/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "The Kids Are Burning"

FatimaAsSideqah
05-09-2009, 11:10 PM
:sl:

"The Kids Are Burning"

BAGRAM — Eight-year-old Razia was playing with her sisters at their house in the eastern Afghan province of Kapisa.
Suddenly, a shell rocked the house, leaving it in flames.

"The kids called out to me that I was burning but the explosion was so strong that for a moment I was deaf and couldn't hear anything," Razia's father, Aziz Rahman, told Reuters.

"And then my wife screamed 'the kids are burning' and she was also burning," he said, his face clouding at the memory.

The flames that consumed Rahman's family were fed by white phosphorous, a chemical that burns away flesh and bones, used by foreign troops.

Now, the Afghan child lays in a US hospital bed at the Bagram airbase, with her small fingernails still covered with flaking red polish.

Razia's face is an almost unrecognizable mess of burned tissue and half her scalp a bald scar.

Rahman said the shell that burned his child landed after a firefight near their house.

"Troops were on the road, the Taliban were on the mountain and we were at the house, sandwiched between them," said the bereaved father.

"When the Taliban began retreating, they fired artillery at them, 12 rounds. One hit my house."

The US military accuses the Taliban of shelling the area with weapons containing white phosphorous.

"An enemy mortar team, known to have been operating in that area, may have been responsible," said US Major Jennifer Willis.

But the Taliban deny the US claims.

"This is not true, it is just a mere allegation," spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said.

Zaher Murad, an Afghan Defense Ministry spokesman, also said the government was not aware of the Taliban using white phosphorus in any attacks.

Razia is among hundreds of Afghan civilians being caught in the surging violence in war-torn Afghanistan.

More than 100 Afghan civilians were killed in US airstrikes in western Afghanistan last week.

Suffering

When Rahman saw his child on fire, he rushed her out to the yard, where he put out the flames with water stored to mix mud for a new wall.

Her hair came away in clumps in his hand.

Rahman raced inside to find two other children dead from head wounds.

He then hoisted Razia on his back and staggered towards the base where soldiers arranged a US airlift.

Colleen Fitzpatrick, a US military surgeon, confirmed the Afghan girl was hit by white phosphorous and had burns to 40 percent of her body.

"The way we treat that is with skin grafts...because her burns were so extensive we had to allow some of those donor sites to heal first, so we would go back to take skin from the same place more than once," Fitzpatrick said.

"Its never going to be normal, but there is still certainly room to improve on what she has."

Razia, who did not want her picture taken, is now suffering mentally as well as physically.

"My daughter is really sad and really lonely and she misses her family and mother," said Rahman.

"When I call home in the afternoon she talks with her mother and is always saying 'mum, I miss you'".
Source from http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM

Jazaak'Allah Khair for approved.

sister herb
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
:w:

This is same what zionists did to children (and adults too) in the last massacre in Gaza.

imsad

One my good friend too burnt alive by white phosporous bombs in Gaza. May Allah curse those whose are responsible about kind of crimes against civilians.

memories
05-14-2009, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
:w:

This is same what zionists did to children (and adults too) in the last massacre in Gaza.

imsad

One my good friend too burnt alive by white phosporous bombs in Gaza. May Allah curse those whose are responsible about kind of crimes against civilians.
Hello, ok so my oppinion goes as follow, as war is a terrbile thing and great crimes are commited by both side It is my oppinion that the palestinians must not curse the israelis and events like this must absolutely not instigate more violence.
It is only by gaining sympathy from the international community that the Palestinians can win, many great things have been accomplished in the name of peace, non violence , and understanding. Im now going to list a number of facts below to help better understand this conflict, but still a terrible act, in war it is often the inncocent civilians that suffer the most.

(1)In 1947, the UN partitioned the land into Arab and Jewish states. The Arabs did not accept the partition and war broke out. The Jews won a decisive victory, expanded their state and created several hundred thousand Palestinian refugees. The Arab states refused to recognize Israel or make peace with it. Wars broke out in 1956, 1967, 1973 and 1982, and there were many terror raids and Israeli reprisals.

(3)at Camp David and Taba, Israel offered to turn over 97% of the land in the West Bank and all of Gaza, as well as Arab sections of Jerusalem. This offer was turned down by the Palestinians

(4)The Oslo accords were supposed to have led to a peaceful resolution of the conflict, but continued Israeli settlement and Palestinian violence and incitement degenerated into open conflict in September 2000

(5)Mainstream Palestinians demand a state in the West Bank and Gaza. Right wing Israelis are opposed to creating a state, because, they claim, it would be a base for terror groups. In final status negotiations, the Israeli government agreed to a demilitarized Palestinian state with limited control over its borders and resources

(5)About 726,000 Palestinians were expelled or fled their homes in 1948 in the war that followed the creation of Israel, and additional Palestinians fled in 1967. There are now about 4 million Palestinian refugees. Many of them live in crowded refugee camps in poor conditions in the West Bank and Gaza, in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq. Palestinians demand that these refugees should have the right to return to their homes in Israel under UN General Assembly Resolution 194. Israelis note that an almost equal number of Jews fled Arab lands to Israel in 1948. Israelis oppose return of the refugees because that would create an Arab Palestinian majority and would put an end to Israel as a Jewish state. Most Palestinian groups, including the Fateh, agree, and openly proclaim that resolution of the refugee issue by granting right of return would mean the end of Israel.

comment:I understand from this that the palestinians the fled during the war for the creation of Israel stayed locked out.

(6)Almost all Palestinian groups were founded with the declared aim of destroying Israel by violence, and had a history of terrorist activities. Only the PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) has renounced this aim officially. In 1993,

comment: This didn't help

(7)Extremist Palestinian groups that objected to the agreements began a campaign of ambushes and suicide bombings against Israel. The Palestine National Authority claimed they could not control the dissident groups.

comment: Didn't help either

(8)the Palestinians believe that the aim of the Intifadeh is to destroy Israel. Since September 28, 2000, Palestinians have killed over a thousand Israelis in terror and suicide attacks. Israelis have killed over 3,500 Palestinians in "defense" operations and reprisals, including many civilians.

comment: typical escalation of violence.

(9)In addition to measures taken to ensure security, Israeli extremist settlers have harassed Palestinians, destroyed property, uprooted olive trees and killed several Palestinians in doubtful circumstances. The perpetrators are rarely identified and almost never prosecuted

comment: Both sides are to blame

sources:
http://www.mideastweb.org/nutshell.htm
http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli...inian_conflict

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
05-14-2009, 07:34 AM

During last 20 years when I have made work for human rights and rights of Palestine and Palestinians, I have read already all those declarations and agreements (which most of them Zionists haven´t never followed). I still don´t see how mistakes what Palestinians or they resistance organizations might have done before, could give any right for zionists to use phosphorous bombs and other illegal weapons against unarmed civilians.

Turning back to the original post of this thread; also I can´t find what was crime of that Afghan kid who burnt by white phosphorous bombing. Maybe she was a terrorist? Danger for security of the USA? Maybe hers father or grandfather fighted against foreign invaders and that was "a good reason" to punish her too? Maybe killing kids and other civilians in there is some kind of collective punishment?

May Allah curse those whose are responsible about kind of crimes against civilians.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.