/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian President Mubarak's 12-year-old grandson dies in Paris hospital

جوري
05-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Egyptian President Mubarak's 12-year-old grandson dies in Paris hospital

By Associated Press
11:48 AM PDT, May 19, 2009

CAIRO (AP) — Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's grandson died abruptly, the president's office said Tuesday, declining to give a cause of the 12-year-old boy's sudden death.

Mohammed Mubarak passed away Monday after a "health crisis lasting two days," the presidency said in a brief statement.

State media reported he had been flown to Paris for emergency treatment, where he was joined by his grandmother, Egyptian first lady Suzanne Mubarak. His body was flown back Tuesday to Egypt for an immediate burial, according to Islamic tradition.

Mohammed was the child of Mubarak's son Alaa, 47, a prominent businessman who is not involved in politics. Alaa has another son, Omar, who is 6 years old.

The 81-year-old president is believed to be grooming his other son, Gamal, to succeed him.

Egyptian TV and radio broadcast religious songs and programs throughout the day.

The northern Cairo suburb of Heliopolis, home to the president, was under heavy security during the child's funeral, which was attended by top state officials and prominent businessmen.

A TV broadcast showed a visibly distraught Alaa Mubarak, praying next to his brother Gamal at the funeral. The Mubarak brothers then carried the casket, draped in an Egyptian flag, at the head of a procession.

Speculation has been rife in the Egyptian media over the cause of death, including suggestions that the boy died from a brain aneurysm, childhood leukemia or food poisoning.

Egyptians first caught a glimpse of Mohammed when he appeared in photographs with his grandfather on the pages of the leading state-owned daily Al-Ahram a decade ago. It was rare glimpse of the stern president's human side as he and his wife played with the child.

Mubarak is scheduled to visit the United States on May 26 to meet with President Barack Obama for the first time since he assumed office.

http://www.newser.com/article/d9898q...-hospital.html

why is this news?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
05-20-2009, 12:29 AM
أنا لله وأنا اليه راجعون

جوري
05-20-2009, 01:05 AM
indeed may Allah swt have mercy on the little boy insha'Allah...

Maybe now his parents and grandparents can understand the pain of grief stricken relatives of capsized ships holding poor pilgrims or the death of pregnant women in potholes that they neglect to fx or stealing millions from folks who can barely keep grub on the table.. without adding insult to their injuries..

if only for them too they had a day of thought or mourning..

la 7awla wla qiwta illa billah

:w:

The_Prince
05-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Now they want to play religous programs all day etc? bunch of dirty hypocrites, they cry now when they lose one of their own kids, no amount of playing religous programs is gonna save this criminal (hosni mubarak) from the flames of hell.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
05-20-2009, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
indeed may Allah swt have mercy on the little boy insha'Allah...

Maybe now his parents and grandparents can understand the pain of grief stricken relatives of capsized ships holding poor pilgrims or the death of pregnant women in potholes that they neglect to fx or stealing millions from folks who can barely keep grub on the table.. without adding insult to their injuries..

if only for them too they had a day of thought or mourning..

la 7awla wla qiwta illa billah

ouch!
I did not mean to start something on politics but since you my sister started it, I will say that it is the fault of "ulema" and joe public for believing the trash spouted by the "ulema"

people should not be told to "do not criticise or choose leaders" they should not be told to believe that everything is predestined instead they should be told to get off their posteriors and demand their rights and (to paraphrase Alaama Iqbal) shape their own destinies!

doorster
05-20-2009, 01:27 AM

Yanal
05-20-2009, 01:34 AM
It is news because a politicians family member has died and it is a big tragic for Egyptians.

It says the boy was 12 years old which is young,I say he either died with food posioning or something else.... Because 12 years old is really young to get many dangerous diseases,so I say it is most likely food posioning,that is the most common death (other than getting shot) in the political league.

جوري
05-20-2009, 01:37 AM
well the little boy is innocent and may Allah swt shower him with mercy and blessings.. Mubarak however, came out after a ship of pilgrims capsized to call them greedy, and then went to a football game, amongst many other unmentionable things..

I am not playing devil's advocate but do wonder if they feel a twinge of conscientious awakening or grief the same way they have caused thousands of people...

Egypt is a poor country with very rich criminals in charge.. Egypt has never been able to rid itself of the tyrant grip of its Pharaohs even modern day and it is very sad.....

جوري
05-20-2009, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
It is news because a politicians family member has died and it is a big tragic for Egyptians.

It says the boy was 12 years old which is young,I say he either died with food posioning or something else.... Because 12 years old is really young to get many dangerous diseases,so I say it is most likely food posioning,that is the most common death (other than getting shot) in the political league.
young folk can die of a host of things do visit 'St. Jude's children hospital'

death doesn't discriminate neither does cancer -- children may get different cancers than adults but are some of the deadliest.. (something for everyone to think about)
very unlikely he died of food poisoning, unless he ate rare wild mushrooms in which case death would have ensued within hours not a couple of days or enough time to be flown to a Parisian hospital and then die two days later

Yanal
05-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Yes but I meant unlike most middle age people they suffer less even though they are young and Ameen to the duas.

جوري
05-20-2009, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Yes but I meant unlike most middle age people they suffer less even though they are young and Ameen to the duas.

Allah yer7amo and receive him in paradise insha'Allah..
suffering is universal and known know age, creed or gender ..

north_malaysian
05-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.... I hate Hosni Mobarak, but I dont hate his grandson...

جوري
05-20-2009, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.... I hate Hosni Mobarak, but I dont hate his grandson...
hate that hideous gnome of a man too.. but his grandson was really cute, I just saw his photo in his funeral procession on youtube..

Insha'Allah, Allah swt saved him, especially that his family is so hated by all of Egypt.. I have actually read quite warm condolensces which echo that even in spite of the strong aversion the Egyptians have for this man, that they are very much loving and caring people.. if only he'd show them too a measure of that care...

I hate to think of a little kid in a dark grave (it is quite upsetting) --inna lillah wa'ina ilyhi raji3oon

north_malaysian
05-20-2009, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I hate to think of a little kid in a dark grave (it is quite upsetting) --inna lillah wa'ina ilyhi raji3oon

when he refused to open the border, many little kids in gaza died....

جوري
05-20-2009, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
when he refused to open the border, many little kids in gaza died....
yup.. he has alot of blood on his hands..

Allah swt is all merciful from no man's sIn shall another be punished.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.