/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The best chapati in the world!!!!!!!!!

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Calling on all the chapati lovers like myself, today i have tried for the first time to make chapatis and i think i succeeded

I felt so proud i had to take some pics

The beginning :

The middle:

The end:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
05-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Some sort of a tortilla?

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
nah man! its chapati!

Whatsthepoint
05-13-2009, 08:21 PM
It looks like a failed pancake but what is it really and what do you put in it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 08:28 PM
'failed' excuse me? maybe i should wrap it in cling film and send it through the post! and oh ! i forgot the filling would be liquidized rat poison :raging: talking about 'failed' get outta here!

Whatsthepoint
05-13-2009, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
'failed' excuse me? maybe i should wrap it in cling film and send it through the post! and oh ! i forgot the filling would be liquidized rat poison :raging: talking about 'failed' get outta here!
the enxt time I come to Britain I promise to come over and try one of your chapatis:D

Sahabiyaat
05-13-2009, 09:23 PM
garfield dont no what chpatis are! ptshhh...u must live on an island mannnn

cool Junior :D....just need to work on getting it circular now lol.

aadil77
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
looks like a fried egg:D , I think I should come over there and give u a few tips

Sahabiyaat
05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
I can see the flour packet....usually used for baking and pastries. lol

You need chpatti flour!

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 09:29 PM
you guys are bad....and getting the shape correct is so hard how do you make it circular??

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

You need chpatti flour!
i guess u mean ATTA flour i cant get it :(

Mysterious Uk
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
phHAHAHAa .. i mean..

wow, them chapatis look really good for a first try.

2 make it circular just roll it all up into a ball
- flatten it a bit with ur hand then u got the circuler shape
- roll it with a pin to make it even flatter and hey presto a circle.

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 09:46 PM
cheers!......the dough was kinda sticky and i tried my best to make it circular but then i thought whats the point its gonna go into my belly all mashed up anyway?

Mysterious Uk
05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeh true, but next time u make it, it can look as good as it tastes.

doorster
05-13-2009, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Some sort of a tortilla?
The tortilla is a flatbread made from corn or wheat (so is chapaati)
How to Make Chapatis (Indian flatbread)

Snowflake
05-13-2009, 09:55 PM
wow thats great for a first attempt! Did it stay soft or dry out?

P.S you got the same oil, glass bowl rolling pin and tea towel as me lol! For a moment I thought it was my kitchen.

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
wow thats great for a first attempt! Did it stay soft or dry out?

P.S you got the same oil, glass bowl rolling pin and tea towel as me lol! For a moment I thought it was my kitchen.
to prevent it to dry out i just used my knowledge of physics i put the hot chapatis in a container and it steamed up making each chapati soft

and the kitchen items,maybe all women shop at the same place? i think my mum shops at wilkinsons? im not sure

The Ruler
05-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm not particularly a cooking expert... But I don't think a table spoon to flip the chapatis is a good idea. =_= And do I see oil? Did you fry it?

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 10:34 PM
no,sister i used the oil for the mixture because i didnt have ghee and i used a spoon because there was no spatula

Yanal
05-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Nice one,At least you can cook I sadly cant even do that.....

The Ruler
05-13-2009, 10:37 PM
no,sister i used the oil for the mixture because i didnt have ghee and i used a spoon because there was no spatula
They're both fatty. The healthiest way is to have white and brown flour mixed. And make it the way my mum makes it: without any oil, ghee whatever. Simple flour + water + a pinch of salt (I think)... And it doesn't taste bad either.

As for the spoon/spatula, you could always just use your hand. -_-

Yanal
05-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Ewww you know there are bacterial germs in your hands,and you want to eat them?

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 10:42 PM
^ use my hand? im not a caveman my hands cant tolerate the heat,inshallah i will add white and brown flour in the future,today i had the pastry flour

my mum uses her hands and mixes both flours i guess all mothers are the same :)

The Ruler
05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Ewww you know there are bacterial germs in your hands,and you want to eat them?
You'll need to knead with your hands.

^ use my hand? im not a caveman my hands cant tolerate the heat,
Ah, the sensitive skin of a man... I see. v_v

Did the chapatti blow up like a balloon? That's probably the only amusing/fun part of it all.

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 10:51 PM
yeah it blew up but the most fun part was kneading it.....it was something like sonny liston vs ali

S_87
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
sorry thats a fail, its not round

Cabdullahi
05-13-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
sorry thats a fail, its not round
outright harshness but i know why you said that!
you saw the pics and actually said to yourself i can't make this :enough!: what am i going to cook for my husband,my future family :cry: so you did what all envious ppl do 'its not good'

im kidding inshallah i will make it circular and i wont add oil and i will use my hand? instead of a spoon

nebula
05-13-2009, 11:30 PM
lol nice first attempt akhi :D, i say leave the chapati making to the sisters they are the real pro's lol

S_87
05-13-2009, 11:30 PM
outright harshness but i know why you said that!
you saw the pics and actually said to yourself i can't make this :enough!: what am i going to cook for my husband,my future family :cry: so you did what all envious ppl do 'its not good'

im kidding inshallah i will make it circular and i wont add oil and i will use my hand? instead of a spoon
oil gives it smoothness especially for kneading. and do you put in boiling water? because a spoon is needed for the beginning unless you manage not to burn your hands?
otherwise when its on the pan then i personally use one of them flat spoons with holes in so when pressing it puffs up fully

and btw i can totally make it your shapes, it took me a good 3+ years to get them near circle-ish and still not perfect :hiding:

north_malaysian
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
i love chapatis... it's only 60 cent per piece here... it's very famous in Malaysia...

Intisar
05-14-2009, 02:11 AM
:sl: Hey you should try the Somali/Sijui way, it's much bigger and tastes a little more like sabayad. :)

Sahabiyaat
05-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Alhm, it took me ages to learn, but with the amazing patience and guidance of my mom (and the dreaded thought of the look on my husbands face when i tell him i cant cook like his mother) motivated me and now my chpattis are a perfecr circle :D

Tilmeez
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
My first and only attempt a couple of weeks back
...after marriage...:X

HopeFul
05-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Hahaha what shape is it!!!maybe you could invent your own shapes :p

good work though, I have been cooking for many years now and still cant do the chappati, just the fat type bread made in oven.. do you put yeast int he dough? how is the dough made and is the chapatti made very thin?

saba muslimah
05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Good ... Chapati hhmmm Dear j-u-n-i-o-r U Can say Paratha coz u used oil for making...!!:thumbs_up not bad ..! Keep it up.:)

well I enjoyed piks... Sumthing is better thn Nothing.. Yo Brother:D

Re.TiReD
05-14-2009, 12:32 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Daym, I was expecting a real nice roti man, you dissapoint me Junior =P at least you know where the kitchen is though, alhamdulillah.

Tip: Dont aim to make the roti round, try making it square. I dont know why ppl like round ones, its gonna get mashed when you eat it anyway so make life easier and do em square...its much more easier, trust me. There will come a day when round roti's will be unheard of...Insha'Allah :statisfie

My mum would kill me if she was reading this :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
AssalamuAlaykum

Daym, I was expecting a real nice roti man, you dissapoint me Junior =P at least you know where the kitchen is though, alhamdulillah.

Tip: Dont aim to make the roti round, try making it square. I dont know why ppl like round ones, its gonna get mashed when you eat it anyway so make life easier and do em square...its much more easier, trust me. There will come a day when round roti's will be unheard of...Insha'Allah :statisfie

My mum would kill me if she was reading this :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum
ha ha very funny,alot of people are disappointed but iam a happy person :) im going to make it more often infact im gonna make it today,and i think making the square is much easier

i guess i set the expectation to HIGH with the thread title maybe if i named the thread the worst chapati ever,i might have had more pleasing remarks

north_malaysian
05-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Tip: Dont aim to make the roti round, try making it square. I dont know why ppl like round ones,
in malaysia our Chapatis (called as "Roti Capati" here) are round... because the square one is reserved for "Roti Murtabak" (with minced curried beef or chicken or mutton inside with diced potatoes)

Re.TiReD
05-14-2009, 12:41 PM
ha ha very funny,alot of people are disappointed but iam a happy person :) im going to make it more often infact im gonna make it today,and i think making the square is much easier
Seriously try it the square way (I dont make square ones btw =P), square looks better than round btw for some reason, and its easier because when you're rolling the dough...you can fold the sides in slighty....all the way round....and do it like that, then you dont have to worry about getting the perfect ball shape for the round ones...hmm dunno if that makes sense actually...but for real, square roti's rule =D

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
in malaysia our Chapatis (called as "Roti Capati" here) are round... because the square one is reserved for "Roti Murtabak" (with minced curried beef or chicken or mutton inside with diced potatoes)

thats sounds like a chapati

Re.TiReD
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Yah, the square ones are usually reserved for the the keema or aalu (mince n potato) or 'whatever else you want to fill it with' ones but c'mon, we all want life to be easier right? =P

And on a side-note, I'm proud of you lil bro, insha'Allah one day you'll master the art of making perfect, fluffy roti's =P

north_malaysian
05-14-2009, 12:51 PM
[/B]
thats sounds like a chapati

Roti Murtabak

north_malaysian
05-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Yah, the square ones are usually reserved for the the keema or aalu (mince n potato)
Allah! Allah! Allah! I love Aalu Gobhi Masala!!!!!:D

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 01:00 PM

Roti Murtabak

that's cool,...i remember near idaman in Kuala lampur these guys were cooking these things delicious!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-14-2009, 02:24 PM
:sl:

Masha'Allaah, getting ready for marriage I see. Keep it up bro :D Everything looks fine to me except the shape, but then again..why settle for ordinary? :D

keema or aalu (mince n potato)
Aalu paratha or keema paratha..I can eat that day in and day out and not get bored of it.

Yanal
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Me too^ with yogurt.

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

Masha'Allaah, getting ready for marriage I see. Keep it up bro :D Everything looks fine to me except the shape, but then again..why settle for ordinary? :D

Aalu paratha or keema paratha..I can eat that day in and day out and not get bored of it.
dude im PREPARED!, im going on holiday soon on my own and not with my beloved mum :(

Re.TiReD
05-14-2009, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

AssalamuAlaykum

lol...Masha'Allah. The two most common/popular fillings I guess. Thats what I mostly ate in the States btw =P

Hey Abdullahi, the day you can make roti's like this, you can consider yourself fully house-trained =P

S_87
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM

Roti Murtabak
ooooh we call this freid parathas- and we make it with mince chicken. and cut in half and add lemon juice, mighty nice!

and then theres the round parathas dont like rotis except with filling. Very ncie too! pakistanis make the best aalu parathas

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 02:41 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

lol...Masha'Allah. The two most common/popular fillings I guess. Thats what I mostly ate in the States btw =P

Hey Abdullahi, the day you can make roti's like this, you can consider yourself fully house-trained =P
for shizzle im going to make it again today and im going to perfect IT! inshallah
you just wait just wait!!

Re.TiReD
05-14-2009, 02:53 PM
pakistanis make the best aalu parathas
So when you coming down manu? :p

for shizzle im going to make it again today and im going to perfect IT! inshallah
you just wait just wait!!
Dont forget the pics insha'Allah =P

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
dude im PREPARED!, im going on holiday soon on my own and not with my beloved mum :(
Ahh those are tough! Better get to making some side dish to eat with the roti man..or else you'll be eating only dry bread :D

S_87
05-14-2009, 03:05 PM
So when you coming down manu? :p

P
youd really make it for me?:bump1:
because if so im totally gonna expect it next time :raging:

Re.TiReD
05-14-2009, 03:08 PM
youd really make it for me?:bump1:
because if so im totally gonna expect it next time :raging:
Hey...Another event in the planning insha'Allah, if you come down...you never know :p

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I had a crack again today!

chacha_jalebi
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
ooooo gettin better ^^

so when do i come round for a candle lit dinner bro :p

:D

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
for those who taunted me by saying i was a wimp for not using my hand to flip the chapati there is the proof of my doing so

and i give up on making it circular.....all my chapatis will be shaped in the shape of the continent africa

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
ooooo gettin better ^^

so when do i come round for a candle lit dinner bro :p

Your welcome brother,having candles lit though sounds like an iffy atmosphere

no candles just...chapatis and keema ...... watching footie or cricket

ragdollcat1982
05-14-2009, 09:37 PM
I do not know what exactly this is , but not everything we cook comes out perfect. I have had more than my shares of those in the kitchen.

Yanal
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Nice one,mail me one will you ?

Your outlining needs a bit of work though :D.

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 10:30 PM
cheers mate!......i'll send you some with daal :)

S_87
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM

lol when i first started i too made all sorts of 'island' shape which was my excuse for the horrible ways they came out. And if theres any left handed people out there, did any of you have problems doing this and other kitchen stuff 'the wrong way'?

Hafsah, where and when and i so want my paratha!

Yanal
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Mmmmmm I can almost taste it... This should be for suhoor.

Banu_Hashim
05-14-2009, 10:40 PM
you guys are bad....and getting the shape correct is so hard how do you make it circular??
Lol. It's a skill. You either have it. Or you don't.

I know I don't.

S_87
05-14-2009, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Lol. It's a skill. You either have it. Or you don't.

I know I don't.
actually it is possible. i thought id never be able to do it, but after 3 years i kind of figured out how to turn it so it comes out somewhat circular (when ive watched other people make, theirs turns automatically as they roll:enough!:)

the trick is to not press so hard when you are rolling, roll somewhat gently, and dont put too much pressure on one side or it will stretch that side and funny shapes come out. and dont let it get sticky because then it will stretch.

inshaAllah next time i make (which wont be for a couple of weeks i think :?) and i remember ill take pic by pic demo on how it comes round. IF i remember, and this thread it still around

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 10:58 PM
thanks sister^

Yanal
05-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I wonder how our mothers/wives make rotis so spherical (obviously not perfect but close) it is really hard,we (us brothers) probably need a ruler and math skills with a lot of patience to escape the Africa shape.

Brother_Mujahid
05-14-2009, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

You need chpatti flour!
im suprised it was even picked out the brother had the wrong stuff. good detective work, keep it up.

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 11:03 PM
^ hahaha escape the africa shape lololol nice one! i guess we need architectural skills

Cabdullahi
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brother_mujahid
im suprised it was even picked out the brother had the wrong stuff. Good detective work, keep it up.
i havent got elephant atta!

Yanal
05-14-2009, 11:06 PM
You could order some from zAk... Yeah and we are suppose to be the smart ones.(or are they....:X)

Snowflake
05-15-2009, 02:17 PM
to prevent it to dry out i just used my knowledge of physics i put the hot chapatis in a container and it steamed up making each chapati soft

and the kitchen items,maybe all women shop at the same place? i think my mum shops at wilkinsons? im not sure
Not a bad idea but if they get too steamy they get stodgy. Wrapping them in a clean tea-towel also keeps them soft and hot and if you want to keep them hot for laters, wrap foil around the tea t-towel.

Are you ready for the next step? :D

Boil some potatoes and mash them. Add a good dose of lemon juice, fresh coriander, thinly sliced onions (not too many) salt and red chilli powder. Dry crushed coriander also gives the mix a nice flavour as do finely chopped green chillies.

Now roll out two chappaties. Put melted butter or marg on them and put mixture on one of them. Place the other chapatti on and press edges hard with fingers or rolling pin and roll out. Make sure you sprinkle dry flour on to stop chapatti sticking to rolling pin. Now pick up the whole thing and do the flip-flap thing with your hands. If you can't do this, no problem.

Place in pan and when u see the colour change. It means the underside is cooked. Turn it over and butter/marg/oil the cooked side. When bottom side is cooked, flip and do the same. Now top side will be facing down and frying. Flip once more and fry the side you last buttered.

And you have just made your very first aloo paratha! :D:p

muslimah4life
05-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Lol

chacha_jalebi
05-15-2009, 08:22 PM
the key to makin rotis, is to flatten them to the max, and then you can easily make them round :D and jus smack it on a pan, the worst is turnin it, i use a knife:D but the professionals jus turn it bare handed :muddlehea

Yanal
05-15-2009, 10:09 PM
That means my mothers a pro? Booya! Its hard to turn it with a burning pan.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-15-2009, 10:27 PM

Don't worry brother, you did well, almost there! :D

A well-made Chapati is a perfect circle (well almost!), balloons out when nearly done and therefore has two layers, is soft and very pliable and does not have any burnt spots on it (in case you were wondering!). If that sounds impossible to achieve, let me assure you, it isn't. :D

Cabdullahi
05-15-2009, 10:36 PM
excuse me what burnt spots? my chapati is the best chapati ok! now where in the world have you seen a roti shaped in the shape of africa?

Answer is nowhere,so my chapati is the best

:(.........Im kidding its pretty bad even my sisters at home wer laughing at me but i dont give up easily i will soon post my cookings of restaurant like food!

FatimaAsSideqah
05-15-2009, 10:55 PM
I mean burnt spots is that if anyone put overcooked the chapatis then it would give a dark burn spots on it. Of course, your chapatis are look good but its just first time! :D Just ignore your sisters because you did proud of yourself for even tried to does that! Its your challenge.

Re.TiReD
05-16-2009, 07:46 PM

LOL awesome! Pic number 4 is good..dunno what happened after that =P :skeleton:

You given up...or still at it?

Ansariyah
05-16-2009, 09:38 PM
lol nice one, how did it taste?

north_malaysian
05-17-2009, 05:07 AM
but the professionals jus turn it bare handed :muddlehea
yeah... the Indian Muslim lady who makes those chapatis in my favourite restaurant in Kulim does the same too..... so does the Pakistani lady in Gelugor market...

I love naan roti too... I love dosai...I love prata... oh God... Malaysia should be declared a roti loving country as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh too...:exhausted

Snowflake
05-17-2009, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah
I mean burnt spots is that if anyone put overcooked the chapatis then it would give a dark burn spots on it. Of course, your chapatis are look good but its just first time! :D Just ignore your sisters because you did proud of yourself for even tried to does that! Its your challenge.

To be honest, I like the little burnt spots on a chappati. It gives it a nice flavour. :D

And bro Abdullahi, why are you using white flour for chapattis? That stuff just clogs up your insides. Try wholemeal (medium or brown) instead.

Re.TiReD
05-17-2009, 12:29 PM

I love dosai..:exhausted
Masala Dosa? LoL

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Im on holiday and i wont be doing chapatis for a while....all i have to do is take the lift to go outside to meet those afghani dudes who make big chapatis

aadil77
05-17-2009, 12:46 PM
lol how the hell to do you expect to make a proper roti in a frying pan whilst holding a camera? :hiding:

aadil77
05-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Im on holiday and i wont be doing chapatis for a while....all i have to do is take the lift to go outside to meet those afghani dudes who make big chapatis
Yh those are huge, but make sure you eat em quick or they turn into cardboard

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
lol how the hell to do you expect to make a proper roti in a frying pan whilst holding a camera? :hiding:
aye! i was proving to the ladies that we could multitask just like them...if they can talk to their best friend on the phone whilst they make chapatis,i can take pics and roll out the chapati as well as placing it on the heat BOOYA!

glo
05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Your chapatis look fabulous to me, Junior!

Now, what dishes and sauces are you making to go with them? :D

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Well aunty glo the dish i usually have with my chapati is heinz beans with grated cheese.....its my favourite

glo
05-17-2009, 01:16 PM
:haha::clever::bravo:

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 01:18 PM
not exactly gourmet food im sorry :( :(

Whatsthepoint
05-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Still chapatis?

aadil77
05-17-2009, 01:29 PM
aye! i was proving to the ladies that we could multitask just like them...if they can talk to their best friend on the phone whilst they make chapatis,i can take pics and roll out the chapati as well as placing it on the heat BOOYA!
probably cause they use hands free or if desperate they stick the phone between their face and shoulder lol :hiding:

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Still chapatis?
What are you doing here !! pork chops and red wine are at aisle 4

Whatsthepoint
05-17-2009, 01:32 PM
What are you doing here !! pork chops and red wine are at aisle 4
ahaha
Well chapatis may nto be as healthy as the aforementioned but the thread amuses me.

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 01:35 PM
what amuses you?

Whatsthepoint
05-17-2009, 01:36 PM
what amuses you?
everything, like that you can't make it round, the beans etc.:D

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 01:42 PM
everything, like that you can't make it round, the beans etc.:D
do you find it funny? thanks man:-[

~Raynn~
05-17-2009, 01:45 PM
These aren't baaad, lol...when I try rolling chapatis, they come out as a series of scalene triangles...

^^ Lol, this one looks a little like Australia to me...pretty soon, you'll be able to put together a world map :statisfie

the worst is turnin it, i use a knife:D but the professionals jus turn it bare handed :muddlehea
Haha, yup, that's definitely the hardest part...I just keep pushing at the chapati until it slides over the edge of the pan (holding my breath all the way through, in case my hand somehow makes contact with the pan), then lift it and flip it over...I think I've done this a whole 2 times, and I haven't been burnt yet! :D

Hmmmm, chapati with baked beans...I so have to try that...

Whatsthepoint
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
It looks like virtually everyone's tried making a chapati!

~Raynn~
05-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Lol, you should too...it's an art...

Cabdullahi
05-17-2009, 01:58 PM
we have africa and australia.....inshallah il produce more continents

Sahabiyaat
05-17-2009, 02:00 PM
and then one day you shall produce the globe....indeed it shall be a triumphant day.....we await it eagerly!

Faith.
05-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Nice chappatti's for a first timer..

I cheated whilst making my first one...I cut out a circle with a knife
and fooled everybody.:X

I still don't understand how mother's chapatti's turn out perfect. Its a gift.:thumbs_up
:w:

Whatsthepoint
05-17-2009, 02:12 PM
I can't wait you do Europe mashalla!:D

glo
05-17-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Amaarah
Nice chappatti's for a first timer..

I cheated whilst making my first one...I cut out a circle with a knife
and fooled everybody.:X

I still don't understand how mother's chapatti's turn out perfect. Its a gift.:thumbs_up
If you make a dough ball by rolling the dough between the palms of your hands, then flatten it on a floured surface and roll with a floured rolling pin it makes a round chapati quite easily ...

Faith.
05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Tried and tested^.
Mine somewhat just don't go the way I want it to
Practice makes perfect....Im getting there slowly

Yanal
05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Your personal message should be called "LIs best chapti maker".

north_malaysian
05-18-2009, 01:18 AM
try southeast asia... with every single island...:D

crayon
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
What a weird coincidence. I'd never known what this kind of bread was called, we hardly ever have it, only occasionally when we go to Indian restaurants. Today, for no particular reason, my mom felt like making some and they were sooo good, they're so delicious when they're still hot and fresh!

Oh, and they were perfectly round, haha, no continents. :p

Ummu Sufyaan
05-19-2009, 07:18 AM
whats the difference between chapatti and roti...and whats the name of that bread the Pakistanis make that's is more yogurt based...

Snowflake
05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
^chapatti is english for roti (urdu/punjabi)

I think the yogurt based ones are called naans :?

But I thought naans had milk in them? I make pooray (with chickpeas curry) which are yogurt based but that's a hindi recipe. Hehe I don't really know what's what myself.

Musaafirah
05-19-2009, 09:43 AM

i guess i set the expectation to HIGH with the thread title maybe if i named the thread the worst chapati ever,i might have had more pleasing remarks
At least your first attempt didn't end up looking like a country.
If you want to make it circular, once you've made your ball shape with the dough, make sure you have nuff flour sprinkled on the counter and on the top of the dough and as your moving the rolling pin move your hands in a circular motion, then you end up with a circle.
And bro, you put ghee for parathas and stuff not rotis!

north_malaysian
05-19-2009, 12:48 PM
in Malaysian language the word "roti" is applicable to breads, croissants, baguettes, buns, chapattis, naans, dosais, pratas...

ardianto
05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Calling on all the chapati lovers like myself, today i have tried for the first time to make chapatis and i think i succeeded

I felt so proud i had to take some pics

The beginning :

The middle:

The end:

Hmmm, I must try this 'Kue Dadar'.

Afifa
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice first attempt...atleast it was edible :p
making it round just takes practise...dont worry im sure you'l get it round sooner or later. :)

Cabdullahi
05-19-2009, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by :: Afifa ::
Nice first attempt...atleast it was edible :p
making it round just takes practise...dont worry im sure you'l get it round sooner or later. :)
making it round? nah i gave up it totally....i think i'll just wait for my future wife

Intisar
05-19-2009, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
whats the difference between chapatti and roti...and whats the name of that bread the Pakistanis make that's is more yogurt based...
:w: You know what's so funny, roti is bread in Somali. :p

Cabdullahi
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
Im from somaliland we say rodi with a d sound

for example instead of:
ila soo xirir

we say

ila soo xidid

ardianto
05-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Not only in Somali, roti is bread in Indonesia and Malaysia.:D

Ummu Sufyaan
05-20-2009, 07:03 AM
that's really strange cos it doesn't sound very English :p

But I thought naans had milk in them? I make pooray (with chickpeas curry) which are yogurt based but that's a hindi recipe.
im not sure, they might have...i just remember watching a show last that had Pakistani cuisine and that's one of the things they featured :D

north_malaysian
05-20-2009, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
there is an island called "Roti" in Indonesia right?

ardianto
05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
there is an island called "Roti" in Indonesia right?
Right. "Roti" or "Rote" is a little island near western Timor.
Do you know "Lombok" island ?. In Javanese language "Lombok" means big chili pepper (cabai besar).

Intisar
05-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Really? That's so cool! You learn something new everyday mashaAllaah.

Im from somaliland we say rodi with a d sound

for example instead of:
ila soo xirir

we say

ila soo xidid
So does that mean you say kimis instead of sabayad? I'm half sijui and chappati is kibis for us. So I guess kimis would be chappati too.

ardianto
05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
My ancestor never ate roti or other foods that made from wheat flour.
I think roti was introduced to Indonesian by Gujarati overseas trader. They were people who brought Islam to Nusantara (ancient Indonesia).

transition?
05-20-2009, 04:18 PM

But I thought naans had milk in them? I make pooray (with chickpeas curry) which are yogurt based but that's a hindi recipe. Hehe I don't really know what's what myself.
Rotis seem to be a name for many breads.
Where I'm from in India, we have specific rotis made with a different flour and without any oil. You don't use a baylun/rolling pin to roll it. you smoosh and pat it into a flat circle lol.
Chapattis are a very specific kind of bread. The one and only chapatti lol.

transition?
05-20-2009, 04:19 PM
One time I was looking through this Ethiopian cookbook and I saw chapattis and palees (super flat beans)

I swear it looked exactly like what Indians eat and make!

ardianto
05-20-2009, 04:22 PM
How to eat chapatti ?
With sauce ? or add chesse/meat/vegetable as topping like pizza ?

transition?
05-20-2009, 04:26 PM
How to eat chapatti ?
the same way you eat naan :)

usually with fried, cooked vegetables

transition?
05-20-2009, 04:29 PM

you rip it into smaller pieces, but big enough to make little scoopers out of. and then you just pick it the saucy veggies or meat with it

ardianto
05-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Jazak Allahu khairan, sister Transition. :)

north_malaysian
05-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Right. "Roti" or "Rote" is a little island near western Timor.
Do you know "Lombok" island ?. In Javanese language "Lombok" means big chili pepper (cabai besar).
LOL... in Malaysia there is one island called "Pulau Babi Besar" (Big Pig Island)

north_malaysian
05-21-2009, 01:51 AM
How to eat chapatti ?
in Malaysia, it's eaten with curry...

north_malaysian
05-21-2009, 01:53 AM
My ancestor never ate roti or other foods that made from wheat flour.
I think roti was introduced to Indonesian by Gujarati overseas trader. They were people who brought Islam to Nusantara (ancient Indonesia).
Malaysians cant live without roti.... LOL.. it's Indian food but is considered as Malaysian food too... we've been eating it for centuries...

Cabdullahi
05-21-2009, 08:04 AM

So does that mean you say kimis instead of sabayad? I'm half sijui and chappati is kibis for us. So I guess kimis would be chappati too.
Yeah i say kimis and instead of anjeelo i say laxoox but it doesnt matter to me sometimes i use anjeelo and sabayad....half sijui? ...i just asked my uncle and he said the sijui people are from kenya they are somalis who were brought up there...

sijui = i dont know,

according to my uncle

so you must be mixed up, in somaliland we say 'iskudhexkaris'

ardianto
05-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Malaysians cant live without roti.... LOL.. it's Indian food but is considered as Malaysian food too... we've been eating it for centuries...
Is Gujarati not Indian ? LOL...Gujarat is a part of India. :D
They came to Nusantara hundreds years ago.
Before Gujarati and then European came to Nusantara, we never ate some food that made from wheat. We had/have no wheat fields.
Roti (bread) is a at third food for Indonesian. Main food is rice and second food is noodle. Of course my ancestor never ate noodle before Chinneses came to my place.

Zico
05-24-2009, 07:40 AM
:p
How to Make Chapati
:p

Similar to the common pita, the Indian chapati is a bread made of whole wheat flour. It is usually served with a curry, but it is very versatile and can be used just like regular toast or as a side to many dishes.

Ingredients

* 2 cups of atta (wheat flour)
* 2 tablespoons of ghee or softened butter
* 1 cup of water

Steps

1# Put the wheat flour and ghee into a bowl, and mix until crumbly.
2# Add ½ a cup of the water to the flour mixture, and stir so it combines into a soft dough.
3# Add the remaining water slowly, stirring until it's fully combined.
4# Knead the dough for 3 to 5 minutes.
5# Place the dough into an oiled bowl, and cover. Leave covered for 40 minutes.
6#Divide the dough into 10 or 12 small balls, and dip them into flour.
7# Roll the dough with a rolling pin until the balls resemble thin, round pancakes.
8# Heat a heavy based frying pan, and cook the chapati until blisters appear on the bread's surface. Turn over, and cook on the other side.
9# Remove the chapati from the heat, and wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve.

Tips

* This recipe makes 10-12 chapatis.
* You can use 1 cup of wholemeal and 1 cup of plain flour if you can't find chapati flour.
* You can use margarine instead of ghee, if you prefer.
* You need to cover the dough when it is resting.
* The chapati is supposed to puff up when it's on the pan.

Source

north_malaysian
05-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Is Gujarati not Indian ? LOL...Gujarat is a part of India. :D
They came to Nusantara hundreds years ago.
Before Gujarati and then European came to Nusantara, we never ate some food that made from wheat. We had/have no wheat fields.
Roti (bread) is a at third food for Indonesian. Main food is rice and second food is noodle. Of course my ancestor never ate noodle before Chinneses came to my place.
The Tamils and Malayalis came to Malaysia first... since 6th century... in the 14th century the Gujeratis, Persians and Bengalis came here from India

During British colonial time... millions came from South Asia to Malaysia like the Tamils, Malayalis, Telugus, Karnatakans, Sinhalese, Sri Lankan Tamils, Gujeratis, Bengalis, Urdus, Hindis, Nepalis, Punjabis, Kashmiris, Pashtuns, Biharis, Zoroastrians, Indian Jews etc.

Many intermarriage happened between Malays and South Asians and the descendants are known as Mamak or Jawi Peranakan... most Muslims in Penang have Indian ancestries... if not all (There is a very high possibility of me having South Asian ancestries too)...

We considered Indian food (especially southern Indian food) as Malaysian food because it's been here for centuries and so popular... the rotis, the curry... it's part of our life.... an increase of the roti price can cause protests by everyone, especially in Penang..:D

We Penangites, must eat roti everyday... we only eat rice once a day... and have no problem to skip rice.... as long as there are rotis and curry..

glo
05-25-2009, 06:32 PM
I couldn't just let this thread die, so I took some pics myself.

Like Abdullahii I am a self-taught chapati maker. Here are some I made earlier:

S_87
05-25-2009, 06:51 PM
^^ looks good :D did you roll it thick? the last pic looks nice and poofy but thick, (which is personal pref but just wondering lol)

~Raynn~
05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
^ Mmmm, I'm just a little hungry now...

My mom was making these (impossibly round) phulkas yesterday - where you let them puff up, and turn them and stuff, over an open flame :skeleton:... I never realized how scary that was, before...

Re.TiReD
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Glo those are awesome :D

crayon
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Can I just say that freshly baked bread is perhaps the most wondrous creation ever? Whichever kind of bread it is, the smell, and the warm taste.. Ahhhh.

Sahabiyaat
05-25-2009, 09:14 PM
:D Wow glow, those are cool.

Junior.....you know that saying 'men are better cooks'.Well, you just killed that saying by letting glow surpass you and your continent shaped chpattis! :D

S_87
05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Can I just say that freshly baked bread is perhaps the most wondrous creation ever? Whichever kind of bread it is, the smell, and the warm taste.. Ahhhh.
for sure. go to supermarkets here in the day time and they have that smell pumped around the store and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

north_malaysian
05-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Yesterday morning, for breakfast I had two pieces of chapattis.. with dhal curry, chicken keema and paneer.... and it cost me only RM 3.00 (about USD 0.86).. tasty!!

glo
05-26-2009, 06:50 AM
^^ looks good :D did you roll it thick? the last pic looks nice and poofy but thick, (which is personal pref but just wondering lol)
I dunno. How thick is thick??

Once the chapatis had 'deflated' again they were about 2 or 3 millimeters thick.

syilla
05-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Hmmm, I must try this 'Kue Dadar'.
hehehe.... kuey dadar in kelantanese is actually pancake. loving language is really fun lol!

This is Malaysia roti canai...

This is Malaysia's capati

and this is singapore's murtabak (its has fillings...yummy too)

glo
05-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Right, the challenge is on to make them thinner next time.
(You'll be able to read the newspaper through them! :D)

Snowflake
05-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Glo, your chapati is fantasticcccc!! *makes such an amazed face for which no smiley exists* Well done girl :D

Syilla sis, the roti canai looks worth fighting over lol :thumbs_up:)

This is my own invention. And if anyone you know ever claims they came up with it, they are just big fat liars! ;D

br. Abdullahi, try this next inshaAllah..

Ingredients (preheat grill (medium) before you begin cooking)

I medium onion (thinly sliced but not paper thin)
2 medium green chillis (finely chopped)
3 grams red chilli powder
5 grams salt
60g gram flour
just below 100ml cold water (about tablespoon less)
1 big dollop of Adam's butter

Mix everything together. Easy isn't it :D

Spread over roti like this.... Sorry pic's are a bit blurry

spread?t1243444618 -

Next.. place under medium grill and keep turning every 30 secs or so. To be honest I forgot to time it lol. Make sure the gram flour is cooked. You can do this be lifting an onion to see if there is any gooey uncooked mixture underneath. Finally add a big dollop of butter on hot roti and enjoy with chilled drink. Could have with yogurt dip too.

The end result should look like this.

missiroti?t1243444795 -

Cabdullahi
06-16-2009, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I couldn't just let this thread die, so I took some pics myself.

Like Abdullahii I am a self-taught chapati maker. Here are some I made earlier:

To be honest im abit angry that my chapati didnt turn out like that,but i cannot complain i simply got beaten by a better competitor ,the machine called 'mother' which is blessed with many attributes....some of these assets are :
good at adapting, good at mind reading and a wrestlers arm

Cabdullahi
09-15-2009, 10:55 PM
i feel really sad when i see this thread because of something stupid i did

Snowflake
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
aw why bro? I was hoping you'd make some next level chappatis to show us. :)

Cabdullahi
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
i'll make some now to take with me inshallah to the mosque fr suhoor

Snowflake
09-15-2009, 11:43 PM
wow mashaAllah! I bet you do your mum proud. :)

Humbler_359
09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
:sl: Abdullahi,

You make me laughing, :awesome:. Your chapati is looking good starting but Glo is the better one I could buy from her. Lol. ;D

Wasalam.

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
im her only son and im thinking of not going to the masjid because she's asleep my initial plan was to wait until she is sleeping then to get the keys and escape, she always goes on bout my safety and going out at this time whilst there are drunkards in town

ive left the dough to one side

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl: Abdullahi,

You make me laughing, :awesome:. Your chapati is looking good starting but Glo is the better one I could buy from her. Lol. ;D

Wasalam.
sister jannah has shared her secret recipe with us so you can try it out yourself...we recieved tips from her also all of us even glo did

Güven
09-16-2009, 12:50 AM
so you are gonna eat chapatis tonight bro?

revert2007
09-16-2009, 12:55 AM
hey that doesnt look like chapati lol
i guess this guy needs a lot of practice to make the shape perfect
i can make good chapati alhamdulilah and naan bread as well.lol

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 01:00 AM

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by revert2007
thanks very much

Güven
09-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Looks good.

What do you put on it? or do you eat it just plain?

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 01:36 AM
^ i have heinz beans with it my dear

Beardo
09-16-2009, 01:47 AM
*slaps*

pancake is failed chapati.

Rasema
09-16-2009, 01:51 AM
No, this is different than tortillas. This looks thicker and with way more oil, I think.It's more greesy too.
Since when do the man cook. What is happening to this world. It looks kind of awkward and even more to see one washing dishes,sorry.

Beardo
09-16-2009, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
No, this is different than tortillas. This looks thicker and with way more oil, I think.It's more greesy too.
Really? The chapati I eat doesn't require any oil. Are you sure you're not confusing it with Paratha?

Rasema
09-16-2009, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Really? The chapati I eat doesn't require any oil. Are you sure you're not confusing it with Paratha?
Well, in my country we call Paratha, ushtipci;D

And I'm not sure If were talking about the same thing. But ushtipci are made as bread but fried in oil, not too much oil, as french fries ...NOOO
And are smaller and thicker.

Beardo
09-16-2009, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Well, in my country we call Paratha, ushtipci;D

And I'm not sure If were talking about the same thing. But ushtipci are made as bread but fried in oil, not too much oil, as french fries ...NOOO
And are smaller and thicker.
Paratha and Chapati are two different things! Chapati is very much like tortilla, I think. Except Chapati is loads better, of course.

Rasema
09-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Paratha and Chapati are two different things! Chapati is very much like tortilla, I think. Except Chapati is loads better, of course.
Ushtipci are better. Especially when they're worm and you put marmulade on them mmmm and they make you fuller

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 02:07 AM
im sorry guys but its all about heinz beans with cathedral cheese and tetrahedral chapatees

Snowflake
09-16-2009, 02:12 AM
im her only son and im thinking of not going to the masjid because she's asleep my initial plan was to wait until she is sleeping then to get the keys and escape, she always goes on bout my safety and going out at this time whilst there are drunkards in town

ive left the dough to one side
MashaAllah. May Allah be pleased with you and your mum. Ameen.

Originally Posted by revert2007
lol are you trying to be the next Gordon Ramsay? You're saying that as if yours turned out perfect from day one :mmokay:

looking good mashaAllah! Don't worry about the shape, that comes with time. As long as they are cooked, be proud and enjoy. And why not try eating them wth spicy scrambled eggs?

Rasema
09-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Sisi, that looks profecional!

Rebel
09-16-2009, 02:26 PM
LOL. Excellent thread :D

i feel really sad when i see this thread because of something stupid i did
What stupid thing?

They're perfect, man :D What do these lot know?

Beardo
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rebel
LOL. Excellent thread :D

What stupid thing?

They're perfect, man :D What do these lot know?
Excuse me. >_>

Rebel
09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Whaaaat <_<?

Beardo
09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rebel
Whaaaat <_<?
...oh. I thought you meant "what do these lot know?" in an offensive way. <_<

Güven
09-16-2009, 02:53 PM
^ well hes right. What do you lot know? you guys know nothing about chapatis.

bro Abdullahii makes the best chapatis in the world.

Rebel
09-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I thought you meant "what do these lot know?" in an offensive way.
What if I did <_<?

You tell 'em, Guven. At least they don't look boring :hmm:

Abu.Shaheed
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Assalamu aleykum akhi! Your chapati does actually look pretty failed and funny to be honest...lol, but that doesent mean that it doesent taste good. Keep it up though, the more you practise the more u learn;)

Hayaa
09-16-2009, 05:00 PM

Kudos for trying, bro! I think most guys would just have a female in their family make it for them. =P

Güven
09-16-2009, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu.Shaheed
Assalamu aleykum akhi! Your chapati does actually look pretty failed and funny to be honest...lol, but that doesent mean that it doesent taste good. Keep it up though, the more you practise the more u learn;)
Failed and funny?

Hes an artist , he made such awesome chapatis.

the round ones are boring. its not like he cant do it , its because he dont want to eat boring food. What a guy ha!

Look at his masterpieces , he gave one the shape of the continent Africa! WOW. :ooh:

can you do that? I bet you cant...

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
^haha....what constitutes a perfect chapati...softness,taste and shape

i achieved softness and taste but finding the ''shape'' was the first thing i acomplished i couldnt make it circular so i chose to model it on africa

Snowflake
09-16-2009, 05:25 PM
^lol

How can anyone say 'failed'. I have never seen anyone, including myself to come out with round chapattis in the learning stage. Some of you people are just horrible lol.

Cabdullahi
09-16-2009, 05:43 PM
is it me or are certain users showing abit more kindness and sympathy than usual

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Failed and funny?

Hes an artist , he made such awesome chapatis.

the round ones are boring. its not like he cant do it , its because he dont want to eat boring food. What a guy ha! Look at his masterpieces , he gave one the shape of the continent Africa! WOW. :ooh:

can you do that? I bet you cant...
^lol

How can anyone say 'failed'. I have never seen anyone, including myself to come out with round chapattis in the learning stage. Some of you people are just horrible lol.
its gotta be ramadan!

Güven
09-16-2009, 05:58 PM
is it me or are certain users showing abit more kindness and sympathy than usual

its gotta be ramadan!

Ahh you are breaking my heart man. Aint I always kind? :statisfie

S_87
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM

sugar in fresh chapatis taste lovely :statisfie:

Snowflake
09-16-2009, 08:27 PM
^break chapatti into tiny pieces, miix in ghee and sugar and blend or squish together really hard then make into little balls. Yummylicious! :D

Beardo
09-16-2009, 08:28 PM
^break chapatti into tiny pieces, miix in ghee and sugar and blend or squish together really hard then make into little balls. Yummylicious! :D
Sounds fattening to me.

Rasema
09-16-2009, 11:40 PM
its gotta be ramadan![/QUOTE]

Allah,sunhana wa ta'ala, is testing us:hiding:

Cabdullahi
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM

sugar in fresh chapatis taste lovely :statisfie:
thats what somali's do.....but sugar is white poison so i add shifa'a honey from the mountains BOOYA!

Snowflake
09-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Sounds fattening to me.
Very fattening. It's probably seen over 25 years since I last had some lol.

Cabdullahi
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM
25 years ago mashallah thats two decades and a half ...were you there when the cold war was happening after the cuban missile crisis

S_87
09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
thats what somali's do.....but sugar is white poison so i add shifa'a honey from the mountains BOOYA!
cool didnt know somalians ate roti. and sugar is sugar...must for everything :O

Cabdullahi
09-18-2009, 04:50 PM
alongside rotia somalis have keema,daal,saag,chawel and ghust

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Ermm...so where's the proof? ^o)

Cabdullahi
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Ermm...so where's the proof? ^o)
allahu 3alem?

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 10:07 PM
You attempting to make a chapati is the proof to support the claim that brothers pioneered chapati?

Cabdullahi
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
You attempting to make a chapati is the proof to support the claim that brothers pioneered chapati?
that's correct! unless you can prove otherwise

im just kiddin..........

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 10:33 PM
that's correct! unless you can prove otherwise

im just kiddin..........
Maybe you ought to check the definition of 'pioneer' again. ;D

Cabdullahi
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe you ought to check the definition of 'pioneer' again. ;D
huh? the word 'pioneer' is fine...... ok i know what this is i might as well say it now

''The sisters pioneered the chapati's and not the brothers''

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 10:44 PM
huh? the word 'pioneer' is fine...... ok i know what this is i might as well say it now

''The sisters pioneered the chapati's and not the brothers''

If you're that obsessed why don't you trun into a sister because that way you can proudly say sisters pioneered the chapati. ;D

By the way, what is that stuff in the pan?

Cabdullahi
01-26-2010, 11:24 PM
If you're that obsessed why don't you trun into a sister because that way you can proudly say sisters pioneered the chapati. ;D

By the way, what is that stuff in the pan?
al7amdulilah allah 5ala9ani rajoulan!

what stuff?

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Nevermind

Your chapatis are pretty good. Well Done. :thumbs_up

Cabdullahi
01-31-2010, 08:47 PM
I finally made it a circle el7amdulilah :)

Bachelors lunch

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
You call that circle?!

Just jokin'... Congrats!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-31-2010, 09:07 PM
^ MashaAllah for the Chappatis. now how does it taste? lol hopin it tastes as good as it looks :| InshaAllaah

cat eyes
01-31-2010, 09:19 PM
mashaAllah delicious food :) i am brilliant at making them u know. :p

Cabdullahi
01-31-2010, 09:28 PM
You bring your proof until then I'm the chapati king in this place!

Italianguy
01-31-2010, 11:34 PM
Chapati's are good, but what about Panipuri's.....:statisfie

Snowflake
02-01-2010, 02:58 AM
25 years ago mashallah thats two decades and a half ...were you there when the cold war was happening after the cuban missile crisis
Rofl.. I don't remember anything about it. Then again, 25 years ago, I had better things to do than watch the news!

I finally made it a circle el7amdulilah :)

Bachelors lunch

Congrats! You're one of the brothers who won't starve when your wife refuses to cook for you. :D

Is that my fish finger recipe btw? :?

syilla
02-01-2010, 05:32 AM
MashaAllah...

Now is what i called...looking tasty as ever.

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Perfectly gol (round) ones. Can you?

I've made rotis twice they weren't bad at all lol :p

Who wants to see pics ;)

Post pics of your rotis as well :D

strivingobserver98
03-09-2016, 12:06 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Send your pics [emoji4].

This isn't my roti but my future one إن شاء الله with wife [emoji108]

03-09-2016, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Send your pics [emoji4].

This isn't my roti but my future one إن شاء الله with wife [emoji108]

I'll search for my thread on ummah, the pics are there

strivingobserver98
03-09-2016, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
I'll search for my thread on ummah, the pics are there
Brother you need one of these ;).

format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
The mother of all appliances, the answer to the woes of all young housewives !!!!!!!
A ROTI MACHINE
Note: can be hidden in a cupboard. no one needs to know about it

03-09-2016, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Brother you need one of these ;).
It would spoil all the fun :D

Kiro
03-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Make a roti dagger

LaSorcia
03-09-2016, 02:25 PM
I never tried to make roti, but I've made great naan bread!

Umm Abed
03-09-2016, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
I never tried to make roti, but I've made great naan bread!
Did you make them in the oven or stovetop?:shade:

Sister101
03-09-2016, 03:12 PM
I have no idea how to make roti. But I've made naan bread before (without yeast) it came out horrible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.