/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Abrahamic Prayers

Zico
05-21-2009, 05:02 AM
It seems the new thread that I posted wasn't posted but anyways...

I am really amazed at the close resemblance between the three Abrahamic faiths in praying. Check this out!

Ancient Jewish Prayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXE2brxtg8

Ancient Christian Prayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLFeldPG3Y

amazing isn't it? Yet some people claim Islam is not Abrahamic in any way :rollseyes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zico
05-21-2009, 03:22 PM
It begs a question though, is the Gospel of Barnabas (the gospel that we believe is the closest to the teachings of Islam) teach this?

Follower
05-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Problem - the Gospel of Barnabas was written too far removed from the time of Jesus. There is no proof that it is nothing more then a forgery.

This is sometimes confused with the Epistle of Barnabas that was written in 200 AD.

Zafran
05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Zico
It begs a question though, is the Gospel of Barnabas (the gospel that we believe is the closest to the teachings of Islam) teach this?
who told you that???

However it clearly shows that the prayer or Salat is nothing radically new - It was clearly commanded by God to the people before us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zico
05-21-2009, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Salaam

who told you that???
I apologize for not being clear, I suppose I would've wrote "I might be wrong" at the end the sentence.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
However it clearly shows that the prayer or Salat is nothing radically new - It was clearly commanded by God to the people before us.
Yet we find a lot of Jews and Christians don't pray this way. So in a sense it is radically new them.

Zico
05-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Any Christians out there know this? If yes then did you ask yourself why don't your church teach you? If no, then what does this say about Islam continuing the Abrahamic tradition? (Meaning why aren't you convinced that Islam is here to continue the way of the teachings of Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) that neither Judaism and Christianity fulfilled it's actual duty?)

convert
05-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I believe that Eastern Orthodox Christians and some Catholic sects still do full prostrations in some liturgical services.

Follower
05-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Yes we know there are many different positions to assume when praying. As far ar I know a Christian is allowed to pray in any position.

The main point being what is in your heart.

convert
05-21-2009, 05:22 PM
The issue at hand: these practices above surely came from Biblical references and/or Jewish tradition. What prompted the abrogation of said rituals for the "any method approach"? This may stem from the protestant reformation, correct?

Zico
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
The issue at hand: these practices above surely came from Biblical references and/or Jewish tradition. What prompted the abrogation of said rituals for the "any method approach"? This may stem from the protestant reformation, correct?
This is exactly what I am wondering about too. Anybody knows?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.