/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Husband, Wife and the Hoors

amna_mirza
05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
:sl:

forgive me if I offend anyone but this question has been on my mind since a long time and according to Islam the question of modesty should not prevent me from asking this.

lets say a husband and a wife get into Jannah. Now the husband would also have the 'hoors' in Jannah. I can't seem to get my head around this. How can a husband who truly loves his wife sleep with the hoors of Jannah?

If the husband and wife made is to Jannah then they must have gone through trials and tribulation in the life of this world. Now that they are in junnah how can the husband just go and have sexual relations with the hoor.

Again, sorry if this offends anyone here. It's a question that has been bugging me since a long time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amna_mirza
05-16-2009, 01:47 PM
ohhhh.....commmee on...
This forum has 20,477 members. I can't be the only one who has had this thought

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I find your question similar to one that others ask

'If you truly loved your wife why would you want to marry another?'

syilla
05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
i never heard that the husband will have sexual relations with the hoor in Jannah....hmm...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
05-16-2009, 02:02 PM
mmmm

i think we will be totally redesigned as humans, and so will not feel any jealousy at all.

like i say, good thing for the hoors...otherwise i would have seriously harmed them

nebula
05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
in Jannah they're wont be any envy hatred or jealousy so i think a wife wont feel anything but Happy and the husband :) inshallah

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Question:

What happens in paradise, with a couple who have been married. I have heard that the wife will be with her husband, but that the husband will in addition to her, have 70 women (hoors) at his service.
This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The believer must submit to the rulings and decrees of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: ‘We hear and we obey.’ And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise)”

[al-Noor 24:51]

If the believer is confused about anything in the rulings of Allaah, and he does not know what it means or what the reason behind it is, then he must say as those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say:

“We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:7 – interpretation of the meaning]

It is not permissible for the believer to say that one of the rulings of Allaah is not fair; exalted be Allaah far above that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And your Lord is not at all unjust to (His) slaves”

[Fussilat 41:46]

There is no rule that is better than the rule of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is not Allaah the Best of judges?”

[al-Teen 95:8]

“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”[al-Maa’idah 5:50]

Secondly:

In this question there are two mistakes and a misunderstanding. The first mistake is where the questioner says that in Paradise a man will have seventy hoor ‘iyn. What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that.

It was narrated that al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Yakrib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyr has six blessings with Allaah: he will be forgiven from the first drop of blood shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be protected from the torment of the grave; he will be safe from the greater terror; a crown of dignity will be placed on his head, one ruby of which is better than this world and everything in it; he will be married to seventy-two wives from al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will intercede for seventy of his relatives.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1663; Ibn Maajah, 2799; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

And more than that has been narrated. Abu Na’eem narrated in Sifat al-Jannah from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The lowest of the people of Paradise in status will be a man whose face Allaah will turn away from the Fire towards Paradise, and make a shady tree appear before him. … Then he will enter his house and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will enter after him. They will say: ‘Praise be to Allah Who has created you for us and us for you.’ And he will say: ‘No one has been given the like of that which I have been given.’” Narrated by Muslim, 188.

Al-Haafiz said:

The apparent meaning is that the least that will be given to each of them will be two wives.

Thirdly:

The second mistake is the questioner’s saying that al-hoor al-‘iyn will serve the man. This is not correct, rather the ones who will serve the people of Paradise will be boys of everlasting youth. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls”

[al-Insaan 76:19]

Al-hoor al-‘iyn will be wives of the men in Paradise, in addition to their wives from among the people of this world. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So (it will be). And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”

[al-Dukhaan 44:54]

“They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”

[al-Toor 52:20]

Fourthly:

The misunderstanding is when the questioner says: “This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.”

Fairness or justice is to be found in the rulings of sharee’ah, not in what a person thinks who does not know sharee’ah and its rulings, let alone the reasons behind them.

The sister who is asking this question thinks that the jealousy in her heart, and what it leads to of depression and sorrow will remain with her in Paradise, but this is not correct, and this is why there is this misunderstanding in her question.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allaah, Who has guided us to this, and never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allaah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.’ And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’”

[al-A’raaf 7:43]

There is nothing but joy and happiness in Paradise; there is no room for hatred and rancour in the hearts of the people of Paradise. Al-hoor al-‘iyn are something which Allaah has created to honour the people of Paradise and to increase their delight. Moreover a man will be given the strength of one hundred men for intercourse, so the large number will not have any effect on a woman, and her feelings towards her co-wives and her husband’s concubines will not be like her feelings in this world.

It was narrated that Zayd ibn Arqam said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “A man in Paradise will be given the strength of one hundred men in eating, drinking, desire and intercourse.” A Jewish man said: “The one who eats and drinks will need to relieve himself.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “The way in which one of them will relieve himself will be by means of sweat which will come out through his pores, and thus the food in his stomach will be digested.”

“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”

[al-Maa’idah 5:50 – interpretation of the meaning]

Narrated by Ahmad, 18827; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/443; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1627.

It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer in Paradise will be given such-and-such strength for intercourse.” It was said, “O Messenger of Allaah, will he really be able to do that?” He said, “He will be given the strength of a hundred (men).”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2536; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/413; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8106.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

syilla
05-16-2009, 02:12 PM
i thought the hoors are only to serve unless the husband has no wife in jannah or choose not to have one. And don't you know that in Jannah the husband will stare at the wife for many days because the wife is soo much beautiful than the hoors.

Let me read the book again... :D :hiding:

amna_mirza
05-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the replies, epically Abu Sukkar. I just find it very hard to accept and I don't know what to say when my non muslim friends question me about this.

I just find it a hard concept to believe because it it totally not what we are taught in this world concerning chastity. And what about the woman? If that man can have all the Hoors? what does the woman get? I have heard someone quoting something on the matter saying that women will have something similar.

It lower my imaan at times. And so to clear it shouldn't I question it and hope for an explanation? This is another question that has been bugging me since a long time.

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Sister what has fair got to do with it?

I know a brother who busts his guts to work and pay rent for his family. He lives every month as it comes with no savings. He pays for all the bills, the food, the clothing, his wifes car, taking family out, holidays, hajj basically every single thing.

His wife has in the time they been married saved over £55,000 and does not spend A PENNY towards anything.

The brother is not permitted to make his wife feel gulity in the slightest that he has to struggle every single day to make ends meet and that she has all this money. She can if she wishes help out BUT ONLY if she wishes.

Tell your non muslims friends that.
Tell them that Muslim men will pay for the home, the shopping, their clothes,the bills and everything else and see if they dont want a peice of that.

amna_mirza
05-16-2009, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sukkar

I know a brother who busts his guts to work and pay rent for his family. He lives every month as it comes with no savings. He pays for all the bills, the food, the clothing, his wifes car, taking family out, holidays, hajj basically every single thing.

His wife has in the time they been married saved over £55,000 and does not spend A PENNY towards anything.

The brother is not permitted to make his wife feel gulity in the slightest that he has to struggle every single day to make ends meet and that she has all this money. She can if she wishes help out BUT ONLY if she wishes.

Tell your non muslims friends that.
Tell them that Muslim men will pay for the home, the shopping, their clothes,the bills and everything else and see if they dont want a peice of that.
No disrespect intended but that does not answers my question. Besides, the wife is allowed to help her husband if she wishes. All this talk points to the, every man / woman for himself concept. I don't know where you were going this this reply.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sukkar
Allah is Fair.
Fair must have something to do with it. imsad

I am just trying to clear things for my self here....

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amna_mirza
I don't know where you were going this this reply.
I was addressing the issue of what you can point to when your non muslim friends bring up the topic.

Your right we dont do this tit for tat thing. Islam is perfect and complete.
Allah knows us better then we know ourselves and He knows whats best for us.

Certain things will appeal to men that wont appeal to women and certain things will appeal to women that wont appeal to men.

syilla
05-16-2009, 03:27 PM
:salamext:

jannah...is our ultimate goal and we will get anything we desire and that should not be our worries.

Muhammad
05-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Also see: http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafte...-paradise.html

Al-Zaara
05-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Some scholars have also stated Hoors will be for both male and females in Jannah.

But that doesn't answer your question, my apologise.

I think, and I have understood it this way, it is a matter of fulfilling fantasies or desires of Earthly life. The rewards await you. Jannah has it all, y'know. I'm not even sure it is explicitly talking about sexual activities, it might just be pretty things that feed you grapes so you feel great about it? Haha.. :D

You ought to take this more lightly sister, because inshaAllah, the woman who enters Jannah, her beauty will outshine any Hoor of any kind inshaAllah, she is promised the status of the best of the best. Her husband will want her over everyone else.

This is my understanding. InshaAllah if I have said anything wrong I will be forgiven.

doorster
05-16-2009, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Some scholars have also stated Hoors will be for both male and females in Jannah.
walaikum salam

that is because hoor [plural of ahwar/haura] does not mean a virgin woman/girl (to be used for satisfaction of carnal lust) but companions most pure!

:w:
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
edit (in light of post#17 below): according to Asad (a former Jew well versed in classic Arabic) and few Pakistani Ulema, 78:33 [ وكواعب اترابا] means "and splendid companions well matched"

edit2:
according to
Dr. Zakir Naik Hoor has no Specific Gender

1. Hoor mentioned in the Quran

The word hoor occurs in the Qur’an in no less than four different places:
  1. In Surah Dukhan chapter 44, verse 54
    “Moreover, We shall join them to companions With beautiful, big and lustrous eyes.” [Al-Quran 44:54]
  2. In Surah Al-Tur chapter 52 verse 20
    “...And We shall join them to companions, with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes.” [Al-Quran 52:20]
  3. In Surah Rahman chapter 55 verse 72
    “Companions restrained (as to their glances), in goodly pavilions.” [Al-Quran 55:72]
  4. In Surah Al-Waqiah chapter 56 verse 22
    “And (there will be) companions with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes.” [Al-Quran 56:22]

2. Hoor Translated as Beautiful Maidens

Many translators of the Quran have translated the word hoor as ‘beautiful maidens’ especially in the Urdu translations. If hoor means ‘beautiful maidens’ or girls, then they are meant only for the men. Hence the question, what will the women get when they enter Paradise?

3. Meaning of Hoor

The word hoor is actually the plural of ahwar (applicable to man) and of haura (applicable to woman) and signifies a person having eyes characterized by hauar a special quality bestowed upon a good soul, male or female in paradise and it denotes the intense whiteness of the white part of the spiritual eye.

The Quran describes in several other verses that in paradise you will have azwaj which mean a pair or spouse or companion which means you will have spouses or companions pure and holy (mutaharratun means pure, holy).

“But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruit there from, they say: “Why, this is what we were fed with before”, for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (forever)”. [Al-Quran 2:25]

“But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath - their eternal home; therein shall they have companions pure and holy: we shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening”. [Al-Quran 4:57]

Therefore the word hoor has no specific gender. Mohammad Asad has translated the word hoor as spouse and Abdullah Yusuf Ali as companion. Therefore according to some scholars a man in paradise will have a hoor that is a beautiful maiden with beautiful big and lustrous eyes and a woman in paradise will get a man with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.

4. Women will get something exceptional in Paradise

Many scholars say that in context, the word hoor used in the Quran refers only to ladies since gents are addressed. A reply that would be accepted by all types of people would rather be the answer given in the Hadith when a similar question was posed that if a man gets a hoor, a beautiful Maiden in Paradise, then what will the women get? The reply was that the women will get that which the heart has not desired for, the ear hasn’t heard of and the eye hasn’t seen, indicating that even the women will get something exceptional in Paradise.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-16-2009, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
walaikum salam

that is because hoor does not mean a virgin woman/girl (to be used for satisfaction of carnal lust) but a companion most pure!

Akhi, if it doesn't mean a virgin woman, then why does Allaah say about them and their features: وَكَوَاعِبَ أَتْرَاباً

Surah Naba, ayah 33. I won't post the tafsir here since we have some younger members, but it's pretty obvious that they are women.

Let's not try to change what's already there. The Prophet (saw) has described to us how these women will be, in different aspects, and even how intimacy with them will be, and it's not something that should be watered down or dismissed or reinterpreted in a way that's different from the way our salaf understood it, wallahu 'alam, especially when it's to appease someone's conscience.

I think Br. Abu Sukkar has explained it best:

Your right we dont do this tit for tat thing. Islam is perfect and complete.
Allah knows us better then we know ourselves and He knows whats best for us.

Certain things will appeal to men that wont appeal to women and certain things will appeal to women that wont appeal to men.

seeker-of-light
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
i agree with amna_mirza, although it is stated in the quran this can be a very difficult thing to accept for us girls, especially those with husbands whom we love very much. to think of another female to give pleasure to our husband can be at times frustrating. there must be a better explanation for this, i am sure that Allah would never give an unfair or unjus command to his creation. therefore there must be a misinterpretation.

Intisar
05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
i agree with amna_mirza, although it is stated in the quran this can be a very difficult thing to accept for us girls, especially those with husbands whom we love very much. to think of another female to give pleasure to our husband can be at times frustrating. there must be a better explanation for this, i am sure that Allah would never give an unfair or unjus command to his creation. therefore there must be a misinterpretation.
:sl: Yeah but you have to understand that in Jannah there won't be a need for jealousy, because you get all that you desire and so will everyone else. Though you're not comfortable with the idea right now because we are humans and we are subject to emotions, in Jannah you won't feel any ill-will towards anyone else.

Zafran
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Salaam

how can anybody put there views from the dunya - to the hereafter.......... The hereafter will be different from this world as humans will be saved and purified thanks to Allah swt - so there wont be any jealousy or any other selfish feelings or ideas as said by many posters.

peace

Yanal
05-16-2009, 05:07 PM
What is a hoor?

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Me and you are soooo gona have to hook up bro.

By far your my favourite member!

doorster
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
What is a hoor?
a companion most pure
http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafte...ml#post1143843

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 11:23 PM
By the way sister i forget to say that you are not alone in this

You could just google this and see that this topic has been discussed tons of times.

I know many many brothers who have been grilled on this topic and been made to swear that they will not want any other in the Hereafter.

For me its simple. There are those who looking foward to the ladies and then there are those ask for what these people ask for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukBX2TvfyQE

I want what these people ask for...

FatimaAsSideqah
05-16-2009, 11:32 PM

Take a look to this.

Al-Hur Ul-Ayn (Women of Paradise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCStTRzvxJs

Yanal
05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Brother Abu Sukkar inshAllah we will!:)JazakAllah Khayr for informing me of a what a hoor is:).

جوري
05-17-2009, 12:37 AM
What is Paradise? Muhammad p.b.u.h. replied "It is what the eye hath not seen, nor the ear heard, nor ever occurred to the mind of man."

so how about we leave it at that?.. we are only told of the things that we love in this world that we can relate to, only Allah swt knows what awaits the righteous..

witness
05-17-2009, 12:43 AM
If it has to be this way then ....Alhumdulilah we accept...If jealousy will be eradicated from the hearts in jannah thats great - meanwhile how to sort it for now...

Hoors are as they have been described pretty much... wow.
If women from the world will be queen/leaders of the hoors....:statisfie.... imagine...70 or however many hoors after your husband and you will be the preferred and most desired one.

The hoors (if its possible for them to feel this) would have plenty to be jealous about.. What fun is a competition when you are the only one competing?
Does the fact not feed the earthly self in one ? you and he and they know you are the best....I think that's indulgence? :D

BlissfullyJaded
05-17-2009, 12:44 AM

I just find it a hard concept to believe because it it totally not what we are taught in this world concerning chastity. And what about the woman? If that man can have all the Hoors? what does the woman get? I have heard someone quoting something on the matter saying that women will have something similar.
Chastity will still remain in Jannah, because the Hoors will be their spouses in Jannah. Spouses indicate marriage, thus it is not like fornication has suddenly become permitted for Jannah. In Jannah there will be no lustful / evil desires.

From what I'm aware, Allah has created man to be able to handle and want more than one woman. I understand that hurts, but that's reality. Given the fact the polygyny is halaal for a man in the dunya, provided he can be fair and just with all four, why would a man not be given the right to have more then one spouse in Jannah, a place that is free from all pain, jealousy, and negative feelings? The feelings we experience in this world is a test for us to overcome, and once we've made it to Jannah we've passed the test so there is no need for those feelings.

True, a Muslimah won't get multiple men in Jannah, but I'm not sure if you actually want that?? Generally the desires of a women is more directed at beauty and having her home furnished in the most luxurious ways possible, and all those material things and that is what Allah will bless them with.

Umme Salamah (Radiahallahu Anha) narrates that she said to the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) "O Rasûlullah, are the women of this world superior or the hûrs (of Paradise)?" He replied, "The women of this world will have superiority over the hûrs just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining."

Umme Salamah (Radiahallahu Anha) then asked, "O Rasûlullah, what is the reason for this?" He answered, "Because they performed salâh, fasted, and worshiped [Allah]. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies. [The human women] will be fair in complexion and will wear green clothing and yellow jewelry. Their incense-burners will be made of pearls and their combs will be of gold. They will say, 'We are the women who will stay forever and we will never die. We are the women who will always remain in comfort and we will never undergo difficulty. We are the women who will stay and we will never leave. Listen, we are happy women and we will never become sad. Glad tidings to those men for whom we are and who are for us.'"
[Tabrânî]
^ Isn't that more then we could possibly ask for?

May Allah forgive our sins and by His mercy accept us into Jannah. Ameeen.

جوري
05-17-2009, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
What is Paradise? Muhammad p.b.u.h. replied "It is what the eye hath not seen, nor the ear heard, nor ever occurred to the mind of man."

so how about we leave it at that?.. we are only told of the things that we love in this world that we can relate to, only Allah swt knows what awaits the righteous..

I wanted to add as an addendum to this post that the word Janna denotes (that which is hidden from sight) and its derivatives are of course Jinn, Jinoon..
so by its mere definition, we couldn't possibly fathom an iota of what paradise is like, very likely that Allah swt, only allowed us to know very few things that we consider most desirable on earth, such as marriage, children, having mansions, streams and rivers.. in reality we really don't know what it will be like and I'd personally rather keep it at that..

" Jinn comes from the Arabic word janna which mean hidden, or unseen."
http://www.ummah.net/Al_adaab/aqeeda..._the_need.html

witness
05-17-2009, 01:06 AM
You know how men just don't get some things.. ...this is proof...they're surely lacking somewhere :X
...so it had to be spelt out for them what they could be getting.

As for women.... I think Allah swt trusts us...
We have the capability to know whatever we get will be beyond imagination and we'll love it.

Lets pray we are able to use the capability that men have been deprived of.:D

Woodrow
05-17-2009, 01:41 AM
The original question was answered about 26 posts back. There is no sense in us going on with guesses and speculations, about all we accomplish that way is end up speaking in error and spreading our errors.

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.