/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is self hypnosis haram?

idk
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
i do this loads 2 de stress myself when im feelin rlly stressed n nervous, it calms me down.

Ruling on this please ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
umm... hows it work?

Forced_In
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
This sounds weird to me.

witness
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM
This sounds weird to me
i think theres a difference between the hypnosis thats done on tv or stage for entertainment and the one used for therapeutic purposes.

Apparently it suppose to be like when you are day dreaming, you may not be consciously aware of whats going on around you but you can easily 'switch on' and tune in to your environment.

I remember reading somewhere how salah if performed properly can be similar to self hypnosis...this is why it would make it easier to keep away from sins as you have suggested certain statements (Allah is the Greatest ,Glory be to Allah...etc,) to your subconsciuos when it is in a relaxed and receptive state.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
does it work sis?

how do you feel, i remember back in the days in them magic shows, the guy would hypnotise someone with the click of his fingers :D

do you look in the mirror and click at yourself :D

eeee enlighten us, seriously

Cabdullahi
05-12-2009, 12:05 AM
oh my! hypnosis :eek:..........you could've just read the quran?

ATHEISTofPEACE
05-12-2009, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
oh my! hypnosis :eek:..........you could've just read the quran?
That could/would be a form of medation which would/is a form of hypnosis.

idk
05-13-2009, 05:27 PM
hypnosis is lyk..when you've got a test the day before nd ur soooooo stressed out...about half an hour before u go school you sit down n jus relaaaaaaax n imagine urself floating somewhere safe, like a beach alone or a cloud or something, and then you sink deeper and deeper into til u feel like ur really spinning, and then you tell yourself that you will try your best to pass this test, that your clever n its really easy.

It also gets u 2 sleep quick (:

N yea, it does work, my sis tried it and she passed her maths test!
Yay (:

Karina
05-13-2009, 05:33 PM
^^ True. I've tried it a few times in stressful situations. I always imagine myself by a beautiful lake, I can hear the water lapping gently on the shore and birds singing. I can feel the grass on my bare feet and the sunshine on my face.

It's just intense relaxation that's all. Emptying your mind of all thoughts, then using that opportunity to tell yourself how brilliant you are and that you can achieve anything!

:)

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 05:34 PM
that sounds like something that will give you straight A's.. my exams are over :( why didnt you share with us this exam passing technique a month ago....i went to my exams with a grumbling stomach and shaky hands

Karina
05-13-2009, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
that sounds like something that will give you straight A's.. my exams are over :( why didnt you share with us this exam passing technique a month ago....i went to my exams with a grumbling stomach and shaky hands
Aww I know, we should have started a thread for exam techniques! I've just finished my exams too :exhausted and sometimes found it very difficult to relax and focus. Maybe I should have taken my own advice!

idk
05-13-2009, 06:08 PM
shouldve asked bro (=

even tho i never knew bout it myself a month ago.

So no one knows wether its ok?

mmmm....

oh, n it can be used to be more social, get 2 sleep if u have insomnia, build self confidence, get thru a job interview, etc ,etc

IbnAbdulHakim
05-14-2009, 02:05 AM
lol i dont see any harm in what u'v described sis

sounds kinda fun for real

Yanal
05-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Depends on how you do it. Do you do it on other people to lessen your stress or do it to your own self? Please expand.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.