/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haroon Baqai

YusufNoor
05-13-2009, 01:34 PM
:sl:

i don't know how many of have heard of this brother, but his recitation is strikingly beautiful.

This 2 CD set has beautiful recitation of the Qur'an Juz 29 and 30 and Adhan by Haroon Baqai. He is also the head of Dar-us-Salaam's Hifz School in College Park, Maryland, USA, where he has also lead taraweeh prayers for the last 6 years. He has ijaza in Hafs 'un 'asim from Saudi Arabia.
give a listen:

http://www.kalamullah.com/haroon-baqai.html

what do you think?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
convert
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

i don't know how many of have heard of this brother, but his recitation is strikingly beautiful.

give a listen:

http://www.kalamullah.com/haroon-baqai.html

what do you think?

MashaAllah he lives in the next community over and makes it out to my masjid from time to time. Sheikh Haroon is a nice brother as well as being an excellent Qari.

YusufNoor
05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
MashaAllah he lives in the next community over and makes it out to my masjid from time to time. Sheikh Haroon is a nice brother as well as being an excellent Qari.

i'm a tone-deaf revert who practically flunked my own language in school. i'm using Brother Haroon's Ahlul Qur'an Gear set to learn to recite Qur'an.

convert
05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

i'm a tone-deaf revert who practically flunked my own language in school. i'm using Brother Haroon's Ahlul Qur'an Gear set to learn to recite Qur'an.

I believe he has a set of tapes out where he teaches tajweed. A brother at my masjid uses them with his daughters, he says they are quite good. I can ask him about it for you if you would like inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I believe he has a set of tapes out where he teaches tajweed. A brother at my masjid uses them with his daughters, he says they are quite good. I can ask him about it for you if you would like inshaAllah.

JazakAllah Khayr, yes, i would be interested.

YusufNoor
05-17-2009, 05:46 PM

:bump1:

i'm gonna start taking names if no-one listens to the brother!:raging:

just kidding. give a listen.

convert
05-18-2009, 03:22 AM
i have not been able to speak with the brother with the tapes.

i go to halaqah at the sheikh haroon's masjid on fridays, i will ask him next time about where they can be purchased inshaAllah

YusufNoor
05-18-2009, 03:28 AM
i have not been able to speak with the brother with the tapes.

i go to halaqah at the sheikh haroon's masjid on fridays, i will ask him next time about where they can be purchased inshaAllah

JazakAllah Khayr.

btw, about 6 brothers who listened to Healers of the Heart IMMEDIATELY fell in love with it! one who just recently returned from Saudi Arabia(OK i forgot which city :-[) for Hafz studies.

never took more than a second or 2!

Al-Hanbali
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
:salamext:

You can hear a hint of Shaykh Muhammad Ayyoub in the brother's qiraa'ah. MashaAllaah very nice!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.