View Full Version : 'Up to 100 dead' in US-Afghan raid

salafy_masry
05-15-2009, 09:36 PM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/as...330997508.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
05-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Greetings and peace be with you salafy_masry;

It just shows that all war is terror, no matter which side is causing it.

If a hundred civilians have died, should the Afghans be bombing targets in the USA to fight their war against terror?

War never seems to bring justice, it just seems to leave more innocent people suffering loss

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

salafy_masry
05-16-2009, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you salafy_masry;

It just shows that all war is terror, no matter which side is causing it.

If a hundred civilians have died, should the Afghans be bombing targets in the USA to fight their war against terror?

War never seems to bring justice, it just seems to leave more innocent people suffering loss

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric
Greetings back

I don't think if their families including kids are being killed .. they should just sit and watch .. they have to defend them selves from this terror that came to their land and killed their loved ones in there sleep ..

So they need to defend them selves for sure ..

Foxhole
05-16-2009, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by salafy_masry
Greetings back

I don't think if their families including kids are being killed .. they should just sit and watch .. they have to defend them selves from this terror that came to their land and killed their loved ones in there sleep ..

So they need to defend them selves for sure ..
They also need to defend themselves against groups that try to take power non-democratically.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
salafy_masry
05-17-2009, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Foxhole
They also need to defend themselves against groups that try to take power non-democratically.
That is there own matter .. its their country in the first place .. something no one should get involved in but them.

Foxhole
05-17-2009, 03:23 PM
That is there own matter .. its their country in the first place .. something no one should get involved in but them.

And that's the way it was for a long time. The entire world knew that the Taliban were brutally oppressing the people of Afghanistan, but there it stood. Then the Taliban's "guests" used the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan as a base to plan and execute 9/11. Things changed after that.

salafy_masry
05-17-2009, 03:26 PM
And that's the way it was for a long time. The entire world knew that the Taliban were brutally oppressing the people of Afghanistan, but there it stood. Then the Taliban's "guests" used the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan as a base to plan and execute 9/11. Things changed after that.
Neitehr Taliban nor AL Qeada did 911 ...

And show me a Gov that did 1% of that http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3408353.stm

Foxhole
05-17-2009, 03:36 PM

And show me a Gov that did 1% of that http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3408353.stm
Found another one!

Foxhole
05-17-2009, 03:40 PM

And as far as the eradication of the heroin trade is concerned, this was obviously not done based on any principle, since the Taliban now use heroin money themselves.

salafy_masry
05-17-2009, 03:46 PM
And as far as the eradication of the heroin trade is concerned, this was obviously not done based on any principle, since the Taliban now use heroin money themselves.
If they needed that kind of money .. they surely wouldn't do what they did in the link I showed you ..

So its only lies again like the 911 thing ..

Foxhole
05-17-2009, 06:31 PM
If they needed that kind of money .. they surely wouldn't do what they did in the link I showed you ..

So its only lies again like the 911 thing ..
They didn't need the money before because they weren't engaged in full scale battle. They are now, so they raise money by selling drugs.

salafy_masry
05-17-2009, 06:52 PM
They didn't need the money before because they weren't engaged in full scale battle. They are now, so they raise money by selling drugs.
I am sure that could be the case for the american gov. Since they reached Afghanistan the plantation have grown and they had the upper hand and didn't think about stooping it at all.

On the opposite, when Taliban took over, they stopped it totally as in the report.

Taliban doesn't need much funding, they take away the weapons from the invaders and the ones whom help them, lots of raids by Taliban doesn't reach the people. So they don't need the plantation, they just need more american troops to move to Afghanistan to capture the weapons form them ..

جوري
05-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Found another one!
Many of those out there.. and you don't even need a degree in physics, just cranking some of those rusty cogwheels and asking a few questions usually clears it up for most!

all the best

YusufNoor
05-17-2009, 07:35 PM
you mean like George Bush?

And that's the way it was for a long time. The entire world knew that the Taliban were brutally oppressing the people of Afghanistan, but there it stood.
what is your proof for that?

Then the Taliban's "guests" used the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan as a base to plan and execute 9/11.
there is VERY little evidence to support that claim.

Things changed after that.
interesting, after blaming "al Qaeda" [a CIA/ISI invention, btw] for 9/11; the Kissingers, Rockefellers, Bushes, Carlyle Group, Blair, et al, GOT the war they wanted
:rollseyes

perhaps you could just change your user name from Fox to "A"!
:thumbs_up

Trumble
05-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Whether it is their 'own country' (which in many cases is debatable, anyway) is irrelevant; the majority of the people there didn't and don't want them. They are just as responsible for civilian deaths as the Americans, indeed more so as at least the Americans don't intend them. But they are part of the Taleban game-plan, civilian deaths and suffering are engineered and used by them.

Sadly, the pattern is repeating in Pakistan. The Pakistanis gave multiple concessions to achieve a peaceful solution only to see the Taleban completely ignore the agreements made. We are seeing the inevitable consequences of their deceit and dishonor in the misery of the refugees and those now being killed and injured in the fighting. What are the Pakistani authorities to do? They can't negotiate a peaceful settlement as they now know the Taleban won't keep any agreement. So they either have to fight, or surrender the whole country to a relatively small number of extremists.

salafy_masry
05-18-2009, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Whether it is their 'own country' (which in many cases is debatable, anyway) is irrelevant; the majority of the people there didn't and don't want them.
If the majority of the people there didn't and don't want them .. the Taliban wont exist in the first place .. cuz simply they are from the people .. they are the people

Trumble
05-18-2009, 06:42 PM
If the majority of the people there didn't and don't want them .. the Taliban wont exist in the first place .. cuz simply they are from the people .. they are the people
Nonsense. Is every single political group and faction in Egypt wanted by the majority of the people? In my country none of them are!

salafy_masry
05-19-2009, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Nonsense. Is every single political group and faction in Egypt wanted by the majority of the people? In my country none of them are!
The survival of any group depends on how much support it gets ... Taliban would not survive if it was not supported by the majority .. they are not just an opposition party .. they are fighters .. they need much more support, and they have it.

The proof .. they are still standing more powerful than before

Keltoi
05-19-2009, 01:56 PM
The survival of any group depends on how much support it gets ... Taliban would not survive if it was not supported by the majority .. they are not just an opposition party .. they are fighters .. they need much more support, and they have it.

The proof .. they are still standing more powerful than before
There is a difference between respect and fear. We all know what happens when an Afghan citizen doesn't follow the direction of the Taliban. School teachers get beheaded...as an example. The Afghan people are fearful of the Taliban, and rightly so. It doesn't help that the U.S. has a history of leaving Afghanistan to the vultures...as happened after the Soviet/Afghan War.

salafy_masry
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
There is a difference between respect and fear. We all know what happens when an Afghan citizen doesn't follow the direction of the Taliban. School teachers get beheaded...as an example. The Afghan people are fearful of the Taliban, and rightly so. It doesn't help that the U.S. has a history of leaving Afghanistan to the vultures...as happened after the Soviet/Afghan War.
If the minority are in fear .. that doesn't count the majority

Woodrow
05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I think we all should ask:

What is al-Qaeda? Who are the Taliban? Where do the Taliban come from?

I've asked that question to quite a few people that have come to the States from Afghanistan. I can not say they are an accurate representation of the majority of Afghanis, but their answers are interesting.

I find the number of people leaving Afghanistan to live in the USA, Iran or Pakistan to be quite interesting.

I suspect a website by Afghanis is more in tune with the happenings in Afghanistan then most of us are. I find this site to be interesting.

http://acoc.afghanistans.com/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.