/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An interpretation

memories
05-09-2009, 05:10 AM
This is how i interpret faith in god, and I wished to share it with you, I often hear in college, with my friends etc people saying ''where is god? if he were here I would beleive in him'' But I think god works in unseen ways as to let us the choice to beleive in him, or not, what would be the merit to beleive in god if everyone could see him accomplish great miracles? no one would have any choice if his existence was a proven fact, no one would have any merit, as In having the choice, and deciding to beleive in spite of doubt gives true value to faith in god, and lucky are the ones that beleive without seeing!:)
I would like to hear different oppinions about this interpretation.

''Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.''
-Saint Augustine

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Follower
05-12-2009, 12:28 PM
But I think god works in unseen ways as to let us the choice to beleive in him, or not, what would be the merit to beleive in god if everyone could see him accomplish great miracles? no one would have any choice if his existence was a proven fact, no one would have any merit, as In having the choice, and deciding to beleive in spite of doubt gives true value to faith in god, and lucky are the ones that beleive without seeing!

I like that. I wonder did He make it that way or is it because we as humans are lacking that we can not see GOD, just His handiwork?

YusufNoor
05-12-2009, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by memories
This is how i interpret faith in god, and I wished to share it with you, I often hear in college, with my friends etc people saying ''where is god? if he were here I would beleive in him'' But I think god works in unseen ways as to let us the choice to beleive in him, or not, what would be the merit to beleive in god if everyone could see him accomplish great miracles? no one would have any choice if his existence was a proven fact, no one would have any merit, as In having the choice, and deciding to beleive in spite of doubt gives true value to faith in god, and lucky are the ones that beleive without seeing!:)

''Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.''
-Saint Augustine

that WOULD make sense, EXCEPT that Christianity is based on a bunch of people claiming that they SAW god! they killed him, but they saw him nevertheless. it's like you have your own golden calf, you can see, it makes sense to you, and now you can bow down to it and worship it.

BUT your thoughts make some sense, but NOT for Christians.

:w:

Follower
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Yusef which is more fantastic seeing GOD or seeing the moon split in 2?

You are twisting the Christian belief a bit by not adding GOD in human form and His body being killed. It was not all of GOD that was killed, but His manifestation to us in human form.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Follower
Yusef which is more fantastic seeing GOD or seeing the moon split in 2?

You are twisting the Christian belief a bit by not adding GOD in human form and His body being killed. It was not all of GOD that was killed, but His manifestation to us in human form.
sorry, Gene says it was God and if you don't believe that then you are not a Christians.

so get with the program or change your status!

zieg heil and all that stuff...

Yanal
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
A wise boy was once asked this he replied "Bring a candle and tell me where it is facing?"
A guy replies "How the candle is facing everywhere."
"Thats where Allah is facing"

That is our faith.

memories
05-12-2009, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
that WOULD make sense, EXCEPT that Christianity is based on a bunch of people claiming that they SAW god! they killed him, but they saw him nevertheless. it's like you have your own golden calf, you can see, it makes sense to you, and now you can bow down to it and worship it.

BUT your thoughts make some sense, but NOT for Christians.

If this does NOT make sense for christians? for what faith does it make sense? Is this Heretic?

amna_mirza
05-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Just looking at everything around us one has to believe in God. Thus I think ones belief in God IS based on prof. My view is that the world around us is a proof of the existence of God. In Islam, God asks mankind to look at the world around us and ask if it just came out of nothing....surely there as to be a God and God's creation is the proof of that. Since all of this could not have just been a coincidence.

Forced_In
05-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Salaam

From Picktal translation :

"This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who
ward off [evil].Who believe in the Unseen, and establish worship, and spend of
that We have bestowed upon them" [Al-Baqara 2,3]

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2009, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by memories

-Saint Augustine
This is trueeee definitely.

How many Prophets were rejected? Along with their message? Many.... by many people!

memories
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
This is trueeee definitely.

How many Prophets were rejected? Along with their message? Many.... by many people!
yes Ineed, this is something I admire in christianity the choice we have of being faithfull in our own special ways, their are no bad ways just different ways (I read this on this forum dont remember who its from tought) Im glad some of you have found my Interpretation interesting and may god bless you all! Because he is the same god for all of us!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Lol hmm I didnt seem to pick up "different" ways...I'll have to concur with that :p But yea otherwise u got it.

Follower
05-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Yusef - so are you saying that the One True GOD that created the world from nothing is incapable of making HIS WORD incarnate and manifest as a man? or that you don't think He did?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
That's not befitting of Him at ALL as God is way wayyyyy above anything in comparison to a human. He has Messengers for this!

'Abd-al Latif
05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Follower
Yusef - so are you saying that the One True GOD that created the world from nothing is incapable of making HIS WORD incarnate and manifest as a man? or that you don't think He did?
Allah can do whatever He wants.

But ok, let's say I agree with you.

So you're telling me that god created a barrier between mankind and Himself which prevented mankind from ever earning the pleasure of God, and that the only way for us to reach God is through His sending His (so-called) son down to earth to be humiliated, beaten, insulted and crucified, and as a result he died - while his father looks on - and this is perfectly acceptable and isn't considered blasphemy because this claim is a blatent accusation of a God of weakness and helplessness only so that mankind could be forgiven?

memories
05-13-2009, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Allah can do whatever He wants.

But ok, let's say I agree with you.

So you're telling me that god created a barrier between mankind and Himself which prevented mankind from ever earning the pleasure of God, and that the only way for us to reach God is through His sending His (so-called) son down to earth to be humiliated, beaten, insulted and crucified, and as a result he died - while his father looks on - and this is perfectly acceptable and isn't considered blasphemy because this claim is a blatent accusation of a God of weakness and helplessness only so that mankind could be forgiven?
No, I dont think this shows any kind of weakness, it rather shows great strenght, Jesus came and choose to die for the salvation of many,

''whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

This is what shows true power, strenght, and if you look closely, with you heart, you will find this t be so.

Regards

'Abd-al Latif
05-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I guess there's no reasoning with someone who cannot reason with himself.

memories
05-13-2009, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
I guess there's no reasoning with someone who cannot reason with himself.
I dont see how this has naything to do with the views I expressed,By all means please give me the nature of the reasoning you want me to do?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.