/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Q

Strzelecki
05-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Swedish couple fight to name son 'Q'

A COUPLE in Sweden has appealed to the country's supreme court in their fight to name their baby boy "Q".
Judges ruled in the couple's first appeal in January that Q was not an "appropiate" name for a child, arguing that Swedish law forbade names consisting of just one letter.

In their written appeal to Sweden's Supreme Court, the parents Rickard Rehnberg and Thitathorn Sukjit called on judges to reverse the previous ruling.

"There is now a child who answers to the name of Q. What does Sweden gain by forcing him to take on a new name?" they said.

In an earlier judgment in September 2008, Rehnberg and Sukjit told the court they had named the boy Q after the eccentric inventor from the James Bond films, a claim they have not since repeated.
The Swedish Supreme Court was expected to give its verdict within the coming months.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-23109,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
05-09-2009, 02:10 PM
maybe if they spelt it queue it would be appropriate. Weird name though :?

crayon
05-09-2009, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
maybe if they spelt it queue it would be appropriate. Weird name though :?
I love it!:statisfie

Strzelecki
05-10-2009, 06:35 AM
I know someone who's name is pronounced "Q" but spelled Kew.
I went to school with him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I remember to an article in 90's magazine.
There were few indonesian people who has names in one letter such as M, N, D and other. But one person added his name with a normal second name when he became adult.

Strzelecki
05-11-2009, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I remember to an article in 90's magazine.
There were few indonesian people who has names in one letter such as M, N, D and other. But one person added his name with a normal second name when he became adult.
Only one?

ardianto
05-11-2009, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
Only one?
When that article was writen, N and D were little kids. They are sibling.
And the man who added his name was M, but I dont remember what was his last name. Mr. M is not a family of N and D. He lived in other city.

(I must edit this post for add this)
Maybe I'm wrong about those names. I read that few year ago and now that magazine was lost.
I still remember story in that article but I can't remember, exactly what were their names. And in my first post I said 'and other' that because I read on another article there was another baby who has one letter name. But there was no story about that baby.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!