/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sequence of Events

qweretyq
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
I have a question regarding hadith about the Hellfire. I know Allah's power is not limited by space or time, so surely he knows what will go on there, but what about the Prophet? If there are narrations about what goes on there, does that mean Allah told him that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
05-20-2009, 12:05 PM
verse 1-5

Media Tags are no longer supported

qweretyq
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:

Not completely sure what you're asking here, so might be totally missing your point, but when the Prophet SAW spoke about any matter relating to the unseen, there could only have been one possible source for that information and the source would have been Allah.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Correct me if any of this is wrong:

My understanding is that once the world ends, that is when everyone will rise again and be put into heaven/hell. Therefore, the dead as of now are just dead, right? So I know that Propher (SAW) actually visited heaven and hell during Meraj, but how could he have seen people there? For example, in this hadith:

format_quote Originally Posted by Bukhari7.124
(146) On the authority of Usamah bin Zaid (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

The Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said: "On the night of Meraj (Ascension) when I stood at the gate of Paradise, I observed that the bulk of those who entered it were poor people, the rich people had been refused entry. Thereafter people condemned to Hell were ordered to be pushed there, and I noticed that the majority of those who entered it were women."

(Bukhari and Muslim)

Note: The reason the majority of women will go to Hell, as mentioned in this Hadith, is because most women do not appreciate their husbands or what their husbands do for them.
In general, how can hadith involving events of the Day of Judgement be seen by the Prophet? Is he not limited by time?

Yanal
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
:sl:
I think I possibly get what you are asking. Let me get it straight,you are asking how the Prophets know about Hell and what is in it? Yes Allah told them because Allah told his apostles everything either him or the angel.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
qweretyq
05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Well I am not just asking how they know about Hell; of course Allah told them.

What I meant was why does it say he saw people there or how he observed the Day of Judgement, since the day is supposed to come after we are all dead.

- Qatada -
05-23-2009, 04:21 PM
asalaam alaikum

When someone dies, they are placed in their grave. The life in the grave is the life of the Barzakh [the life in between this life and the Judgment Day.]

In the Barzakh, a person may recieve punishment or reward. Some sinful muslims may get punished in the grave, but may not go to the fire after judgment day [since all their sins might be expiated for through the punishment of the grave.]

While someone is in the grave, their souls may be punished with the hellfire or other punishments, or rewarded with Paradise. This is what Allah's Messenger may have seen of peoples punishments.

A window will be open for each person, the good Muslim and the sinner. Seeing their destination.

This verse is used to explain the punishment of the grave;

“While a dreadful doom encompassed Pharaoh's folk.‏The Fire; they are exposed to it morning and evening; and on the day when the Hour upriseth (it is said): Cause Pharaoh’s folk to enter the most awful doom.” (Qur'an Ghafir: 45-46)

So there may be some people whose soul is being punished or rewarded, in paradise or hell. But only AFTER judgment day, people will be rewarded with their soul and body in the life of paradise or hell.

Allah knows best.

Sampharo
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Dear Queretyq,

The Meiraj was a special miracle in not only the rise of the prophet, but also in its display of God's ability and ascendence upon the barriers of space and time. The prophet -pbuh- when he went to the masjid Al-Aqsa first found who? :) He found all the prophets and messengers there. They were not raised from the dead, but were brought from their time to meet with Mohammed SAW without regard to space and time. Similarly when the prophet ascended, he was provided with the miraculous preservation of withstanding the lack of atmosphere and more importantly upon reaching Sidrat Al-Muntaha, withstanding the awe of God's presence, that which Gibreel could not.

Seeing the people being punished as they are in hell, is not really the first thing to be in awe about. :) His Meiraj was to allow him to see with bare eyes the things that has been and things that will be, and seeing the punishment of people in hell was one of them. Brother Qatada's message is also correct regarding being punished in the grave, however (I hope you don't mind Qatada) the punishment in the grave is specifically and physically inside the grave itself, while the prophet saw people under the punishment of hell (banging their heads against rocks until it breaks and then it grows back to be banged again, etc.).

God spare us the torture of the grave and cleanse our sins in our lifetime.

qweretyq
06-02-2009, 02:32 AM
Can you please give me references to where you learned this information? I would like to learn more about Miraj.

Sampharo
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I learned about Israa and Miraj a long time ago and from Arabic paper books and listening to lectures from scholars and teachers. The details of it is found fully in Seera books like Al-Bidaya Wannihaya for Ibn Kathir and the Biography of the Prophet and others.

For some english online articles, here is an inspired not so long version by Amr Khaled in English:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I.../2008/01.shtml

This link specifically references that the prophet saw scenes of punishment in Hellfire:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I.../2008/03.shtml

One with more details about the ascention itself:

http://www.islamawareness.net/Isra/miracle.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.