/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents divorce

AnonymousPoster
05-15-2009, 05:15 PM
:sl:

My mum and my dad have been divorced for 9 nine years now. My mum has been single since then and she still tries to make me get them back together again. My father can't make it any more obvious how much he hates my mum without offending me, but my mum is still persistant with getting back. My father has been abusive to my mum but she still wants to get back with him through grandparents etc.

So islamically can you remarry each other after being divorced and single?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Thats really sad......Your mother must still love him. But she needs to understand that he no longer cares for her ...and besides its been too long, although its never too late to do some things, things can only become possible if both people are willing to make it happen. and this doesnt seem the case. So your mother should just accept it.

They can remarry only if your mother remarries and becomes divorced(btw the second marriage cannot be conducted with the intention of immediate or planned divorce) .only then can she be halal for your dad.and it doesnt seem your mother will ever be willing to marry another man.

- Qatada -
05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
Thats really sad......Your mother must still love him. But she needs to understand that he no longer cares for her ...and besides its been too long, although its never too late to do some things, things can only become possible if both people are willing to make it happen. and this doesnt seem the case. So your mother should just accept it.

They can remarry only if your mother remarries and becomes divorced(btw the second marriage cannot be conducted with the intention of immediate or planned divorce) .only then can she be halal for your dad.and it doesnt seem your mother will ever be willing to marry another man.
:wasalamex

Sis, this only occurs if the husband gives three divorces [talaqs.]

If he only gave her one or two, then he can have a new marriage contract with her and she doesn't need to be married to someone else in between. But if he was to divorce her once more after that, this would equal 3 talaqs/divorce calls in total, so then she would have to marry someone else before he can marry her again.

Allah knows best.

Sahabiyaat
05-15-2009, 05:51 PM
i know that, op hasnt made it clear, how many pronouncements have been made.

even if it is one divorce, doesnt seem like the father wants this to happen.

it would be great for u sis if they did gt back together agen..but nine years is a long time apart..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
05-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Ok JazakhAllah

My father did not verbally give divorce to my mum, this is why my mum thinks she can remarry him. He sent a divorce letter to us whilst we were visiting pakistan. But I heard that for a divorce to be valid the talak has to be said 3 times, literally one after another. I didn't know you had to be literally divorced three times after remarrying each other again and again, to then have to marry someone inbetween to get married to each other again.

Basically I wanted to know if its possible for them to remarry without a different marriage inbetween, so I can make the islamic position clear to my mum.

- Qatada -
05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
asalaam alaikum

The divorce procedures abit more complicated and different things are taken into account.

When your dad probably gave a divorce paper, he probably gave one pronouncement of divorce. But you should confirm this.

Here's a good link for more info;
http://www.islamtoday.com/show_sub_s...8&sub_cat_id=0
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

AnonymousPoster
06-07-2009, 03:31 PM
if she wasnt divorced three times then she can still marry him

noorseeker
06-07-2009, 03:51 PM
why do women always do that, its like to keep a woman nowadays you have to treat em bad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.