM
This is a very sad case, whether they are muslim or not.

this is not a rare case btw , it happens often.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
05-08-2009, 06:41 AM
:sl:

we hold talks at the local school sometimes, its students are predominately muslims and you should see the grafittee that is scribled on the desks, toilets etc.

subhanallah, we need to help our youth and get them back on the right track, it is possible if we put enough effort into it.

now let me ask a serious question of the shocked, disgusted people who have read the news article...

what are you now going to do to stop such behaviour taking place again in your community?

or are you going to do nothing like everyone else out there?

alcurad
05-08-2009, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
This is a very sad case, whether they are muslim or not.

this is not a rare case btw , it happens often.
I second the first statement, the second one I disagree with though, unless you meant GF/BF relationships.
generally speaking murder is very rare occurrence, and people should stop distinguishing themselves by religion in such cases, when it comes to the basic human re/actions nature usually wins.
there are no saints, well not anymore..

Güven
05-08-2009, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

what are you now going to do to stop such behaviour taking place again in your community?

:w:

ofcourse everyone wants to help.
but the question is what can you do?

These youth nowadays don't even listen to their parents, how do we expect to stop them?

format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
the second one I disagree with though, unless you meant GF/BF relationships.
generally speaking murder is very rare occurrence,.
not only gf/bf relationships but married aswell

I don't know where you live but unfortunately here , murder happens very often.

Dawud_uk
05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
:w:

ofcourse everyone wants to help.
but the question is what can you do?

These youth nowadays don't even listen to their parents, how do we expect to stop them?

not only gf/bf relationships but married aswell

I don't know where you live but unfortunately here , murder happens very often.

ok we need to start youth projects, if you can get one going quite often you can even get local council funding or if not at least you can do some things.

so you need to provide something the youth want, and give them something they need from islam at the same time.

so they have problems with the fitnah of school / college / uni then you provide them with the halal alternatives and encourage young marriage as encouraged in the sunnah.

they have problems with finding good friends, put together a little group of brothers or sisters to start with, do activities together, make it fun but always encourage the deen at the same time.

soon enough you will have gained a little trust and they will turn to you and ask for advice and you can help them more.

i have lots of ideas like this but finding the help is next to impossible, everyone else is too caught up in the dunya but get a likeminded group of people around you and you can get going inshallah.

so get a group of youngsters, go play football but stop for salaah, encourage others to join you. raise a little money locally from more wealthy muslims and do something like paintballing, or camping and pretty soon you will have their attention and they will want to be practicing because it is something fun now not just getting hit by moulana with a stick for not learning Quran.

aadil77
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM

we hold talks at the local school sometimes, its students are predominately muslims and you should see the grafittee that is scribled on the desks, toilets etc.

subhanallah, we need to help our youth and get them back on the right track, it is possible if we put enough effort into it.

now let me ask a serious question of the shocked, disgusted people who have read the news article...

This is a good point here in leicester theres alot of effort put into the muslim youth, loads of lectures aimed at youth, plenty of jamaats going weekly

Today in my college the islamic society arranged the annual islamic event and an imam was arranged to lead jummah and give a lecture relevent to the youth. I didn't go to it, but the guys I know went for the maryland chicken on offer, lol.
Anyway the efforts are appreciated even though they seem to have little effect, girls will wear cover up and wear hijab due to embarrasment in front of a sheikh, the boys will have the fear of hell put into them for a day at the most, then everyone goes back to their ways. Anyway the efforts are appreciated and neccessary.

But the most important solution relevent to this problem is marriage, as you said brother. If young marriages are encouraged and parents are convinced out of backward thinking, then this would be the best solution to the problem if done according to sunnah. If imams can help remove the barriers to younger marriages; such as high mahrs, extravagent weddings, backward thinking, age limits, degrees, jobs etc and encourage the the sunnah way then I'm certain loads of brothers would opt for the halal option. I'd love to get married right now as well but unfortunately my lovely mum is from backhome and It'd be stupid to even think of it :D

noorseeker
05-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Those girls were algerian, this happened about 10 min from where i live.

A case of a jealous guy, but it takes two to tango.

The dating culture is wide spread, i honestly cant give an answer as how we as a muslim society are going to deal with it.

Maybe young marriages, but for how long. if you havent got deen , then theres nothing stopping people cheating.

We just have to look at british society today, were just a few years behind them,

Everything they do , we will eventually do.

Dawud_uk
05-08-2009, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Those girls were algerian, this happened about 10 min from where i live.

A case of a jealous guy, but it takes two to tango.

The dating culture is wide spread, i honestly cant give an answer as how we as a muslim society are going to deal with it.

Maybe young marriages, but for how long. if you havent got deen , then theres nothing stopping people cheating.

We just have to look at british society today, were just a few years behind them,

Everything they do , we will eventually do.

i agree, there used to be an expression that the UK was ten years behind the US in bad matters, but then in some ways we over took them so it doesnt really apply.

but muslims are certainly following the kufr into the lizard hole, not all of us but many.

also the marriage solution only works if they are practicing, if not then it wont, but for practicing people or people who are on the edge of that classification then marriage will solve a lot of problems for them at 2ndary school and uni.

some people are against young marriages because of the danger of divorce, but what is worse, zina now or divorce later? divorce is at least halal so if a couple is up to no good it is better they make it halal even if they break up later but lets not get like some people do with marriages and divorces nearly every year (i know one or two brothers like this)

noorseeker
05-08-2009, 08:39 PM

i agree, there used to be an expression that the UK was ten years behind the US in bad matters, but then in some ways we over took them so it doesnt really apply.

but muslims are certainly following the kufr into the lizard hole, not all of us but many.

also the marriage solution only works if they are practicing, if not then it wont, but for practicing people or people who are on the edge of that classification then marriage will solve a lot of problems for them at 2ndary school and uni.

some people are against young marriages because of the danger of divorce, but what is worse, zina now or divorce later? divorce is at least halal so if a couple is up to no good it is better they make it halal even if they break up later but lets not get like some people do with marriages and divorces nearly every year (i know one or two brothers like this)

i agree with young marriages, but doing it with the intention of it working,
and not doing it as a temporary thing to get them through their youth.

Najm
05-08-2009, 08:52 PM
This is a good point here in leicester theres alot of effort put into the muslim youth, loads of lectures aimed at youth, plenty of jamaats going weekly

Today in my college the islamic society arranged the annual islamic event and an imam was arranged to lead jummah and give a lecture relevent to the youth. I didn't go to it, but the guys I know went for the maryland chicken on offer, lol.
Anyway the efforts are appreciated even though they seem to have little effect, girls will wear cover up and wear hijab due to embarrasment in front of a sheikh, the boys will have the fear of hell put into them for a day at the most, then everyone goes back to their ways. Anyway the efforts are appreciated and neccessary.

But the most important solution relevent to this problem is marriage, as you said brother. If young marriages are encouraged and parents are convinced out of backward thinking, then this would be the best solution to the problem if done according to sunnah. If imams can help remove the barriers to younger marriages; such as high mahrs, extravagent weddings, backward thinking, age limits, degrees, jobs etc and encourage the the sunnah way then I'm certain loads of brothers would opt for the halal option. I'd love to get married right now as well but unfortunately my lovely mum is from backhome and It'd be stupid to even think of it :D
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Well i think its the parents fault (not totally). If parents followed Islam from A to Z, we wouldnt have any of theses situations.

They are so backward minded. Its so bad on their childeren.

Ahki G asked how can we change this? Simple start by yourself! cos... MarshaAllah everyone on this forum is great and If everyone here follows Islam corectly then we all will try to help others, furthermore our children will grow up the right inshaAllah.

Lets solve the problems at the root. Lets follow Islam from A to Z.

FiAmaaniAllah

aadil77
05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Well i think its the parents fault (not totally). If parents followed Islam from A to Z, we wouldnt have any of theses situations.

They are so backward minded. Its so bad on their childeren.

FiAmaaniAllah
Brother no one is perfect and its not all the parents faults, yes in an ideal world if parents did follow islam a - z then there would be fewer of these situations, but no one is perfect and this is where the influence of imams can come in

Dawud_uk
05-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Brother no one is perfect and its not all the parents faults, yes in an ideal world if parents did follow islam a - z then there would be fewer of these situations, but no one is perfect and this is where the influence of imams can come in
and lets be honest here... most imams dont have a clue when it comes to the youth, most imams dont have a clue what goes on outside the masjid.

what we need in the masjid is volunteers who can work on these problems, and not just a few talks.

i mean lets face it, the muslim community is polarising, yes some of us are becomming more practicing, mashallah thats great, but some are getting much worse.

how do we get the later group all the way across the spectrum of people to the practicing group?

so we not only need study circles and talks, we need to be bringing the bad youth (and not so youthful) into better company, the need improvement group lets call them, and we need to have ways of bringing them into the practicing group.

we need different ways of doing this, talks only work on people who are already part way there, well most of them time anyway, other people need a different style and method to be even getting them to listen to talks in the first place.

bro, you live in leicester, you know all the asian youth are carbon copies, hindu, sikh, muslim, they all look the same, sound the same, dress the same and get up to the same tricks. only difference is the names they go by.

now these people, how do we get them even a little interested in islam? because that is the problem we are talking about here, not the ones who need a little improvement so they come salaah a bit more and listen to talks other than jummah.

aadil77
05-08-2009, 09:34 PM
and lets be honest here... most imams dont have a clue when it comes to the youth, most imams dont have a clue what goes on outside the masjid.

what we need in the masjid is volunteers who can work on these problems, and not just a few talks.
There are some imams that are good with youth, but most probably aren't. The reason I mentioned imams is that they have a greater influence and respect amongst youth, some guys even have the mobile numbers of such and such imam. Volunteers can be a good idea, but youth now a days are so arrogant and disrespectful, I'd fear for these volunteers. Where as with imams they wouldn't dare try anything, they'd know there would be a whole masjid and community behind him, this is it with youth they'd only listen to someone in a position of power and has a status that can 'officially' guide them about islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.