/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do??????

zara75
05-10-2009, 05:29 PM
:sl:

Please advice, about 3 years back my brother got engaged to my cousin (mum side) and every1 was very happy although my dad has always had a prob with my mum's family , neway life was carrying on as normal until we found out about our mother who was diagnosed with cancer. she passed away 2 years back(may Allah (swt) grant her a place in heaven).
Things started to get messy from then on wards, my dad broke of my brothers rishta about 4 months ago saying that the girls mother doesn't respect him and did not speak to him properly in their last conversation to this she says that she was not rude to him.

Now my brother was ok with this rishta and so is every1 else in the whole family on the fact that it was my mum's wish. However my brother does not want this with out the permission of my father.

My father is adamant on this rishta not happening is looking for other rishtas.
Every1 is still hoping that dad will come around and this rishta can go ahead but dad does not seem to be understanding.

I have fought with dad on 2 or 3 occasions about this but he comes out with such bitter stuff about me and about my nani's family its just unbelievable.

He's willing to do nething. I don't know what to do. my mother would of be very sad as it was her wish.

i feel so bad going against my father but then i look at my brother's future.

I pray to Allah (swt) to guide me but its been so long and things are not settling down.

Please can ne1 help? :'(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raudha
05-10-2009, 05:40 PM
:sl:
May Allah grant your mother the highest stages in Jannah and grant you and your family SabrunJameel.Ameen
It is very sad to see the way your father is behaving. My advice to you would be not 2 give up.especially because your brother is happy with marrying your cousin. Try speaking to your father over and again and convince him that it was your mother's wish for your brother to marry his cousin.
And of course, make loads of dua. May Allah make this easy for you and your family and help you to overcome your differences.Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!