/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Baby question

NIKKY
05-08-2009, 02:12 AM
:sl:
I often babysit my 1 year old nephew but da fing is sometimes wen he cries he holds his breath for so long dat his face goes blue and his lips go black.... we usally blow on his face for him to come round, wen he duz come round he's all floppy and drowsy....duz n e 1 knw why dis happens to him... is it a medical problem....?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
05-08-2009, 10:13 AM
awww it won't harm him inshaAllah..

read this..

http://raisingchildren.net.au/articl...h_holding.html

SouljahOfAllah
05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
:exhausted:exhausted:

RSPCC?

NIKKY
05-08-2009, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
awww it won't harm him inshaAllah..

read this..

http://raisingchildren.net.au/articl...h_holding.html
Thanku sis...the site ws very useful...i had no idea it ws to do with anger...!
il pass the info on 2 my bro aswell...am jst glad its not harmful..thank u again...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Not a medical problem, if he holds his breath till he passes out, then his respiratory center will take over and he'll breathe involuntarily.. kids are creative aren't they lol

BintAbee
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM

Subhanallah!!!! I never expeienced this with a little one before.. I would possibly scream for help if a baby had to do that! Thanx for sharing the article... We learn something new everyday :)

:w:

NIKKY
05-08-2009, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Not a medical problem, if he holds his breath till he passes out, then his respiratory center will take over and he'll breathe involuntarily.. kids are creative aren't they lol
after reading the article posted by scents of jannah i realisd it was'nt a medicle problem...at 1st i fought it ws, i would yell at my bro 2 take him to doc's...am so glad its not...!
ur right sis kids are creative..lol...dey also scare u 2 death aswell...lol..!

NIKKY
05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee

Subhanallah!!!! I never expeienced this with a little one before.. I would possibly scream for help if a baby had to do that! Thanx for sharing the article... We learn something new everyday :)

:w:
i nvr experiencd dis before till now...n it scared da life out ov me...!!

amna_mirza
05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I would strongly recommend you see a doctor just to make sure. It best to see a doctor because a lot of times different medical problems have very similar symptoms. The way you described it with his lips and face changing color it sounded really serious.

AnonymousPoster
05-16-2009, 11:23 PM
it can be really frightening...breath holding spells ...i think thats what they are called...
my son did this quite a few times when he was about 1yr just because he wouldn't want to come out of the bath!
....and once we called the ambulance he went blue...passed out... shaking and was foaming at the mouth....he came round by the time he went to hospital but was in a deep sleep for some hours after.

...caused by a tantrum...:rollseyes

elderly people say its not good to let them get to this stage of crying ...so avoid it if possible without letting the child know you give in to their demands.

distract them or don't let situation get to that point in the first place.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.