/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Allah love everyone?

aadil77
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Or just muslims?
Or just good muslims?

Is this mentioned anywhere in the Quran?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Interesting question, I don't know..

But these verses comes to mind:

Do not avert your face from people out of haughtiness and do not strut about arrogantly on the earth. Allah does not love anyone who is vain or boastful. (Surah Luqman: 18)

There is no doubt that Allah knows what they keep secret and what they make public. He does not love people puffed up with pride. (Surat an-Nahl: 23)

i love allah
05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
allah loves every one

aadil77
05-18-2009, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by i love allah
allah loves every one
And is it just their sins that he doesn't?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
:salamext:

Sis crayon answered it, Allah clearly says that Allah does not love the evil doers [faasiqeen], the disbelievers etc.

And Allah loves the muhsinoon (good doers) etc.

Allah knows best.

suleyman
05-19-2009, 11:00 AM
:sl:

I remember reading that there are different levels of love and rehma which Allah manifests towards the creation.

We say ar-Rahman and ar-Raheem, now if i remember correctly ar-Rahman the Merciful is for the whole of creation including disbelivers, Allah showers his mercy and blessings on even those who deny him in this life, but with the attribute of ar-Raheem - the Compassionate, the Most Gracious this is reserved for the believers only

So the believers benefit from higher levels of love and mercy, while the disbelivers are deprived of the latter.

What is also clear from many Quranic ayat is that there are conditions for the higher levels of love, mercy, baraka

For example Allah (swt) tells us he dislikes the Zalimun, the arrogant, the oppressors, the tyrants, the cruel, those who shun the poor etc, similarily Allah likes the truthful, the patient, the righteous etc

again this is what i read and understood and it is a deep subject in its own right, and Allah knows best.

'Abd-al Latif
05-19-2009, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Or just muslims?
Or just good muslims?

Is this mentioned anywhere in the Quran?
format_quote Originally Posted by i love allah
allah loves every one
Allah does not love everyone. He says in many verses whom he does not like. The evil doers, the hypocrites, the sinners, the rebelious, the corrupted etc.

Imam
05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Allah loves:

[2:222]
For Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean.

[2:195]
but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.

3:134 Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;-

3:146And Allah Loves those who are firm and steadfast.

3:159 Then, when thou hast taken a decision put thy trust in Allah. For Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

5:13 but forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds): for Allah loveth those who are kind.

5:42If thou judge, judge in equity between them. For Allah loveth those who judge in equity.

5:54 O ye who believe! if any from among you turn back from his Faith, soon will Allah produce a people whom He will love as they will love Him,- lowly with the believers, mighty against the rejecters, fighting in the way of Allah, and never afraid of the reproaches of such as find fault. That is the grace of Allah, which He will bestow on whom He pleaseth. And Allah encompasseth all, and He knoweth all things.

9:108 Never stand thou forth therein. There is a mosque whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of the standing forth (for prayer) therein. In it are men who love to be purified; and Allah loveth those who make themselves pure.

Allah loveth not:

2:190 Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

2:205 When he turns his back, His aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah loveth not mischief.

2:276For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.

3:32 Say: "Obey Allah and His Messenger.: But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith.

3:57 "As to those who believe and work righteousness, Allah will pay them (in full) their reward; but Allah loveth not those who do wrong."

28:76 Qarun was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: such were the treasures We had bestowed on him that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men, behold, his people said to him: "Exult not, for Allah loveth not those who exult (in riches).

4:36 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious;-

4:107 Contend not on behalf of such as betray their own souls; for Allah loveth not one given to perfidy and crime:

4:148 Allah loveth not that evil should be noised abroad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He who heareth and knoweth all things.

5:87 O ye who believe! make not unlawful the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, but commit no excess: for Allah loveth not those given to excess.

.7:31 O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for Allah loveth not the wasters.

7:55 Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds.

8:58 If thou fearest treachery from any group, throw back (their covenant) to them, (so as to be) on equal terms: for Allah loveth not the treacherous.

16:23 Undoubtedly Allah doth know what they conceal, and what they reveal: verily He loveth not the arrogant.

28:76 Qarun was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: such were the treasures We had bestowed on him that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men, behold, his people said to him: "Exult not, for Allah loveth not those who exult (in riches).

convert
05-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Do you all not recite fatihah at least 17 times a day?

Consider the meaning of:
غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ

aadil77
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert

Consider the meaning of:
غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ
Yes and?

convert
05-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes and?
Do I need to tell you how to add 1+1?

aadil77
05-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Do I need to tell you how to add 1+1?
Have you got anything useful to say? because other members have already answered my question

convert
05-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Have you got anything useful to say? because other members have already answered my question
Fine so be it if you don't understand that the single most recited surah speaks of Allah NOT loving everyone.

glo
05-19-2009, 03:22 PM

Consider the meaning of:
غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ
May I ask what it means?

convert
05-19-2009, 03:37 PM
ghayril maghdoobi = those who have earned Allah's anger

i guess technically its ghayril maghdoobi 'alayhim though, my arabic isn't up to par yet

aadil77
05-19-2009, 04:11 PM
001.007 The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray
I understand this verse, but I was looking for a more specific verse

Allah loveth those who do good.
like this is reffering to good muslims

glo
05-20-2009, 06:11 AM
ghayril maghdoobi = those who have earned Allah's anger

i guess technically its ghayril maghdoobi 'alayhim though, my arabic isn't up to par yet
Greetings convert

If the above verse means that Allah is angry with some people (perhaps -according to previous posts - because of their behaviour or attitiude), does that mean he cannot still love them? :?

Are anger and love really exclusive?
Speaking from a human persepective, I can feel very angry with my children or husband sometimes ... and still love them nonetheless.

Why do you conclude that Allah ceases to love those he is angry with?

Peace :)

doorster
05-20-2009, 06:46 AM
greetings
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Greetings convert

If the above verse means that Allah is angry with some people (perhaps -according to previous posts - because of their behaviour or attitiude), does that mean he cannot still love them? :?

Are anger and love really exclusive?
Speaking from a human persepective, I can feel very angry with my children or husband sometimes ... and still love them nonetheless.

Why do you conclude that Allah ceases to love those he is angry with?

I would have liked to have seen you reply to http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...ml#post1145191

peace

glo
05-20-2009, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
greetingsI would have liked to have seen you reply to http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...ml#post1145191

peace
If the translation in the post you refer to is correct and the Qu'ran clearly states that Allah does not love people who display certain behaviours and attitudes, then it has answered my (and the OPs) question.
Thank you.
I understand Islamic teachings a little better now.

iamdaguy
06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Say: "Obey God and his messenger" : but if they turn back, God loves not those who reject Faith.
[Chapter 3; verse 32]

- IqRa -
06-11-2009, 02:02 PM
So basically, Allah loves those who are believers?

GuestFellow
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I personally believe Allah loves all of his creation. However at the same time, Allah can be angry with us too.

I heard from a friend, Allah loves us more than our parents...

Yanal
06-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Allahs loves everyone and loves them equally.

Eric H
06-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Qatada
Sis crayon answered it, Allah clearly says that Allah does not love the evil doers [faasiqeen], the disbelievers etc.

And Allah loves the muhsinoon (good doers) etc

Allah knows best.
We have very much the same kind of commands in the Bible too.

But we are all weak, we all sin, some sins we seem to repeat so often we almost become perfect at doing them.imsad

Some times we strive to be good.

I guess if we feel that God does not love someone, then that becomes a good reason why we can become angry with them, and not love them also.

However we mess up in this life, I firmly believe that I shall never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God, despite all my faults and their faults

In the spirit of praying for peace in our hearts

Eric

Muslim Woman
06-12-2009, 08:08 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
How do u know ? Is there any such verse in Quran ??

Clover
06-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Oh wow. I thought Allah, like the Christian God, loved everyone. I guess I thought wrong. Nice to see new info. Nice Topic.

syilla
06-12-2009, 08:24 AM
:salamext:

Allah shows and has mercy to all his creation. The level of being love that we are trying to achieve for.

Why we want to ask how much love Allah swt has for us, Isn't having air, water and earth is enough for us? when we should ask ourselves how much do we love Allah swt...

i was remembering this verse "Nikmat apakah yang engkau ingkarkan?" probably need bable fish to translate this...

Muslim Woman
06-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
Oh wow. I thought Allah, like the Christian God, loved everyone. .
There is no Christians God or Muslims Allah . God is only one . God will allow those in His garden who worshipped Him alone . God won't love & reward those who took dieties besides Him...it's very simple :)

Clover
06-12-2009, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace

There is no Christians God or Muslims Allah . God is only one . God will allow those in His garden who worshipped Him alone . God won't love & reward those who took dieties besides Him...it's very simple :)
Yes their can, depends on the person opinoin. Their is a difference between love and rewarding. You can love someone and not give them what you think they don't deserve.

iamdaguy
06-12-2009, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iamdaguy
Say: "Obey God and his messenger" : but if they turn back, God loves not those who reject Faith.
[Chapter 3; verse 32]
format_quote Originally Posted by E.E.
So basically, Allah loves those who are believers?
How hard was my post to really not understand, friend? I simply quoted from English translated Quran that I have and if the translation is accurate then the answer to your question is simple YES.

It does make sense for us, humans, to understand when Allah (SWT) says he loves not those who reject faith. Rejecting faith means you do not believe the existance of Allah and his messengers. In other words, you are against Islam.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Please do not assume anything. Such statements are better when supported with hard evidance (Quran Karim).

Thank You

redblackmask
06-14-2009, 02:29 PM
It is all based on your opinion, no 'holy' scriptures or debates will answer this as we truly do not know.

doorster
06-14-2009, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
If the translation in the post you refer to is correct and the Qu'ran clearly states that Allah does not love people who display certain behaviours and attitudes, then it has answered my (and the OPs) question.
Thank you.
I understand Islamic teachings a little better now.

I could, if you wish, show you similar in your very own Bible. :)

peace!

AlexJ90
06-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Allah is the all merciful but he will turn away from kuffar's

AlexJ90
06-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Being a non believer is the worst possible sin. Allah loves his creation and will forgive alot, except shirk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.