/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What will become of the north and south

جوري
05-20-2009, 03:17 AM
and the U.S during the great signs of the end..

Is there any indications those parts of the world will be involved at all with the major signs of the end.. like the great war, Gog and Magog, the second coming of Isa (PBUH)

for some reason all I come across when dealing with the west is Europe, does that also include the states?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zico
05-21-2009, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
and the U.S during the great signs of the end..

Is there any indications those parts of the world will be involved at all with the major signs of the end.. like the great war, Gog and Magog, the second coming of Isa (PBUH)

for some reason all I come across when dealing with the west is Europe, does that also include the states?

:sl:

Well the only thing I can find about the other parts of the world is this, please consider the following in bold:

Landslides

There will be three landslides before Qiyamah like never seen before. One in the East, one in the West and one in Arabia. The Earth will swallow everything above it and as a result, many people will die. However, everybody will be raised according to his intentions. This will take place when evil prevails.

Hudhaifa-b-Usaid al-Ghifari reported: Allah's Messenger Peace and blessings be upon him came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in discussion) He said: "What are you discussing?" They (the companions) said: "We are talking about the last hour." Thereupon he Peace and blessings be upon him said: "It will not come until you see ten signs before it, He made a mention of the Smoke, the Dajjal, the Beast, the Rising of the Sun from the West, the Descent of Jesus, Son of MaryPeace be upon him, the emergence of Ya'juj and Ma'juj, and Landsliding will occur in three places, One in the East, one in the West and one in Arabia at the end of which a fire would burn forth from Yemen, which would drive people to the place of their assembly." (Muslim)

Umme Salmah reported that I heard the Messenger of Allah Peace and blessings be upon him saying, "After me there will be a landslide in the East, a landslide in the West and a landslide in the Peninsula of Arabia." I asked, "Oh Messenger of Allah will the Earth give way, though there are some pious people above it." The Prophet Peace and blessings be upon him replied, "When its inhabitants exceed doing bad and evil." (Tabrani Fil-Awsat)

Hope that helps :)

Source: http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Maj...tml#landslides

جوري
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran.. interesting.. I have read about this, I am not quite sure how it fits with the other sequence of events... i.e before or after the big war of the end?

Zico
05-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran.. interesting.. I have read about this, I am not quite sure how it fits with the other sequence of events... i.e before or after the big war of the end?

Good question but unfortunately the Prophet (pbuh) said that these last major signs will follow each other like pearls falling off of a necklace.

And Allah knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-21-2009, 06:31 PM
sob7an Allah, I remember reading that too.. not sure why I am so curious...
also that the last war will be by swords and horses, I often wonder if that means there will be a huge nuclear war in which all known technology will no longer exist as we know it......

hmmmmmmn

aadil77
05-21-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd love to see atleast one of the major signs, It'd be such a booster and it'll set me straight for life

جوري
05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
^^ akhi becareful what you wish for.. according to the signs of the end, every generation to come will be worst than the one preceding it -- and it will be every so difficult for folks to hang on to their faith.. given how many signs noted have already happened with folks not taking heed.. a big sign will be no different save for the amount of tribulations which many folks won't be able to withstand!

and Allah swt knows best

AabiruSabeel
05-21-2009, 07:07 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Zico
Umme Salmah reported that I heard the Messenger of Allah Peace and blessings be upon him saying, "After me there will be a landslide in the East, a landslide in the West and a landslide in the Peninsula of Arabia." I asked, "Oh Messenger of Allah will the Earth give way, though there are some pious people above it." The Prophet Peace and blessings be upon him replied, "When its inhabitants exceed doing bad and evil." (Tabrani Fil-Awsat)
Isn't it a great blessing from Allah that we are still alive and posting here on LI even though there is more evil in the world than good? Alhamdulillah!

I'd love to see atleast one of the major signs, It'd be such a booster and it'll set me straight for life
I think some of the great signs are coming now.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said, "There will be no town which Ad-dajjal will not enter except Makkah and Madinah, and there will be no entrance (road) (of both Makkah and Madinah) but the angels will be standing in rows guarding it against him, and then Madinah will shake with its inhabitants thrice (i.e. three earth-quakes will take place) and Allah will expel all the nonbelievers and the hypocrites from it." (Bukhari, Book #30, Hadith #105)

Check these:
1,200 tremors in Madinah over past few days

Thousands evacuated from Al-Ais

Now it can be Madinah Al-Munawwarah next. Who knows? May Allah safeguard the Three Holy Places, and us all.

Zico
05-22-2009, 05:11 AM
sob7an Allah, I remember reading that too.. not sure why I am so curious...
also that the last war will be by swords and horses, I often wonder if that means there will be a huge nuclear war in which all known technology will no longer exist as we know it......

hmmmmmmn

Very interesting yet scary thing to note here that many astromerers as well as scientists predicts massive meteor shower in upcoming years (even though we as muslims take predictions with a pinch of salt - Kathaba el monajeemoon wallaw 9adagho)

Consider this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

As the link above states your assumption on nuclear war is not too far form the truth. Also note that if (and I hate the what ifs ) the people of that time will be deprived from any electronic use, i.e machines, guns, computers e.t.c., the only solution to fight is well the old way I suppose.

جوري
05-22-2009, 05:17 AM
interesting indeed.. so hard to imagine life without all this technology but I personally like to rough it *cough* no *cough* so I think I'd be able to survive without the technology.. guess medicine will go back to surgery since that is the oldest form of medicine practiced.. but even that has so evolved it would be hard to think of an OR without VATS and Laproscopies, MRIs and such..a shame too since the good old fashioned Physical exam is a dying art with all the machines and without the meds all one can do is sit there and watch folks give up their roo7 .. sob7an Allah.. I am not sure I'd like to be around during the time of the end... though right now isn't that good, I believe it is better than what is to come and Allah swt knows best

Zico
05-22-2009, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Sis Gossamer skye is correct, you will be in so much chaos at that time that you will not even have time to take care of you're spiritual needs.

Zico
05-22-2009, 05:36 AM
interesting indeed.. so hard to imagine life without all this technology but I personally like to rough it *cough* no *cough* so I think I'd be able to survive without the technology.. guess medicine will go back to surgery since that is the oldest form of medicine practiced.. but even that has so evolved it would be hard to think of an OR without VATS and Laproscopies, MRIs and such..a shame too since the good old fashioned Physical exam is a dying art with all the machines and without the meds all one can do is sit there and watch folks give up their roo7 .. sob7an Allah.. I am not sure I'd like to be around during the time of the end... though right now isn't that good, I believe it is better than what is to come and Allah swt knows best

I agree it's so sad for those that live there not to mention way to tough for them to live their life as normal :(

Btw on your comment about the old practice of Medicine, I really think that the old way of doing things is a lot better than now. You being a Doctor may disagree.

Heh imagine us Muslims going from Herbal medicine to creating the foundation of surgery, that in mind in Ibn Nafis journal records stating that while he was in France to see how the Europeans are doing, he saw that a Monk or Priest will open up a patients head with a big nail (idk the exact name) on the shape of a cross to "Let the Devils come out!"...that's just LOL. Sub7anah allah!!

جوري
05-22-2009, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zico
I agree it's so sad for those that live there not to mention way to tough for them to live their life as normal :(

Btw on your comment about the old practice of Medicine, I really think that the old way of doing things is a lot better than now. You being a Doctor may disagree.

Heh imagine us Muslims going from Herbal medicine to creating the foundation of surgery, that in mind in Ibn Nafis journal records stating that while he was in France to see how the Europeans are doing, he saw that a Monk or Priest will open up a patients head with a big nail (idk the exact name) on the shape of a cross to "Let the Devils come out!"...that's just LOL. Sub7anah allah!!
some forms of medicine were akin to quackery actually inspired many people to organize it and make it into an actual science, at some point in history syphilis was treated by introducing malaria, women had their uterus taken out for being 'hysterical' aka hysterectomy..
but we have made strides upon strides at not just curing but really improving the quality of life so I am not sure what is better.. I know some surgeons who rely on old fashioned surgeries but no one wants them.. no one wants a huge scar when you can just go through the bellybutton or a small incision in the thigh you know.. when you really think about it, the bigger the incision the more the chance for infections and the more days under.. plus the whole fields of anesthesiology, pathology, radiology and genetics would be dead since modern medicine relies heavily on all of them..

.. also I remember a hadith about judgment day not coming until 'dounia ta'khoz zokhrfoha and its inhabitants feel they can conquer everything' I wonder if this describes our current time? I really wish Prophet Mohammed SAW had explained the order of events.. I find myself reading several books none of which agree on what will happen when, just what will happen.. I believe it will all by in concert with the earth's actually laws of physics especially the sun rising from the west.. who knows though.. sob7an Allah..

anyhow I am kind of sleepy and have to take care of jimmy swaggart ;D

Zico
05-22-2009, 06:17 AM
some forms of medicine were akin to quackery actually inspired many people to organize it and make it into an actual science, at some point in history syphilis was treated by introducing malaria, women had their uterus taken out for being 'hysterical' aka hysterectomy..
OUCH!! that must of HURT!

.. also I remember a hadith about judgment day not coming until 'dounia ta'khoz zokhrfoha and its inhabitants feel they can conquer everything' I wonder if this describes our current time? I really wish Prophet Mohammed SAW had explained the order of events.. I find myself reading several books none of which agree on what will happen when, just what will happen.. I believe it will all by in concert with the earth's actually laws of physics especially the sun rising from the west.. who knows though.. sob7an Allah..
Do you think the answer was on burned books and notes that through all the decades of wars and humiliation on Mid East lands from Mongol invasion to the British control?

anyhow I am kind of sleepy and have to take care of jimmy swaggart ;D
LOL, Jimmy is already taken care of by Ahmed Deedat (god bless his soul) but i think Michael Bloomberg on the other hand...

:giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling: :giggling:

S_87
05-22-2009, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
no you wouldnt because with those major signs-they are one after another and the biggest fitnah that all the Prophets warned against-the dajjal.
May Allah let us die on Iman

sis gossamer skye, if i recall correctly ibn kathirs book on the last days is in order of this will happen this this then this..... :?

silkworm
07-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Here is more about the Dajaal

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saleh al-Uthaymeen
Taken from His book 'Sharh Lumu'at-ul-'Itiqaad of Imaam Ibn Qudaamah' [pg. 105-110]

Linguistically, Dajjaal is derived from the word dajl, which means lying and impostering. Religiously, it refers to a man who is an imposter and who will appear during the Last Days, claiming lordship.

His emergence is established in the Sunnah as well as the Ijmaa' (consensus). The Prophet (saws) said:

"Say: 'O Allaah, verily I seek refuge in you from the punishment of the Hellfire, and I seek refuge in you from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge in you from the trial of Maseeh Ad-Dajjaal. And I seek refuge in you from the trial of life and death." [1]

"The Prophet (saws) would seek refuge from him during prayer" [2] and the Muslims have agreed upon his emergence.

His story: He will emerge from a road in an area between Shaam (Syria) and 'Iraaq and will begin to call the people to worship him. A majority of the people that will follow him will be from the Jews, women and bedouins. Seventy-thousand Jews from Asfahaan (in present-day Iran) will follow him and he will travel throughout the entire earth, just as the wind blows rain in all directions, except for Makkah and Madeenah, for he will be prevented from entering them.

The length of his stay will be forty days. One day will be like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week and the rest of the days will be as normal. He is one-eyed (i.e. one eye is good and the other is defective) and between his two eyes will be written KA FA RA (i.e. kaafir or disbeliever). Only the believers will be able to read it. He will bring about great trials, some of which are that he will command the heavens and it will rain and he will command the earth and it will produce vegetation. He will have with him a Garden and a Fire. However, his garden will be a fire, and his fire will be a garden.

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) warned of him by saying:

"Whosoever hears of him, then let him distance himself from him. And whosoever has him reach him, then let him recite the opening verses of Surah Kahf upon him" - or - "...let him recite the opening verses of Surah Kahf." [3[

Footnotes:

[1] Saheeh Muslim: Book of Masjids and Places of Prayer (no. 590) from the hadeeth of Ibn 'Abbaas (raa)
[2] Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree: Book of the Call to Prayer (no. 832) and Saheeh Muslim: Book of Masjids and Places of Prayer (no. 589) from the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah (raa). Also in this section is the hadeeth of Abu Hurairah (raa) found in Saheeh Muslim (no. 588)
[3] Refer to the hadeeth of An-Nuwaas Ibn Sam'aan (raa) in Saheeh Muslim: Book of Tribulations (no. 2937)

hrm
08-16-2009, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by silkworm
Here is more about the Dajaal

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saleh al-Uthaymeen
Taken from His book 'Sharh Lumu'at-ul-'Itiqaad of Imaam Ibn Qudaamah' [pg. 105-110]

Linguistically, Dajjaal is derived from the word dajl, which means lying and impostering. Religiously, it refers to a man who is an imposter and who will appear during the Last Days, claiming lordship.

His emergence is established in the Sunnah as well as the Ijmaa' (consensus). The Prophet (saws) said:

"Say: 'O Allaah, verily I seek refuge in you from the punishment of the Hellfire, and I seek refuge in you from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge in you from the trial of Maseeh Ad-Dajjaal. And I seek refuge in you from the trial of life and death." [1]

"The Prophet (saws) would seek refuge from him during prayer" [2] and the Muslims have agreed upon his emergence.

His story: He will emerge from a road in an area between Shaam (Syria) and 'Iraaq and will begin to call the people to worship him. A majority of the people that will follow him will be from the Jews, women and bedouins. Seventy-thousand Jews from Asfahaan (in present-day Iran) will follow him and he will travel throughout the entire earth, just as the wind blows rain in all directions, except for Makkah and Madeenah, for he will be prevented from entering them.

The length of his stay will be forty days. One day will be like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week and the rest of the days will be as normal. He is one-eyed (i.e. one eye is good and the other is defective) and between his two eyes will be written KA FA RA (i.e. kaafir or disbeliever). Only the believers will be able to read it. He will bring about great trials, some of which are that he will command the heavens and it will rain and he will command the earth and it will produce vegetation. He will have with him a Garden and a Fire. However, his garden will be a fire, and his fire will be a garden.

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) warned of him by saying:

"Whosoever hears of him, then let him distance himself from him. And whosoever has him reach him, then let him recite the opening verses of Surah Kahf upon him" - or - "...let him recite the opening verses of Surah Kahf." [3[

Footnotes:

[1] Saheeh Muslim: Book of Masjids and Places of Prayer (no. 590) from the hadeeth of Ibn 'Abbaas (raa)
[2] Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree: Book of the Call to Prayer (no. 832) and Saheeh Muslim: Book of Masjids and Places of Prayer (no. 589) from the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah (raa). Also in this section is the hadeeth of Abu Hurairah (raa) found in Saheeh Muslim (no. 588)
[3] Refer to the hadeeth of An-Nuwaas Ibn Sam'aan (raa) in Saheeh Muslim: Book of Tribulations (no. 2937)

Silkworm :sl::statisfie
Thanks for the reminder about masih Dajjal. Such reminders are heart warming and also keep us aware of where we stand in respect to the events unfolding in this world and also take count of out deeds. The authentic narraation (Isnad) is very helpful at the end. May Allah's blessings be upon As-Sabaayreena ws Sabeeraat. Aameen :wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.