/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Effects of Charitable deeds

naseem
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
A true story in which the relation between the Holy Quraan, the saying of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho alaihi wasallam and the circumstances is proved:

Allah All Mighty said in the Holy Qur’aan:

When they are told “fear that which is before you and that which is after you (that which already happened in the past and that which is happening now) so that you may get Mercy (but they don’t care).
Nor a Sign comes to them from the Signs of their Lord but they turn away from it,

(The English translation of the verses 45 and 46 of Surah Yaseen.)

Meanings of a Hadith (in my own words): with hidden charity Allah’s anger cools down and bad death is prevented. Also according to another Hadith, a sister or daughter without husband (i.e. widow, etc) is the best sadaqa (charity).

Story: once a terrible hail storm hit a place and destroyed all plants and crops within about 20 miles area. The plants (which were full of fruits) were destroyed so badly that not a leaf was left on them and the crops looked like pointed sticks stuck out of the ground.

The inhabitants of this place were mostly hard-hearted people who didn’t give charity. They were so hardhearted that parents and brothers didn’t care about sisters who were deprived of their husbands through divorce or death of the husband.

At this time, I saw a house located in the midst of the hail-struck area which had a grape vine full of grapes. I was surprised to see the vine full of green leaves. According to the verses given I always observe the circumstances around me and take lesson from them. So I became curious about the people of the house. What quality did they have which caused the protection of the plants in their house.

Soon Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aIaa gave me a chance to know the cause. My brother told me that one of his friend’s aunt (the sister of his father) was sick. He requested that I (a medical doctor) should visit the family and see the patient. So I visited them. I was surprised to see that the family lived in the same blessed house. I came to know that the sick person was an old unmarried woman with a congenital abnormality of her back due to which she couldn’t walk properly. She was ill and was comfortably kept in a clean bed. The members of the family were giving her all care and services which she needed. So I got the answer: the care and services given to a sick, handicapped sister was the cause of protection of the garden from the storm.
Surely (in this happening) is a sign for those who reflect. (Those who reflect are the people of wisdom.)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.