/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Touching girls?

Zizou05
05-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Is it ok to touch a girl? I mean I know its not ok to like make sexual pleasure out of it but is it ok to like clap hands, just saying hi and stuff along those lines. Because I live in the UK and over here its all like that. Its not an Islamic country so its hard to get away from that kind of stuff.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
05-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Salaam,

I live in the UK, and I get along with everyone in my school without purposefully touching them. Do you really need to say hi by clapping hands etc. ? So, in short, as a Muslim, no, it's not OK to touch girls. Hope that answers your question.

Fe Amaanillah.

$tranger
05-20-2009, 07:08 PM
---

nebula
05-20-2009, 07:12 PM
its good you asked this question bro, its not allowed for us to touch the opposite sex such as shaking hands or other bad stuff, however you can shake hands with ur sister or brother blood ones i.e. the women you are mahram to.
Bro you should try and avoid talking to women because 1 sin leads to another.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-20-2009, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zizou05
Is it ok to touch a girl? I mean I know its not ok to like make sexual pleasure out of it but is it ok to like clap hands, just saying hi and stuff along those lines. Because I live in the UK and over here its all like that. Its not an Islamic country so its hard to get away from that kind of stuff.
no its not ok

alot of us are from here in the UK, the reason you'd be asking this is because you must have friends that are girls or you might know some, you see you're not supposed to have any kind of contact with girls let alone be touchin em

so the best thing for you if is to stay away and avoid them, that way you won't have to worry about these kind of things and you'll be staying away from haraam

chacha_jalebi
05-20-2009, 07:36 PM
its easy bro, theres two ways to it, dont wana shake your hand you stink:D

or two, say im scared if i shake your hand i might not wana let go:p and HOPEFULLY you wont get slapped:D and if you dont, then the girl will take it as a compliment and then gradually in the conversation you can bring up islaam and say i didnt shake your hand for religious reasons and this will be like dawah aswell :D

people do air high fives aswell lol through the air, :X

Sahabiyaat
05-21-2009, 07:20 AM
say im scared if i shake your hand i might not wana let go and HOPEFULLY you wont get slapped

you will get slapped, even if she takes it as a compliment, to save her dignity, she'd give you a thapar! :raging:

shaking hands is pretty formal...and you wont need to be in a situation like that all the time.

im sorry but i really detest the exucse of 'i live in a non muslim country therefore i must follow the customs'! .No u dont!

and as said before , if you didnt have female friends to begin with you wouldnt have to worry about this.

I cant think of a situation where you'd have to touch intentionally...unless its shaking hands, or some sort of organised activity...

Abu Sukkar
05-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Bro unless your saving her life from imminent death then you have NO reason to touch a woman.

Like the poster above correctly said Islam cuts it off at the root.
We are firm on this so it stops the later spread of any further haram/munkar or fahisha.

It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”
Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486. Shaykh al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045, that this hadeeth is saheeh.

Regardless of country, time or any other factor you should not be touching any woman.

That is someones sister, someones daughter and we would not wish for anyone to be touching our women.

Remember bro the big fire is made of small twigs.
Little evil deeds like this build up until the heart becomes black and then there is nothing a man will not do.

Here is a detailed answer to your question.
If you have anymore please ask.

Shaking hands with a non-maham woman

I would like a detailed answer on the ruling on a man shaking hands with a woman, and the views of the four imams and the majority of scholars on that.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It is not permissible for a man who believes in Allaah and His Messenger to put his hand in the hand of a women who is not permissible for him or who is not one of his mahrams. Whoever does that has wronged himself (i.e., sinned).

It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”
Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486. Shaykh al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5045, that this hadeeth is saheeh.

This hadeeth alone is sufficient to deter and to instill the obedience required of us by Allaah, because it implies that touching women may lead to temptation and immorality.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the believing women migrated to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), they would be tested in accordance with the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

‘O Prophet! When believing women come to you to give you the Bay‘ah (pledge), that they will not associate anything in worship with Allaah, that they will not steal, that they will not commit illegal sexual intercourse’

[al-Mumtahanah 60:12]

‘Aa’ishah said: Whoever among the believing women agreed to that had passed the test, and when the women agreed to that, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to them: “Go, for you have given your oath of allegiance.’ No, by Allaah, the hand of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched the hand of any woman, rather they would give their oath of allegiance with words only.” And ‘Aa’ishah said: “By Allaah, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) only took the oath of allegiance from the women in the manner prescribed by Allaah, and the hand of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched the hand of any woman. When he had taken their oath of allegiance he would say, ‘I have accepted your oath of allegiance verbally.’”

(narrated by Muslim, 1866)

It was narrated from ‘Urwah that ‘Aa’ishah told him about the women’s oath of allegiance: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never touched any woman with his hand. He would explain to the woman what the oath of allegiance implied, and when she accepted, he would say ‘Go, for you have given your oath of allegiance.’”

Narrated by Muslim, 1866

This infallible one, the best of mankind, the leader of the sons of Adam on the Day of Resurrection, did not touch women. This is despite the fact that the oath of allegiance was originally given by hand. So how about men other than the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?

It was narrated that Umaymah the daughter of Raqeeqah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “I do not shake hands with women.”
Narrated by al-Nasaa’i (4181) and Ibn Maajah, 2874; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2513.

Secondly:

It is not permissible to shake hands even with a barrier in between, such as shaking hands from beneath a garment and the like. The hadeeth that was narrated allowing that is da’eef (weak).
It was narrated from Ma’qal ibn Yassaar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to shake hands with women from beneath a garment.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat, 2855.

Al-Haythami said:

This was narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and al-Awsat. Its isnaad includes ‘Ataab ibn Harb, who is da’eef (weak).

Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 6/39.

Wali al-Deen al-‘Iraaqi said:

The words of ‘Aa’ishah, “He used to accept the women’s oath of allegiance by words only” mean that he did so without taking their hands or shaking hands with them. This indicates that the bay’ah of men was accepted by taking their hands and shaking hands with them, as well as by words, and this is how it was. What ‘Aa’ishah mentioned was the custom.

Some of the mufassireen mentioned that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called for a vessel of water and dipped his hand in it, then the women dipped their hands in it. And some of them said that he did not shake hands with them from behind a barrier and had a Qatari cloak over his hand. And it was said that ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) shook hands with them on his behalf. None of these reports are sound, especially the last one, How could ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) have done something that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who was ma’soom (infallible), would not do?

Tarh al-Tathreeb, 7/45

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The most correct view is that this (i.e., shaking hands with women from behind a barrier) is not allowed at all, because of the general meaning of the hadeeth, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “I do not shake hands with women;” and so as to ward off the means that may lead to evil.

(Adapted from Hashiyat Majmoo’at Rasaa’il fi’l-Hijaab wa’l-Sufoor, p. 69)

The same ruling applies to shaking hands with old women; this is also haraam because of the general meaning of the texts on this issue. The reports that say it is permissible are da’eef (weak).

Al-Zayla’i said:

“As for the report that ‘Abu Bakr used to shake hands with old women, it is also ghareeb.”

(Nasab al-Raayah, 4/240)

Ibn Hajar said:

I cannot find this hadeeth.

(al-Diraayah fi Takhreej Ahaadeeth al-Hidaayah, 2/225)

Fourthly:

With regard to the views of the four imams, they are as follows:

1 – The Hanafi madhhab:

Ibn Nujaym said:

It is not permissible for a man to touch a woman’s face or hands even if there is no risk of desire because it is haraam in principle and there is no necessity that would allow it.

Al-Bahr al-Raa’iq, 8/219

2 – The Maaliki madhhab:

Muhammad ibn Ahmad (‘Ulaysh) said:

It is not permissible for a man to touch the face or hand of a non-mahram woman, and it is not permissible for him to put his hand on hers without a barrier. ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never accepted a woman’s oath of allegiance by shaking hands with her; rather he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to accept their oath of allegiance by words only.” According to another report, “His hand never touched the hand of a woman, rather he would accept their oath of allegiance by words only.”

(Manh al-Jaleel Sharh Mukhtasar Khaleel, 1/223)

3 – The Shaafa’i madhhab:

Al-Nawawi said:

It is not permissible to touch a woman in any way.

Al-Majmoo’, 4/515.

Wali al-Deen al-‘Iraaqi said:

This indicates that the hand of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not touch the hand of any woman apart from his wives and concubines, whether in the case of accepting the oath of allegiance or in other cases. If he did not do that despite the fact that he was infallible and beyond suspicion, then it is even more essential that others heed this prohibition. It appears from the texts that he refrained from doing that because it was haraam for him to do so. The fuqaha’ among our companions and others said that it is haraam to touch a non-mahram woman even if that is not touching parts of her body that are not ‘awrah, such as her face. But they differed with regard to looking when there is no desire and no fear of fitnah. The prohibition on touching is stronger than the prohibition on looking, and it is haraam when there is no necessity that would allow it. If it is the case of necessity, e.g. medical treatment, removing a tooth or treating the eyes, etc., if there is no woman who can do that, then it is permissible for a non-mahram to do that because it is the case of necessity.

Tarh al-Tathreeb, 7/45, 46

4 – The Hanbali madhhab

Ibn Muflih said:

Abu ‘Abd-Allaah – i.e., Imam Ahmad – was asked about a man who shakes hands with a woman. He said, No, and was emphatic that it is haraam. I said, Should he shake hands with her from beneath his garment? He said, No.

Shaykh Taqiy al-Deen also favoured the view that it is prohibited, and gave the reason that touching is more serious than looking.

AlAdaab al-Shar’iyyah, 2/257

And Allaah knows best

Muslim Woman
05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
:sl:

Is it ok to touch a girl? .
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Allah warns us to keep away from anything that may lead us to do immoral acts. Touching is an easy tool for Satan to mislead us.

So , keep a safe physical distance from the opposite sex.

syilla
05-21-2009, 08:44 AM
:salamext:

If you come to Malaysia please don't do that... Then everyone around you will give you the 'look'. :D

Cabdullahi
05-21-2009, 09:08 AM
WHY? do you want to touch girls????!!?! they smell

GreyKode
05-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Its just pathetic how people nowadays want to find excuses for things that are obviously haram and claim that it's just a practical matter.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
im sorry but i really detest the exucse of 'i live in a non muslim country therefore i must follow the customs'! .No u dont!
exactly. there are hundreds of Muslims in your situation who have avoided sinning even in teh worst situations.

the best way not to fall into these traps, is don't go near them at ALL...people respond when attention is given to them, so avoid anything that may give you that attention such as dissociating yourself from them...i mean only associate with males. and also, grow a beard. they make a girl run right away (other than marriage)...

AnonymousPoster
05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
i dont mean to offend anyone but, why is it that people say grow a beard it will make women stay away etc etc, i think beards are beautiful they shouldnt be used to repulse people.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-23-2009, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i dont mean to offend anyone but, why is it that people say grow a beard it will make women stay away etc etc, i think beards are beautiful they shouldnt be used to repulse people.
of course. i didn't mean for it to repulse people, but consider a brother's beard like a girls hijab. the beard isn't used to repulse people, but when a brother grows his beard, it definatley makes "her" think twice about the way she may talk/approach them... whether the sis is religious or not. in other words a brother beard is his hijaab (thats not from an Islamic perspective btw, just my 2 cents)...

i hope that makes sense...

Sahabiyaat
05-23-2009, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
well, i think if they look like an unkempt bush, with bits of last nights din din in it, ..kinda repulsive ;D

Zizou05
05-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry but did I say Ive actually done it? Its not an excuse, its the truth. Living in a country like this where everyone wears mini skirts in the Summer, where everyone goes out drinking on Saturday nights. Its not exactly like living in Saudi or somewhere like that. The society around here is much much less Islamic. Thats why I plan to move to Dubai in the future but Im only 16. Im still in education so I have to stay here. I only asked a simple question, Im not making an excuse for myself.

AhlaamBella
05-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry but did I say Ive actually done it? Its not an excuse, its the truth. Living in a country like this where everyone wears mini skirts in the Summer, where everyone goes out drinking on Saturday nights. Its not exactly like living in Saudi or somewhere like that. The society around here is much much less Islamic. Thats why I plan to move to Dubai in the future but Im only 16. Im still in education so I have to stay here. I only asked a simple question, Im not making an excuse for myself.
Just answering your question bro. I understand its hard. A guy in class at college grabbed me and took a photo of us together before I had a chance to process what was happening. It is difficult in situations like that but if you're close enough to the person for them to expect touching etc then you are close enough to explain you're not into that stuff. You don't have to bring religion into it because there is a chance it could cause offence depending on the person.

aadil77
05-23-2009, 08:36 PM
You don't need to move to dubai to avoid these problems as you could have the same problems there, you just need to learn to control yourself. And you don't need to quote to us what this country is like, many of us live here and have no problems with with this and you're 16 where the hell can a 16 year old go on saturday nights? and so what if girls are wearin miniskirts is this causin you to 'touch' them? it just looks like you're making excuses because many muslims live in non 'islamic' countries and they find ways are around it. Looks like you should get yourself some new male company preferrebly muslim and stop all contact any girls you've been hangin around with.

Faith.
05-23-2009, 08:43 PM
By mini skirts, I take it your talking about non-muslims. I live in the UK, and bro no offence or anything, but not everybody goes drinking on saturdays. If I recall no one I know does. It's actually not that bad, and it's definatly no excuse.

Yeah UK is not so innocent as Saudi is. I totally agree with you, but Its not as worse as your making it out as. No one is forcing you to do anything.

There are plenty of muslims who are in your situation. They gotta deal with what you trying to deal with. It is hard trying not to sin when temptation is always around you. You gotta stay above it. Stay around the company of good people and you'll find it much easier to avoid these type of things in the future

Sorry if it came across that I was having a go at you. That wasn't my intention.
:w:

Yanal
05-25-2009, 03:27 AM
It is haaram because the third person between a man and a women is the Shytaan,the touch might tempt you and your friend to do something wrong but inshAllah that will not happen because you now found out that it is haaram,why say hi? Get a good deed and say Salam without touching her.

Tony
05-27-2009, 10:54 PM
touching girls as a thread starter is a bit sickly do we not think, makes me think of sweaty palmed old giffers in the park. it not only leads to hell, but "touching girls" will also lead to law suits empty wallets jail terms, and big hairy knuckle scraper boyfriends with white power tattoo.s u will end up being the touched girl if u dont keep ur hands to urself boy:D

Sahabiyaat
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
loll.

SistaSista
05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Salam,

Lmco,(laughing my cheeks off) that was funny, I think you might need some better company, or you may end up following satan down the path to touch the girls, in the mini skirts, drinking on a saturday night. That sounds bad bro. May be go to the mosque and join muslim youth project or start one!! You are 16, how come you dont know its not right to touch or talk with girls?

The Ruler
05-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Is it ok to touch a girl?
No. It's not.

but is it ok to like clap hands,
How do you clap hands with a girl? *_* You mean shake hands?

just saying hi and stuff along those lines.
You said you're 16, right? So you must either be in year 11 or in college. At that age, no girl ever extends their hand to a guy for a polite handshake upon meet. Either they're all over the guy (which is as much the guy's fault as the girl's) or they're miles away huddled in a group of girls.

Because I live in the UK and over here its all like that.
No, it most certainly is not. O_O In my life of mixed school, girls' school, Islamic school (where the segragation is as good as a semi permeable membrane), never have I had to shake hands -or clap hands, rather- with a male.

bob123
05-30-2009, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
its good you asked this question bro, its not allowed for us to touch the opposite sex such as shaking hands or other bad stuff, however you can shake hands with ur sister or brother blood ones i.e. the women you are mahram to.
Bro you should try and avoid talking to women because 1 sin leads to another.
where do you get your info from....you said that you can't shake hands with opposite sex. it doesn't say any where in the quran you can't shake hands. its because of misinformation like this that has people staying away from islam.

nebula
05-30-2009, 10:09 PM
As muslims we must follow the Quran and the sunnah of the last Prophet Muhammed pbuh, what the Prophet told us to do wasn't what he felt like, it was what Allah told him which then he told us,

here read this its a hadeeth,

The hadith in question is a narration of Ma'qil ibn Yasaar (Radhiallahu Anhu) who narrates that Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: "It is better for an iron rod (nail, needle etc) to be driven into the head of a man, than for him to touch a woman who is not permissible for him." The hadith is narrated by the great Hafiz of Hadith , at-Tabrani, in his al-Mu'jam al-Kabir (Vol.20 Pg.211) and by the Muhaddith al-Ruyaani, in his Musnad (Vol.2 Pg.323).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.