/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does Islam say about keeping pets?

Abdul Wahid
05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
:sl:

I just wanted to know if keeping pets is OK.

I know the Prophet had a cat.

I'm asking because I have birds which I keep in a cage but I let them fly in a room in the house. I also have gold fish.

Is it right to keep the birds in a cage?

Am I committing a sin?

JazakALLAH-heir.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Birds are fine. We had goldfish (several times, as they unfortunately kept dying).

Güven
05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
As long as you take good care of them! :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Birds are fine. We had goldfish (several times, as they unfortunately kept dying).
same here

btw does anyone know how many days/months/years goldfishes can live? :X

idk
05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
lol i had tropical fish and they lived quite long...my one lived the longest, it was called gangsta cuz it was black lol.

my dad accidently killed them by putting them into a jug of boiling hot water.

I cried :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Wahid
05-08-2009, 08:22 PM
JazakALLAH-heir for your responses.

Banu_Hashim
05-08-2009, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by idk
my dad accidently killed them by putting them into a jug of boiling hot water.

I cried :'(
Lol. What?! Why did he do that??

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Oh my Lord sis idk...my cuzin had an angelfish, very pretty fishies! Anddd she was going to change the waterrr and she forgot to put like a filter thingy there to ctach the fish and it was going down the drain...she tried to get it out using a FORK OMG. IMAGINE!
Makes me shiver.

Btw I have 3 cats! Well i had 4 but one died :S One ran away so that makes it down to two. One of them is a kitten....:statisfie...got it from the shelterrr.

NIKKY
05-08-2009, 11:36 PM
am sure ders no objection in keeping pets as long as u take care of dem....my bro has a staff....man he's scary...!

ragdollcat1982
05-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Does not Islam forbid dogs? Are blind or deaf people allowed to have them as service animals?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.