/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Predicting the future

KashifB
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
:sl:

I and some of my relatives play fantasy cricket in which we have to chose a few players from the tournament in play. We have to predict which players will perform best and get points according to their performance.

Is this predicting the future and hence haram?

Would like to know this as I'm thinking of making my own fantasy cricket website.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KashifB
05-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Anyone?

Muezzin
05-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Is this where you make your own sort of 'dream team' from existing players?

If so, I don't see how that can be predicting the future, given the fact that your dream team is fictional.

KashifB
05-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Yes, that's correct.

The team may be fictional but the player's are real so you try to predict their performances to gain more points.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
05-19-2009, 02:42 PM
That is not haaram brother,you are predicting the false online players future not what you are going to be when your 60...right?

Muezzin
05-19-2009, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KashifB
Yes, that's correct.

The team may be fictional but the player's are real so you try to predict their performances to gain more points.
You try to predict their future performances in real life matches?

That is, the success of the fantasy team depends on how the actual players perform in real life.

doorster
05-19-2009, 05:44 PM
during the time of Usmani Khilafat, a Muslim man, after making some observations (looking at the activities around him), said that the Khilafat had been impregnated with alien Western ideology and "predicted" that it was soon going to die giving birth to many non-Islamic kingdoms. (also that West was Impregnated with Islam and that is where the Next True Islamic empire would rise from)

some years ago A Pakistani Muslim predicted that Musharaf was going to be removed and replaced by an American puppet

did the abovementioned use magic? numerology? stars?

No! they used their eyes to look around and saw what was coming by using nothing more than commonsense

KashifB
05-19-2009, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You try to predict their future performances in real life matches?

That is, the success of the fantasy team depends on how the actual players perform in real life.
Yes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.