/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pocket PC question (fast help needed pls)

جوري
05-21-2009, 03:22 AM
I don't know if any of the folks in England can help but I am open to suggestions

I have a pocket PC phone 6700 from verizon

.. it has alot of information stored on a 4 gig memory card... my phone of this moment is dead and there is no reviving it and the touch screen goes whack in fact it has been dialing people randomly too or going on speaker phone while I am sleeping it is really odd (possessed) and terribly embarrassing since I keep calling people from my landline to apologize..it has been doing that for a while but now it is just strange and random, there need not be any contact with the screen even..

now my question is (I need to stay with the same company verizon) I don't quite know the name of the memory card I am using but I need to upgrade to a better phone that will basically take the 6700 info and stick it in the new phone.. verizon phones (don't use sim cards) so pls reply to me if you know what I am talking about with a better version that will take my current card and work with that company..

pls advise asap, I rely completely on my phone and so I need a quick replacement..

Jazakoum Allah khyran

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
05-21-2009, 03:39 AM
:salamext:

I'm not sure the technology that is being used there in England, there must have a better and higher tech :D

However in Malaysia, usually there are two type of memory stick... mini or micro. It is written there on the memory stick.

Nowdays...more mobile using micro. You can just use it to the new mobile that compatible with the type of stick memory you are using.

جوري
05-21-2009, 03:44 AM
ok.. but what new mobile should I get that is excellent and won't die on me after a year.. I only had this one for about a year ....

syilla
05-21-2009, 03:53 AM
Oh yeah... actually you can copy everything temporary in the PC/laptop. If you have contacts...when you sync it...you can find everything on the outlook

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-21-2009, 03:55 AM
right now I can't even turn it on.. I mean even without the memory card, I am really in a bind. It happened before the connection to the battery but now there is no fixing it.. I have no phone of this moment lol

syilla
05-21-2009, 04:03 AM
you can take the memory stick out right? what is written on it? Another way is using card reader

جوري
05-21-2009, 04:06 AM
I cant get it to work at all, but I have to at least retrieve phone numbers and I can't do any of that, also there are pictures that are saved on it and a host of things I really neeeeeeeeed this piece of crap to turn on...

I am sorry I am kind of annoyed.. I wish I can just get it to turn on first, I'd even take the number manually if I could.. imsad

syilla
05-21-2009, 04:11 AM
to most of the mobiles, to take the memory stick out you don't need to on the mobile. :)

جوري
05-21-2009, 04:13 AM
yes sis, but I only have info pertaining to work on the memory card.. everything else like important phone numbers are on the phone itself and verizon doesn't use SIM cards it goes on the phone itself..

syilla
05-21-2009, 04:16 AM
erm...i think most of the pocket pc will copy all the contacts in the sim card into the memory stick ukhtee.

جوري
05-21-2009, 04:17 AM
sis there are no sims with verizon ..

syilla
05-21-2009, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
sis there are no sims with verizon ..
*oops sorry...i've misslooked that. I've used three pocket pcs ....and usually they'll copy everything (contacts) into the memory stick.

Have you ever sync with your computer?

جوري
05-21-2009, 04:26 AM
yes normal civilized phones do not stupid american phones imsad

syilla
05-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Ukhtee...i'm out for lunch now. InshaAllah i'll try to reply more.

But here i've find a forum where they ask how to move the contact details from verizon mobile.

http://www.wirelessforums.org/alt-ce...385-48758.html

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...2075908AABrUoL

syilla
05-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Probably i can't help you much for now... but don't despair...i'll try to help untill you can move everything out...lol! :D

Lina
05-21-2009, 04:38 AM
:sl:

That is annoying indeed. Whats up with these phones. Mine has been embarassing me constantly. It just decides to shut down at every given moment. And those moments are just when im having an important phone call and i cant call them back cuz the number disappears and theyre like; ''did she just hang up on me?''

Awkward!

I need a new phone.

جوري
05-21-2009, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Probably i can't help you much for now... but don't despair...i'll try to help untill you can move everything out...lol! :D
Jazaki Allah khyran will look into it.. I just want it to take care of my other probs but I am too exhausted of the day I have had imsad

format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
:sl:

That is annoying indeed. Whats up with these phones. Mine has been embarassing me constantly. It just decides to shut down at every given moment. And those moments are just when im having an important phone call and i cant call them back cuz the number disappears and theyre like; ''did she just hang up on me?''

Awkward!

I need a new phone.
I have had one of the worst days ever today, in every which way imaginable and I can't use my useless phone..

both my brother in law and nephew ended up hospitalized today.. I am very worried about my 11 month old nephew, my mind is telling me it isn't the swine flu but fear overtakes me with all the cases we've had in NY.. I can't get in touch with my br to see what is up, and my niece is sleeping her tonight since her dad was in the hospital and my sis went to see him (don't even know what his sickness is about yet) I can't use the landline because it makes so much noise I don't want to wake her.. that plus I literally only had 6 hrs of sleep over the past two days combined.. I have no idea what is going on but am beyond annoyed today...

pls make du3a for my little moustapha that Allah swt grants him a fast recovery ameena ya rabb... and for my br in law too what the heck I guess he is family

I really need to sleep now..
gnight insha'Allah
:w:

Yanal
05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Same problem with my Itouch,all I do is connect it with the charge and it recovers,but if that does not help aswell I recommend you putting the phone in a safe place from everyone and go pray 2 Nafl that is what I do and by the time I come back it mashAllah is normal,if you do that you have saved light for the charger,prayed and recovered your phone. My suggestion do not text to fast so the mobile cannot stay with your typing,thats what I have learned with being with a Ipod Touch and posting fast and long stuff.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.