/* */

PDA

View Full Version : growin beard

AnonymousPoster
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
:sl:

Yep I'm tryna grow a beard, but theres sum places where theres patches of no hair or thin air, so i've been keepin a thin beard that goes down from my side burns around my jaw and chin and i've been shavin the rest to thicken it up.

but its not thickenin up so any advice?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
I will give you the only advice brother ...although you might not like it

just wait!

KashifB
05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
If you're growing a beard because it's a sunnah, don't shave it. It will get darker with time InshaAllah.

Raudha
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
^ Even though I am a sister answering the question, I agree with KashifB :embarrass

I think there is also more reward in leaving your beard to grow on its own (i.e. by the will of Allah obviously)

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raudha
05-19-2009, 09:22 PM
In all honesty I think we should have some sound advice here that emphasises on the sunnah method of growing a beard and a reward for it as well

AND

I think this thread should be moved to the brother's section :embarrass

AnonymousPoster
05-19-2009, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
^ Even though I am a sister answering the question, I agree with KashifB :embarrass

I think there is also more reward in leaving your beard to grow on its own (i.e. by the will of Allah obviously)

nah I can't be waiting, I need to thicken it up otherwise it looks and feels weird

AnonymousPoster
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
In all honesty I think we should have some sound advice here that emphasises on the sunnah method of growing a beard and a reward for it as well
Yh that would be nice

I think this thread should be moved to the brother's section :embarrass
why? its nothin too personal for brothers only and not everyone has access to it

Raudha
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
^Maybe you're right.

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
nah I can't be waiting, I need to thicken it up otherwise it looks and feels weird
That's where the sacrifice comes in brother. And the more the sacrifice the greater the reward

Cabdullahi
05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
^ listen to the beard consultant!!!

Whatsthepoint
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
hahahaha:D:bump1:

nebula
05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
my beards also very weird looking lol :D but just remember bro we're growing it to please the Creator! not creations :P so who cares how it looks bro! it will grow over time, my beard wasnt connecting to my sideburn from one side, but now i can start to see small hairs where they're were no hairs at all!! took about a year and a half but those baby hairs are sprouting bro!

Just plant the seeds and water regularly!

and oh yeah bro forgot to add, its great to hear that uve started to grow ur beard mashallah may Allah reward you inshallah

AnonymousPoster
05-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Try black seed oil!

Woodrow
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
The idea of shaving to thicken a beard is an old wives tale with no basis in fact. I tried most of my life to grow a beard and in my 20's and 30's I used to shave 3 or 4 times daily in hopes it would grow---Nada, zilch, nothing. Only thing I got was constant red skin from razor burn. I never got as much as a 5 O'clock shadow, no matter how often I shaved.

When I was 66 years old during Ramadan it suddenly grew, a nice thick white beard that grew to fist length in just 28 days. I still have it and it is still fist length long and snow white.

Ansariyah
05-19-2009, 10:40 PM
It's suppose happen naturally...
Don't force it...

Yanal
05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Remember it is your intention rather then you wanting to look like a big muslim it is your desire and what you have done as a true muslim then looking good. Brother Woodrow if you do not mind,what does 5O clock have to do with shaving?

InshAllah Allah will increase your deen and your beards appreance in matter of time. Ameen!

doorster
05-20-2009, 04:12 AM

Woodrow
05-20-2009, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Remember it is your intention rather then you wanting to look like a big muslim it is your desire and what you have done as a true muslim then looking good. Brother Woodrow if you do not mind,what does 5O clock have to do with shaving?

InshAllah Allah will increase your deen and your beards appreance in matter of time. Ameen!
5 O'clock shadow is an expression to refer to the beard growth that occurs late in the afternoon. Many men shave at least twice a day, the second time to remove the 5 O'clock shadow.

Yanal
05-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Oh JazakAllah Khayr,my father sadly is not a good muslim therefore he shaves but once in about three days only,isn't it that you can get cuts if you shave and have very minimal hair?

Woodrow
05-20-2009, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Oh JazakAllah Khayr,my father sadly is not a good muslim therefore he shaves but once in about three days only,isn't it that you can get cuts if you shave and have very minimal hair?
I used to look like fresh ground hamburger meat after shaving my poor hairless face. But, many people also nick themselves even if they are shaving a heavy beard.

Yanal
05-20-2009, 04:43 AM
If someone suppose has a beard,how shall he shave it? Cut part of the beard till you can't with scissors then shave with a razor?

Abu Sukkar
05-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Bro i had the same issue. I had patches were the beard wouldn't grow but please remember you not sporting a beard to look good rather you are doing it to please Allah.
This is your little test and these areas that you are shaving will not make the slightest difference as there is no hair there to grow so you going to be shaving and shaving with no result.

Do one of 2 things.

1. Leave it well alone and Inshallah it is with Allah. Look at so many handsome brothers like Hussain Ye

He could shave and shave but that hair is not coming out so you grow it as you can.

2. Getting cupping in that area. Brothers i know who do cupping (Hijamah) have told me that you treat it by cupping.

And Allah knows Best.

Yanal
05-20-2009, 04:54 AM
^Or grow it like David Sasuki. Nice post Sugar!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.