/* */

PDA

View Full Version : in need of serious help..i cant

AnonymousPoster
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
:sl:

Let me start off my saying that I am a righteous person.im GOD fearing and watch what I say and do for the most part. When I seen, whether it’s major or minor I quickly ask for forgiveness and feel guilty.
I’ve been having issues with pronouncing the letter “ra” in the Arabic alphabet. This was a problem form about a year ago but it disappeared but now it back again
I don’t know what it is. I can’t say the letter “ra” without stuttering badly or sometimes it doesn’t come out. It’s as if my tongue refuses to meet the top of my gums so I can say it. Prayer has become hard and Dua has been made difficult. I can’t say the Fatiha right and can’t even say ALLAHO Akbar to start my Salah without great difficulty. I continue with my Prayer even though I know I didn’t say it right because I know I tried my best. I can’t say Rabi in my dua or anything that has a “ra” in it which is basically everything

Now I’m wondering if this is a test or a punishment. Maybe ALLAH Subhan Wa Ta’la is punishing me so I can suffer and be rewarded for the difficulties I have to encounter. i don’t know!!! I’m extremely frustrated!!!

Ive always been the type to get up and make Wadu before the Prayer call and now I wait until the Prayer call has passed to get up and make Wadu.
I cant concentrate on my Salah at all because im to busy trying to pronounce this letter that refuses to come out. My Salah have been week to the point where it means almost nothing. I try my best but its taking a toile on me.I pray and have no fulfillment anymore. It’s like meaningless because the entire time I’m in front of my LORD I’m stuttering and completely frustrated

what i going on?

have you ever experience this or known of someone who has?

what should i do.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
05-13-2009, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Now I’m wondering if this is a test or a punishment. Maybe ALLAH Subhan Wa Ta’la is punishing me so I can suffer and be rewarded for the difficulties I have to encounter. i don’t know!!! I’m extremely frustrated!!!

It’s like meaningless because the entire time I’m in front of my LORD I’m stuttering and completely frustrated

have you ever experience this or known of someone who has?
Yes, I have. Prophet Musa peace be upon him, one of the greatest prophets sent to mankind. He also stuttered, and had difficulty with speech.

He (Mosaa) said: "O my Lord! Expand for me my breast; "Ease my task for me; "And remove the impediment from my speech, "So they may understand what I say:

It, like any other difficulty in life, is simply a test. Say Alhamdullilah sister, think of those who can't speak at all.. inshaAllah this test will be the one that gets you to Jannah. :)

Always say this dua'a, ukhti.

قَالَ رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي
Qala rabbishrah lee [s]adree

وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي
Wayassir lee amree

وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي
Wahlul 'Uqdatam-mil-li saanee

يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي
Yafqahoo qawlee

AnonymousPoster
05-13-2009, 10:01 PM

shukran sis but this is not a problem anyother time.only primarly in Salah.

im very frasutrated.i just prayed Salah and the entire time i was wishing it was over.i love praying and feeling that connecion with ALLAH Subhan Wa Ta'al but now i dont.i feel like i will be punished b/c i dnt focus n Salah.its all messed up and nothing is right in Salah anymore

i need help? what should i do

i dont stutter any other time and i dnt have a history in doing so

also,do you have to actaul say the words and Quran in Salah loud enough so you can hear it.can say it inside with my lips still moving but with obsolutely no sound comming out

i need advice asap please

ummsara1108
05-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Salam, Perhaps your just so focused on messing up the Ra in your salah, that it completely takes over your mind and makes you nervous, or like Crayon said, "it's simply a test". Try not to focus so much on the pronounceation. Do your best and allah will reward you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
05-14-2009, 08:57 AM
If, when praying, a person experiences waswaas (insinuating thoughts) from Shaytaan, which cause him to falter in his recitation of Qur’aan, make him think bad thoughts and make him doubt the number of rak’ahs he has completed, what should he do?

This happened to one of the Sahaabah, namely ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him). He came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and complained about it: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my salaah, and causes me to falter in my recitation.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a shaytaan (devil) called Khanzab. If you sense his presence, seek refuge with Allaah and spit (dry spitting) to your left three times.” ‘Uthmaan (later) said: “I did that, and Allaah rid me of him.” (Saheeh Muslim, no. 2203).

This hadeeth indicates two ways in which one may ward off the shaytaan who tries to disrupt one’s prayers. The first is to seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of Shaytaan, even by pronouncing these words whilst praying – there is nothing wrong with doing so in this case. The second is to spit (dry spitting) to the left three times. This means blowing air in a manner similar to spitting but ejecting more a very small amount of saliva, so long as this will not affect the person next to you or making the masjid dirty.
Source

Abu Sukkar
05-14-2009, 09:14 AM
You beats me to it

This is waswaas plain and simple.

If there is one thing i know that is waswaas.

You have to ignore this. I know its easier said then done. I live with this every day.

Shaytan is just trying to come at you from different angles becos he is trying to ruin what he could not do and that is obey Allah.

Is it just pronouncing?
Do you have any issues with time spent doing wudu?
Do you check continually to make sure you are tahir?

Abu Sukkar
05-14-2009, 01:34 PM
My memory is really pants at the moment so if i dont post in this thead pls pm me or something to remind me.

I have an excellent book on this but i need to know the answers to my questions.

AnonymousPoster
05-14-2009, 04:19 PM

yes i use to take forever to make wadu.like 20 min

yes im always worried about being clean and Tahir

also,do you have to actaul say the words and Quran in Salah loud enough so you can hear it.can say it inside with my lips still moving but with obsolutely no sound comming out?

Abu Sukkar
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
First things first read this book

http://www.muslimbase.com/product_in...roducts_id=421

Excellent help.

Get it or get someone to get it for you.

Does this just affect you, your clothes, your wudu or does it affect other areas such as household items? Do you wipe things down before touching them etc? Do you worry excessively about if things are clean or not?

AnonymousPoster
05-14-2009, 07:49 PM

i dont worry to much if things are clean or not.i do wash my slippers down before placing my feet in it when making wadu.i do worry if the place im putting my feet on (carpet) before i get to the Prayer mat is clean.

for example if my leg simply touches the bathroom mat i rewash my foot

you seam to know what im going through...

also in Salah i dnt only stutter,i have to make sure i hear myself there for i read out loud.

in my Salah today i didnt even read outloud.i know Duhr is a silent Prayer but i didnt even whisper.i just read in my mind.is that ok? is my salah valid

shukran brother

Abu Sukkar
05-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Your Salah is perfectly fine Inshallah

Listen to me very carefully. This is sooo common you wouldn’t believe it.
If you knew the cases I have to deal with you would be shocked

Alhamdulillah you are still at a very early stage me thinks.
I’ve got so much I want to ask you.

First and foremost know that what you are going through is a trial. Allah does not hate you. This is your test and Inshallah it will bring you closer to Allah.
Shaytan he knows how important your ibadah is to you so that is what he is using against you.
Shaytan has 2 main weapons Doubts and Desires. He is using the first one against you but you Inshallah will stand firm. Shaytan is like a dog if you show fear he will come closer to you but when you show him that you are a unmovable brick wall he will get frustrated.
Allah does not burden a soul more then what it can bear. Not a pin prick goes without some sins being relived and here you are suffering so do you not think the sins are falling off you? You are being forgiven for every second you have this hanging over your head
You are far far from being alone. The only problem with others is that
1) They don’t know that there is an issue
2) They wont admit there is an issue
3) They think others will not understand
4) They try to justify it as normal

I know people who have had it far worse then you and Alhamdulillah they are much much better

If I tell you my experience.
One Ramadan few years back I started getting really really bad thoughts about Allah. I mean real bad! I was petrified and convinced I was going to die a kafir and burn forever. I told myself that all the Shaytan are locked up so this must be how I feel deep inside and I’m only just realizing it. I was convinced that I was a Munafiq of the highest order. All around me people were happy and I was in the gutter. This went on for a while till I read a hadith and that changed me. I was like Rocky after his wife told him to go fight I was jumping for joy!

I promise you I know exactly what you are going through and Inshallah I will help you the best I can.

Questions for you

1) Are you doing your zikr in the morning and night
2) How much do you know about Tahara and Salah?

Practical steps

1) Write down all the questions you have and worry about. Carry paper and pen with you in case you can’t think of them all now.
2) Are you able to buy the book?
3) Write this quote somewhere we are going to come back to it.
Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your actions.
Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

4 I put something together for someone else and Inshallah they use it. I will dig it up for you too.

I promise you one thing. Keep faith in Allah and you will be fine. Love Him like you love Him now and He will love you.

Abu Sukkar
05-15-2009, 01:36 AM
I continue with my Prayer even though I know I didn’t say it right because I know I tried my best.

I forgot to tell you how happy you made me when you said this!!

I promise you that if you do this then everything will be a-ok!

anonymous
05-15-2009, 11:36 AM
If I tell you my experience.
One Ramadan few years back I started getting really really bad thoughts about Allah. I mean real bad! I was petrified and convinced I was going to die a kafir and burn forever. I told myself that all the Shaytan are locked up so this must be how I feel deep inside and I’m only just realizing it. I was convinced that I was a Munafiq of the highest order. All around me people were happy and I was in the gutter. This went on for a while till I read a hadith and that changed me. I was like Rocky after his wife told him to go fight I was jumping for joy!

I promise you I know exactly what you are going through and Inshallah I will help you the best I can.
imsad

Thank you for sharing bro...i know exactly how this feels...that devil:mad: together with faulty thinking makes a right mess....imsad

i had some really vile thoughts near the kabah once...i thought i'll be puinished there and then with something from the sky....and that no one has ever had such an evil thought....it was soooo horrible. i had to run out of the haram...i was so frightened of going back...but there is nothing one can do except pray to Allah swt to help you...and Alhumdulilah...Alhumdulilah:statisfie He does.

Your advise is so endearing...May Allah purify and accept your intentions.
And grant ease to all in this situation. Ameen.

Abu Sukkar
05-15-2009, 12:29 PM
We need to remember better people then us have had these issues and have come out on top and if we follow thier example we will also Inshallah

The first hadith is the one that changed my life.

The Sahaabahs also faced whispher of shaitaan:

1)Abu Hurayrah (ra) said: 'Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (pbuh) came to the Prophet (pbuh) and said to him,'We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.' He said, 'Are you really suffering from that?' They said, 'Yes.' He said, 'That is a clear sign of faith.' (Muslim Book 1, No 239).

2)INarrated Abu Hurayrah, that the Prophet (pbuh) said, 'The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, 'Who created such and such? Who created such and such?' until he says, 'Who created your Lord?!' If that happens to any of you, let him seek refuge with Allaah and put a stop to these thoughts.'
(Bukhari Vol 4, Book 54, No 496; Muslim Book 1, No 244 & 245)

3)It was narrated from Ibn Abbaas(ra) that a man came to the Prophet (pbuh) and said,'I think thoughts to myself, which I would rather be burnt to a cinder than speak of them.' The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, 'Praise be to Allaah, Who has reduced all his [the Shaytaan's] plots to mere whispers.'
(Abu Dawood,Book 41, No 5093).

AnonymousPoster
05-15-2009, 02:47 PM

JazakALLAH Khair brother.i really do appreciate what you are doing for me.May ALLAH Subhana Wa Ta'ala reward you immensely

I know exctly what you are talking about

1) Are you doing your zikr in the morning and night

I always go through my routine before sleeping.I almost always read Surah Mulk before sleeping and i must always have Surah Baqara on while im sleeping. plan on going to college for Deen so i do spend most of my time learning or dealing with something about the Deen.I do do alot of Dikr.im very conscious about what i do and i usually worry if i disobeyed ALLAH and usually repent immediately after.which at times is very frustrating because as humans we sin alot,and i being so conscious of it i pick up almost everything i do wrong and repent immediately after.so you can imagine how many times i usually repent in a day.then again,sometimes im repenting isnt pure.i know i have to do it,so sometimes im doing it so i wont get punished,so sometimes im not into it so much.

2) How much do you know about Tahara and Salah?

I think i know enough about it.but theres always more to know

well with the doubts.ive been through it all,i believe....

i use to have the worst thoughts about ALLAH Subhana Wa Ta'ala.i didnt want to tell anyone.i thought if i ever said what i was actually thinking i would die on the spot and burn in hell for it.it was horrible.i cant even explain it.But Alhamdulilah my Moms friend who ware a niqaab and is very relgious had also gone through it so Alhamdulilah i did my best to avoid it and its not a problem any more

btw that Hadith is great Alhamdulilah

and yes i can buy the book.

also for now,can i be completely silent during Salah??

Abu Sukkar
05-15-2009, 03:03 PM
also for now,can i be completely silent during Salah??

You can be completely silent it will not affect your salah at all.

(i just phoned 2 sheiks to clarify for you)

Please buy the book and let me know if you have any questions on it.

Do you have anyone of knowledge that can go through the book with you?

AnonymousPoster
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM

yes my teacher is a scholar

shukran

Abu Sukkar
05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Alhumdolilah.

One of the Sheiks asked to me to remind you that you are receiving reward and losing sin while this affliction is upon you.

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 12:40 PM
We are going to need to break down the issues and work through them 1 by 1 if you so wish

Issues

1) Tahara
2) Wudu (time spent)
3) Salah
4) Thoughts

Pm me if you do as this is might get personal.

We can discuss general issues here also if you so wish.

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Id just like to point out that

1) i am nobody of knowledge
2) this is not something i specialize in

I only a little bit of knowledge about this as it affects someone very close to me and they are afflicted with this problem every day.

AnonymousPoster
05-16-2009, 07:06 PM

JazakALLAH Khair for all the help.i would like to know how to get better in the mean time.i can i just focus in Salah.the friend of yours who went through this,did he/she get bettter soon? did they suffer alot?

what did the shiek say about me be completely silent iin salah? is it allowed

Yanal
05-16-2009, 10:50 PM
May Allah ease your pain. My fathers friend stammers also and he has no problems with prayer,if you have any questions on his experience you can ask me and I will ask him to give me the answers. InshAllah we can work something out.

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 11:01 PM

JazakALLAH Khair for all the help.i would like to know how to get better in the mean time.i can i just focus in Salah.the friend of yours who went through this,did he/she get bettter soon? did they suffer alot?

what did the shiek say about me be completely silent iin salah? is it allowed

The 2 people i am working with are at a much more advanced stage then you from what i can see.
There issues are very serious but Alhumodlilah we are seeing improvement.

Like i said in my earlier post sister i spoke to 2 sheiks and they both said that you can be completely silent in the salah. Its perfectly fine to do so.
May Allah make it easy on you.

Yanal
05-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Brother do you mean you work with or you are a caretaker of those people? Just confused:).

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Brother do you mean you work with or you are a caretaker of those people? Just confused:).
My profession is that i work in Mental health.

The 2 people that i am talking about 1 is very close to me and the other is a brother who i know.

Abu Sukkar
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Saalam Alykum

This is a little something i am putting together for people that i come across who suffer from waswaas.

It a list of rulings that apply.

Inshallah if anyone can benifit from this then please do so.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?nu2wnz4zwdw

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!