/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Colors women can wear?

amna_mirza
05-16-2009, 02:52 PM
:sl:

What is the ruling regarding the colors women can wear in public. I have heard some say that you can only wear earth tones but one needs to stay away from colorful stuff. Is that correct?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
05-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I think we can wear any colours we like, it's just being modest thats most important, people can wear "earthly colours" n still lack haya/modesty.

Our speech/manners how we carry ourselves is also important...verrry.

Yanal
05-16-2009, 09:59 PM
The main thing is to not wear transparent clothing.

Banu_Hashim
05-16-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amna_mirza
I have heard some say that you can only wear earth tones but one needs to stay away from colorful stuff. Is that correct?
Nope. Don't think so.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
05-16-2009, 10:06 PM
That would mean you are a goth giving a stereotype view to non muslims that we are dark natured people and we would not want that right?

FatimaAsSideqah
05-16-2009, 10:46 PM

it is ok for a women to wear a specific colour. She can wear any clothes that cover her 'Awrah.

S_87
05-16-2009, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amna_mirza

What is the ruling regarding the colors women can wear in public. I have heard some say that you can only wear earth tones but one needs to stay away from colorful stuff. Is that correct?
if by colourful u mean bright and attractive then no she cant wear that in public. However there is no specific colour that a woman must wear...

HopeFul
05-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Assalamoalaikum, i think that women should wear only colurs that do not attract any unwanted attention, but then I may be wrong,
I think If I wear pink or yellow or light blue, it my be attractive..

it is a question worthy of asking ourselves, women naturally tend to make themselves pretty, no one will wear colours that make them appear Unattractive, hence they should onlyw ear earthly colours..

Would ahve to look it up I think..

FatimaAsSideqah
05-16-2009, 11:04 PM
it is better for women to avoid wearing clothes of such colours to avoid imitating men, and to avoid a dress of fame or celebrity.

HopeFul
05-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Hijaab of the Ansaari women
I am looking for the hadith that gives reference to the Ansar women appearing as crows after the verse 33:59 was revealed. It was my understanding that this was considered as proof that black as a color for hijaab was Sunnah, and therefore mustahab. Could you tell me where I could find this hadith, and include its volume and number please?

Praise be to Allaah.

The hadeeth to which you refer was narrated by Abu Dawood, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Sunan, from Umm Salamah who said: “When the aayah ‘… to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies…’ [al-Ahzaab 33:59 – interpretation of the meaning] was revealed, the women of the Ansaar came out looking as if there were crows on their heads, because of their clothing.” (Sunan Abi Dawood, Kitaab al-Libaas, Baab fi qawlihi ta’aala: yubneena ‘alayhinna jalaabeebihinna).

The author of ‘Awn al-Ma’bood fi Sharh Sunan Abi Dawood said, commenting on this phrase: “Their veils were likened to crows because of their black colour.”

However, it is not a condition of hijaab that the clothes should be black, but it may be better because it is more concealing. For the conditions of Muslim woman’s hijaab

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/898/c...20of%20clothes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.