/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assisted suicide

KashifB
05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
:sl:

Just posting this to find out what the views of the people on this forum are regarding assisted suicide.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mysterious Uk
05-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Assisted suicide?.. wat do you mean euthanasia?

Brother_Mujahid
05-15-2009, 11:17 PM
assisted suicide for a person who knows what is going on and is aware, then theres no doubt theres no difference between that and normal suicide.

As muslims suffering is a means of expiation of sins. so enduring suffering with patience will only reap reward inshallah.

I dont really think its that long till assisted suicide will be allowed in the uk and in other places like the states, unfortunately.

FatimaAsSideqah
05-15-2009, 11:35 PM
:sl:

I believe that Islam considers human life sacred. Life is to be protected and promoted as much as possible. It is neither permissible in Islam to kill another human being, nor even to kill one's own self (suicide).

But if a patient is medically presumed dead through what is known as brain death, in the sense that he/she no longer has any feelings, switching off the life support may be permissible Insha'Allah, with due consultation and care, especially when it’s clear that the life support machine becomes of no use for the already-dead patient Insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A786
01-28-2018, 09:09 PM
I think the issue around assisted suicide/Euthanasia is a lot more controversial than we think. I don't think it is just a simple yes or no, even if we think logically/religiously/morally.

Misbah-Abd
01-28-2018, 09:38 PM
https://islamqa.info/en/129041

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.