/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Offering missed fajr salah

aadil77
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
:sl:

Do you have to pray the 2 sunnat rakats when praying a missed (kaza) fajr salah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
05-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think you can pray any sunnah prayer as qada'a, just any fard you have missed... So if you miss fajr, you just pray the 2 fard rak'as, not the sunnah; same for any prayers at any other times of the day.
If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Najm
05-18-2009, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I don't think you can pray any sunnah prayer as qada'a, just any fard you have missed... So if you miss fajr, you just pray the 2 fard rak'as, not the sunnah; same for any prayers at any other times of the day.
If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Yep thats right Uhkti

Akhi the best thing to do in not miss Fajr in the first place......

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RadiAllahu Anhu) : Rasulullah (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) said, "Allah will prepare for him who goes to the mosque in the morning and in the afternoon (for the congregational prayer) an honorable place in Paradise with good hospitality for (what he has done) every morning and afternoon goings. (Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Hadith # 631)

May we all hold to all our Salah, every single day. Ameen

FiAmaaniAllah

aadil77
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
yh lol I know that brother :), sometimes the alarm don't go off or sometimes I have weird dreams with the shaytaan tellin me I've already prayed fajr

So then I have to offer the missed prayer afterwards, but I was told at madressa that in fajr kazaa you have to pray the 2 sunnats???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mujahidah4Allah
05-18-2009, 09:23 PM
^ :sl:

to the best of my knowledge, in Hanafi fiqh one must make up for the 2 sunnah before zuhr prayer, if zuhr time enters i don't think one will have to do so.

Walahu 'Alam

Muhammad
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM

You may find this helpful Insha'Allaah:
If you miss any of the aforementioned supererogatory prayers (of sunnah ratibah), it is an act of the Sunnah to make up for it. This also is to be done with regard to the Witr Prayer, for it is an act of the Sunnah to make up for it during the day, as the Prophet (PBUH) made up for the two supererogatory rak'ahs before the Fajr Prayer along with the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer when he slept and could not get up to perform them (Muslim). Also, it is narrated that when the Prophet (PBUH) was (so) busy that he missed the two supererogatory rak'ahs before the Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer, he made up for them after the 'Asr (Afternoon) Prayer (Al-Bukhari and Muslim). So, a Muslim can make up for the rest of the supererogatory prayers by means of analogical deduction, when missing any of them.

[...]

So a Muslim ought to keep the aforementioned sunnah ratibah (regularly-observed supererogatory) prayers to follow the excellent pattern of the Prophet (PBUH)...

From: A Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence, Dr. Saalih Al-Fawzaan

crayon
05-19-2009, 07:04 AM
^Jazak Allah khair, brother!

HopeFul
05-19-2009, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah
^ :sl:

to the best of my knowledge, in Hanafi fiqh one must make up for the 2 sunnah before zuhr prayer, if zuhr time enters i don't think one will have to do so.

Walahu 'Alam
it is before noon, not zuhr..

aadil77
05-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Ok Jazakh'Allah everyone

Sampharo
05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
As for the fajr sunnah, the two rakaa's before, the majority have found that they are to be made up even if it is outside the time of fajr, as long as you are making up fajr, and that is the direction of most scholars. As for the other Sonan Ratiba the opinion is to make it up if it is within the time, as in not catching the two before Duhr because of arriving at masjed you found they already started jamaa and you wanted to catch it, and therefore missed the rakaa's before Duhr. So you make them up after Duhr, and then perform the ones after.

However as per the Hadith of Umm Salama in Mosnad Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, she asked the prophet when she saw him make up Sunna ratiba once outside the time of its prayer (praying Duhr sunna after Asr), whether she has to do so if she missed them, he said no. Scholars say that sonan ratiba based on this hadith is not to be made up if the time of its fard went away, and that the prophet did so because he was required to himself, and not the muslims, otherwise hw would have said at least that she may if she chooses to volunteer. So in general sonan prayers are to be performaced and made up in the time of the fard prayer, with the exception of the sunnah before Fajr prayer which gets made up even outside the time.

And God knows best.

Esther462
06-20-2009, 08:07 PM
No. Just pray the normal rakats as soon as you can after the fajr time.

nocturne
06-28-2009, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
yh lol I know that brother :), sometimes the alarm don't go off or sometimes I have weird dreams with the shaytaan tellin me I've already prayed fajr
yeah, that happens to me always.+o(

Najm
06-28-2009, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
yeah, that happens to me always.+o(

I get the ones where after doing fajr, I think i have "10 mins" to wake up and pray! :-[

FiAmaaniAllah

aadil77
06-29-2009, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

I get the ones where after doing fajr, I think i have "10 mins" to wake up and pray! :-[

FiAmaaniAllah
I also get ones where the shaytaans telling me the time for fajr is already finished, or I hardly have a minute to pray and it'l be finished by the time I've done wudhu. But these don't work anymore, I've fought him over but he's stil tryin new ones all the time :D

- IqRa -
06-29-2009, 10:36 AM
So we have to qadah the Sunnah as well for Fajar?

AabiruSabeel
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
^Your question is answered in these two posts:

http://www.islamicboard.com/1144986-post7.html
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
You may find this helpful Insha'Allaah:
If you miss any of the aforementioned supererogatory prayers (of sunnah ratibah), it is an act of the Sunnah to make up for it. This also is to be done with regard to the Witr Prayer, for it is an act of the Sunnah to make up for it during the day, as the Prophet (PBUH) made up for the two supererogatory rak'ahs before the Fajr Prayer along with the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer when he slept and could not get up to perform them (Muslim). Also, it is narrated that when the Prophet (PBUH) was (so) busy that he missed the two supererogatory rak'ahs before the Dhuhr (Noon) Prayer, he made up for them after the 'Asr (Afternoon) Prayer (Al-Bukhari and Muslim). So, a Muslim can make up for the rest of the supererogatory prayers by means of analogical deduction, when missing any of them.

[...]

So a Muslim ought to keep the aforementioned sunnah ratibah (regularly-observed supererogatory) prayers to follow the excellent pattern of the Prophet (PBUH)...

From: A Summary of Islamic Jurisprudence, Dr. Saalih Al-Fawzaan
http://www.islamicboard.com/1149418-post11.html
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo

As for the fajr sunnah, the two rakaa's before, the majority have found that they are to be made up even if it is outside the time of fajr, as long as you are making up fajr, and that is the direction of most scholars. As for the other Sonan Ratiba the opinion is to make it up if it is within the time, as in not catching the two before Duhr because of arriving at masjed you found they already started jamaa and you wanted to catch it, and therefore missed the rakaa's before Duhr. So you make them up after Duhr, and then perform the ones after.

However as per the Hadith of Umm Salama in Mosnad Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, she asked the prophet when she saw him make up Sunna ratiba once outside the time of its prayer (praying Duhr sunna after Asr), whether she has to do so if she missed them, he said no. Scholars say that sonan ratiba based on this hadith is not to be made up if the time of its fard went away, and that the prophet did so because he was required to himself, and not the muslims, otherwise hw would have said at least that she may if she chooses to volunteer. So in general sonan prayers are to be performaced and made up in the time of the fard prayer, with the exception of the sunnah before Fajr prayer which gets made up even outside the time.

And God knows best.

'Abd-al Hakim
06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Answer: In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.Praise be to Allah. May Allah's peace and blessings bestow upon our beloved Prophet, his family, companions, and those who follow them. Dear Brother, Welcome to the SunniPath QA (http://qa.**************). I pray you find the articles and questions to be of benefit.Your question is a very important one. For many Muslims, fajr prayer can be the most challenging one. In that vein, there are many hadiths that speak to the great reward and blessing entailed in waking up for fajr prayer.Abu Zuhayr 'Umara ibn Ruwayba said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'No one who used to pray before the rising of the sun and before its setting will enter the Fire," meaning Fajr and 'Asr." [Muslim] Jundub ibn Sufyan reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who prays the Subh prayer is in Allah's keeping. O son of Adam, watch out that Allah does not demand from you anything that is in His keeping." [Muslim]Conversely, deliberately missing prayers is an enormity, an action that is both punishable by a legal penalty in this world, and divine punishment in the Hereafter.The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "The agreement that is between us and them is the prayer: whoever leaves it has disbelieved." [Reliance, p4.2] In another hadith, it is narrated on the authority of Abu Zubair that he heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah saying, 'I heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) observing this,' "Between man and polytheism and unbelief is the abandonment of salat." [Muslim]Salat is a pillar of our faith, and there is no such thing as doing too much to ensure that this pillar stands.Remember that actions are rewarded according to intention. It sounds like you intend to make your prayer, but just can't take that final step.Since your alarm clock is not helping, I suggest you use the "buddy system." If you live with family or friends, have someone knock on your door and make sure you're awake. Even if they have to sprinkle some water on your face, have them do that.If you live alone, then have a reliable friend or family member call you. Set your phone to its loudest ring and place it outside your bedroom, preferably right by the bathroom door. Leave your door open so you can hear it. If you have a cell phone, make sure that your helper calls both phones. Have this person call back as many times as necessary for you to wake up.Do not forget that praying in congregation is a communal obligation, fard kifaya, in the Shafi'i School. Non-traveling males should try their utmost to hold group prayer in the masjid. If you develop this habit, it's a great incentive to wake up for fajr. You get the reward of group prayer, being with the Muslims, and praying fajr in the masjid. Try to go to bed early, so you can make it to the masjid in the morning.Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "And if they only knew what was in the prayers of 'Isha' and Subh [fajr], they would come to them even if they had to crawl." [Agreed upon] Last, but certainly not least, you should figure out how many fajr's you've missed and make a timetable for making them up. It is obligatory to make up missed prayers, because they remain a debt owed to Allah Most High. And Allah knows best. ** **

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.