/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to do niyat and what to read after naamaz?

yasir12
05-10-2009, 11:39 AM
How do people here do niyat just before reading naamaz, for example mein niyat karta hoon 4 rakhat naamaz kee......

Just so that i am doing it correctly and also when i am at mosque and we have finished farz prayer people start to read something by counting their fingers before going into a dua......what is it that they read? can it be anything i like?

Thanks for the input people.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amna_mirza
05-12-2009, 06:31 PM
:sl:
As far as I know neyah is suppose to be in the heart. One is not suppose to say it out loud.

As for the second part of your question. They say Subhanallah, Alhumdulillah and Allahuakbar. There is a specific number of times they say that. I do not know that number. They count it on their fingers. May be someone can fill in on the number

Banu_Hashim
05-12-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amna_mirza
:sl:
As far as I know neyah is suppose to be in the heart. One is not suppose to say it out loud.

As for the second part of your question. They say Subhanallah, Alhumdulillah and Allahuakbar. There is a specific number of times they say that. I do not know that number. They count it on their fingers. May be someone can fill in on the number
Yep. The niyah should be said to one's self. And to the OP, along the lines of what you wrote is fine. I was taught as a child, niyah, by my mum saying it out for training purposes. So once you know what you're saying just say in your heart and mind, InshAllah :).

The dhikr is 33 times each on the fingers?

aadil77
05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I was taught at madress that the tasbiy is 33 subhanallah, 33 alhamdolillah and 34 Allahuakbar

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
05-12-2009, 07:10 PM
the niyyat is in when you get up and do wudu or go to the mosque, you dont have to proclaim it there sayin 4 rakaahs asr prayer....

and after salaah, the Prophet (Saw) said astaghfirallahx 3 and various other supplications

here are some supplications you can read:D .....

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/S...Option=FatwaId

Sampharo
05-27-2009, 08:29 PM
As the brothers and sister explained, niyyat is placed in the heart. Some people might feel comfortable in whispering the niyyat to themselves, but that is personal remembrance.

At the end of the prayer, you make 100 thikr, which is say Subhan Allah, Al-Hamdo lellah, and Allahu Akbar 33 times each, and close with "La 'ilaha 'illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa AAala kulli shai'in Qadir" as the hundredth. That is what the people are counting. You can also recite quickly Ayat Al-Korsy (The throne verse) and surat Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and Al-Nas. You may also make any supplications you wish.

Banu_Hashim
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
^ and best to do dhikr on your fingers so they can be a witness for you!

SistaSista
05-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Salam,

I have been reading about this today,

After prayer we can say,
Astaghfir-Allah 3 times
repeat the dua "Allahumma anta al-salam wa minka al -salam, tabaraka ya dha'l - jalail wa'l ikram"
"O Allah, You are peace and from You comes peace, blessed are You, O Lord of Majesty and Honour" hadith sahih muslim 16/132

Followed by adhkar and dua known to be recited by the prophet,
Prophet (pbuh) said ""whoever after each prayer, Glorifies Allah, SubhanAllah 33 times, Praises Allah, Alhamdulilliah, Magnifies Allah, Allahu Akbar
then finishes with "La ilaha ill Allah wadahu la shaika lah, lahu'l- mulk lahu'l- hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shayin qadir" his sins will be forgiven even if the were like the foam of the sea."" hadith- sahih muslim 5/95

this can also be repeated before the final 100th,
33 times SubhanAllah
33 times La ilaha ill Allah
33 times Allahu Akbar

I also found that dua is an informal prayer and can be done in Arabic or our own language.

I like to use beads so I dont lose count on my fingers the chain has 33 beads.

Please can someone translate the red bit for me, (maybe Sampharo as you did mention it before,) thank you in advance

learningislam
06-05-2009, 05:37 PM
:salamext:

"La ilaha ill Allah wadahu la shaika lah, lahu'l- mulk lahu'l- hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shayin qadir"
Please can someone translate the red bit for me,
None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, He is the only one and has no partners.For Him is the kingdom, and all praises are due for Him. And He has power over everything.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.