/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allowed Mother To Be Eaten Alive By Maggots

Strzelecki
05-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Woman charged over mother's death

A MELBOURNE woman allowed her mother to be eaten alive by maggots and left her dying on a floor surrounded by her own waste, a court has heard.

Kateryna Pyrczak's St Albans house allegedly smelt like a "rotting corpse" when she was discovered by paramedics lying on her kitchen floor with gangrenous legs on November 10 last year.

Police allege the 72-year-old's right leg was gangrenous from knee to foot and was being eaten by maggots and her body was covered in ulcers.

Ms Pyrczak was rushed to the Western General Hospital but died from multiple organ failure and septicemia later that night.

Today, her daughter and sole carer Mary Eve Pyrczak, 49, fronted the Melbourne Magistrates' Court charged with negligently killing her mother.

Ms Pyrczak allegedly told police she did not call an ambulance because she feared it would cost her $800.

Neighbours had told Ms Pyrczak to seek medical attention for her mother last September, police allege.

She eventually called triple-zero on November 10.

Detective Senior Constable Victor Anastasiadis told Ms Pyrczak's bail hearing her mother's house smelt "like a rotting corpse" and was littered with cans of fly spray and air freshener.

"Basically the foot was being eaten away by them (the maggots)," Det Sen Const Anastasiadis told the court.

"I don't believe any amount of words can truly represent the injuries she presented with."

Det Sen Const Anastasiadis also alleged Ms Pyrczak 's mother was surrounded by "a number of litres of human faeces" when discovered.

He strongly opposed bail.

"I think a strong message needs to be sent out to carers in our society ... that this sort of conduct will not be tolerated," Det Sen Const Anastasiadis said.

Ms Pyrczak's lawyer Matthew White said there were aspects of the case that were clearly "distasteful".

But he said the charge gave his client the presumption of bail.

Mr White said his client, who owned a home in St Albans close to her mother, was not a flight risk.

He said she denied all allegations put to her by police.

Magistrate Phillip Goldberg, who was shown photographs of the body, granted Ms Pyrczak bail on conditions including not contacting prosecution witnesses.

Ms Pyrczak will next appear in court on August 21 for a committal mention.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...005941,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
+o( What a new!

aadil77
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow no respect for her mother at all

Whatsthepoint
05-11-2009, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
Ms Pyrczak allegedly told police she did not call an ambulance because she feared it would cost her $800.
Is that true? You need to pay for ambulance unless you have healthy insurance?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Is that true? You need to pay for ambulance unless you have healthy insurance?
Yeh in australia you do

Whatsthepoint
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Yeh in australia you do
And no basic health insurance is mandatory?

aadil77
05-11-2009, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
And no basic health insurance is mandatory?
I don't know I was just told you pay for ambulances when I went to australia, you might find something here http://www.health.gov.au/

Rou
05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Where has the respect gone? where has the izzat gone? slowly but surely the socioty of the west falls yet they know not...there was also that incident with the woman who died in a hospital waiting room...and the 70 year old man who was run over yet no one even called hium an abulance let alone approach him to see if he was alright...

May allah guide those who are lost...

Strzelecki
05-12-2009, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I don't know I was just told you pay for ambulances when I went to australia, you might find something here http://www.health.gov.au/
I actually think it depends here (Australia).
Like if you're an ambulence meber I do believe you don't have to pay...For anything more than your membership.

sister herb
05-12-2009, 05:42 AM
:w:

I think it is not the basic matter does it pay or how much it pays to call help to someones´ mother or to anyone but the basic principle - how any human being can leave hers mother to die slowly, with great pain and fear and alone, without any dignity of human?

imsad

The guilty would never leave me if I do so.

Zahida
05-12-2009, 07:39 AM
:sl: This made me feel extremely sad for both the parties involved especially since my own mother at this time is suffering and ill and left in care of nurses. I would give my own life to see my motherhealthy and well. This womans daughter must have a heart of stone..................That was a big criticism coming from me forgive me because we do not know the full story but automatically are making our quick assumptions .............:w:

BoredAgnostic
05-13-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
Woman charged over mother's death

A MELBOURNE woman allowed her mother to be eaten alive by maggots and left her dying on a floor surrounded by her own waste, a court has heard.

Kateryna Pyrczak's St Albans house allegedly smelt like a "rotting corpse" when she was discovered by paramedics lying on her kitchen floor with gangrenous legs on November 10 last year.

Police allege the 72-year-old's right leg was gangrenous from knee to foot and was being eaten by maggots and her body was covered in ulcers.

Ms Pyrczak was rushed to the Western General Hospital but died from multiple organ failure and septicemia later that night.

Today, her daughter and sole carer Mary Eve Pyrczak, 49, fronted the Melbourne Magistrates' Court charged with negligently killing her mother.

Neighbours had told Ms Pyrczak to seek medical attention for her mother last September, police allege.

She eventually called triple-zero on November 10.

Detective Senior Constable Victor Anastasiadis told Ms Pyrczak's bail hearing her mother's house smelt "like a rotting corpse" and was littered with cans of fly spray and air freshener.

"Basically the foot was being eaten away by them (the maggots)," Det Sen Const Anastasiadis told the court.

"I don't believe any amount of words can truly represent the injuries she presented with."

Det Sen Const Anastasiadis also alleged Ms Pyrczak 's mother was surrounded by "a number of litres of human faeces" when discovered.

He strongly opposed bail.

"I think a strong message needs to be sent out to carers in our society ... that this sort of conduct will not be tolerated," Det Sen Const Anastasiadis said.

Ms Pyrczak's lawyer Matthew White said there were aspects of the case that were clearly "distasteful".

But he said the charge gave his client the presumption of bail.

Mr White said his client, who owned a home in St Albans close to her mother, was not a flight risk.

He said she denied all allegations put to her by police.

Magistrate Phillip Goldberg, who was shown photographs of the body, granted Ms Pyrczak bail on conditions including not contacting prosecution witnesses.

Ms Pyrczak will next appear in court on August 21 for a committal mention.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...005941,00.html
Absolutely despicable.

memories
05-14-2009, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rou
Where has the respect gone? where has the izzat gone? slowly but surely the socioty of the west falls
I would like to point out with respect that altought this atrocity took place in Australia this does not negate the fact that atrocitys take place all over the world every day and not only in the ''west''.... This being its a terrible and heartless act all the same. :(

Regards.

Muezzin
05-17-2009, 05:10 PM
She couldn't afford an ambulance. Fine.

Could she not have taken her mother to the hospital herself, in her own car (or a friend's etc) before the poor woman was infested with maggots and surrounded by her own waste?

Yanal
05-17-2009, 05:16 PM
That is so sad,how much did the mother eat that was too much to afford and let maggots eat her.

PS what is a maggot? I read in a book that they were things in a birds stomach or something like that...

Muezzin
05-17-2009, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
That is so sad,how much did the mother eat that was too much to afford and let maggots eat her.
Er... It wasn't that the mother was eating too much, it was that the daughter thought she wouldn't be able to afford paying $800 for an ambulance.

PS what is a maggot? I read in a book that they were things in a birds stomach or something like that...
Check out Wikipedia perhaps...

Yanal
05-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah that was a simile bro,Ok inshAllah I will do so right now.

Tony
05-21-2009, 07:47 PM
The daughter must have had mental health problems surely, you would carry your mother on bleeding stumps over glass to get her to hospital, me and mine cannot get on but even so I dont think it would prevent me getting her to the hospital somehow. To be honest the maggots were probably prolonging her life by disposing of necrotic tissue, totally amazing creatures that have been used in healthcare for 100s of years

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.