/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if this email is true?

egyptballer
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Assalam walkium brothers and sisters ,I have recently recieved this email and was wondering if it was true.

Email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS NOT A FICTITIOUS STORY... IT IS REAL AND VERIFIABLE ...

Vander Hoven, a psychologist from Netherlands, announced his new discovery about the effect of reading the Qur'aan and repeating the word ALLAH both on patients and on normal persons. The Dutch professor confirms his discovery with studies and research applied on many patients over a period of three years. Some of his patients were non-Muslims, others do not speak Arabic and were trained to pronounce the word 'ALLAH' clearly; the result was great, particularly on those who suffer from dejection and tension. Al Watan, a Saudi daily reported that the psychologist was quoted to say that Muslims who can read Arabic and who read the Quran regularly could protect themselves from psychological diseases.

The psychologist explained how each letter in the word 'ALLAH' affects healing of psychological diseases. He pointed out in his research that pronouncing the first letter in the word 'ALLAH' which is the letter (A), released from the respiratory system, controls breathing. He added that pronouncing the velar consonant (L) in the Arabic way, with the tongue touching slightly the upper part of the jaw producing a short pause and then repeating the same pause constantly, relaxes the aspiration.

Also, pronouncing the last letter which is the letter (H) makes a contact between the lungs and the heart and in turn this contact controls the heartbeat. What is exciting in the study is that this psychologist is a non-Muslim, but interested in Islamic sciences and searching for the secrets of the HolYQuran Allah, The Great and Glorious, says, We will show them Our signs in the universe and in their ownselves, until it becomes manifest to (remember me in ur Dua) ALLAHU AKBAR Allah is great Allah keeps me going day and night. Without Allah, I am no one. But with Allah, I can do everything. Allah is my strength.' This is a simple test. If you love Allah and you are not ashamed of all the great things that he has done for you, send this to everyone you know, May Allah help u to succeed...Ameen

During the next 60 seconds, stop whatever you are doing, and take this opportunity. (Literally it is only 1 minute) All you have to do is the following: You simply say 'A prayer' for the person that sent you this message.

Allah said, 'If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you.' If you are not ashamed, send this message...only if you believe. 'Yes, I love Allah. Allah is my fountain of Life and My Savior.
JazaaK 'Allah.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
05-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Verify it.

Snowflake
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Indeed the Quran contains healing and mercy..

The echo of sound has a medical effect and is now widely utilized. The recitation of the Qur'an or listening to the same has a wholesome effect on the body, the heart and the mind. It is said that the letter 'alif' echoes to the heart and the letter 'ya' echoes in the pineal gland in the brain. Dr. Ahmed El Kadi of Akber Clinic (Panama City, Florida) conducted and has published the effects of listening to the Quranic recitation on physiological parameters i.e. the heart rate, the blood pressure and the muscle tension and reported improvement in all, irrespective of whether the listener is a Muslim or non-Muslim, Arab or non-Arab.
http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...anagement.html

Whatsthepoint
05-21-2009, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Indeed the Quran contains healing and mercy..

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...anagement.html
Verify this as well.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
05-21-2009, 08:04 PM
repeating the word ALLAH
"mystics ["Muslim" jogis]" do it with that or with "hu" and Hindus do it with "Om" any short word will do to induce a certain trance like or hypnotic effect on the mind

@ OP

which of the following is going to make you like me?

1. egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer,
  2. egyptballer is, egyptballer is egyptballer is egyptballer is egyptballer is egyptballer is
  3. egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good

egyptballer
05-23-2009, 10:16 PM
which of the following is going to make you like me?

egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer, egyptballer,
egyptballer is, egyptballer is egyptballer is egyptballer is egyptballer is egyptballer is
egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good egyptballer is is good

I don't quite understand please explain.inshAllah

doorster
05-23-2009, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by egyptballer
I don't quite understand please explain.inshAllah
first tell me the difference between egyptballer, egyptballer is, and egyptballer is good (ie which one has a message or meaning in a conversation between 2 beings)

:w:

egyptballer
05-23-2009, 10:33 PM
first tell me the difference between egyptballer, egyptballer is, and egyptballer is good (ie which one has a message or meaning in a conversation between 2 beings)

Oh,I understand know.Well "egyptballer is good" has a positive meaning to it.
If you are referring to this

Allah(swt)-God

Allahu-God is

Allahu Akbar-God is the Greatest

Yes Allahu Akbar would be the best to say.

doorster
05-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh, I understand now.Well "egyptballer is good" has a positive meaning to it.
If you are referring to this

Allah(swt)-God

Allahu-God is

Allahu Akbar-God is the Greatest

Yes Allahu Akbar would be the best to say.
Jazakallah khair!!!

:) wasalam

egyptballer
05-24-2009, 01:58 AM
I received another email stating that Sajda neutralizes the electromagnetic effects on the human body.Any comments on that subject?

Yanal
05-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Is the sender known to you or your friends?

doorster
05-24-2009, 02:23 AM
I received another email stating that Sajda neutralizes the electromagnetic effects on the human body.Any comments on that subject?
I do not know about that but all the timings of and positions in Salat do have a bodily and mental benefit in other words Salat is very good for my health

egyptballer
05-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Is the sender known to you or your friends?

No the email didn't state the original sender.I received it from one of my close friends.

Also:How do I edit my thread title because I misspelled 'is' to 'ids'.

doorster
05-24-2009, 03:23 AM
How do I edit my thread title because I misspelled 'is' to 'ids'
you can only do that after making another 27 posts (even then it will be too late to edit the title because for some weird reason you can only change titles for a very short time) maybe if you report your thread asking for change of title, a staff member might do it.
Limited Member Status

KAding
05-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Assalam walkium brothers and sisters ,I have recently recieved this email and was wondering if it was true.

Email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS NOT A FICTITIOUS STORY... IT IS REAL AND VERIFIABLE ...

Vander Hoven, a psychologist from Netherlands, announced his new discovery about the effect of reading the Qur'aan and repeating the word ALLAH both on patients and on normal persons.

<snip>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?
Well, this psychologists name is spelled wrongly, which is not a good sign. A valid Dutch name would be "van der Hoven", not Vander Hoven. The fact that no references are given about the institution this psychologist works for does not bode well either. It is a classic hallmark of hoaxes to fail to give any references that make it possible to double check the story.

The only point of reference we do have is a wrongly spelled name, which even if we correct it does not actually return any results on google except for this story. Consequently, I think it is ighly likely that this story is a fake and this "Vander Hoven" psychologist does not actually exist.

egyptballer
05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Well, this psychologists name is spelled wrongly, which is not a good sign. A valid Dutch name would be "van der Hoven", not Vander Hoven. The fact that no references are given about the institution this psychologist works for does not bode well either. It is a classic hallmark of hoaxes to fail to give any references that make it possible to double check the story.

The only point of reference we do have is a wrongly spelled name, which even if we correct it does not actually return any results on google except for this story. Consequently, I think it is ighly likely that this story is a fake and this "Vander Hoven" psychologist does not actually exist.

Yes,there is no reference but since I don't know much about the subject I will not impose my judgments.

Also I found a site that supposedly tells you if an email is true or not true.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/

Yanal
05-24-2009, 02:49 PM
I bet that was searched on google and first website click and there you have it. Right?

egyptballer
05-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I bet that was searched on google and first website click and there you have it. Right?

Well,I actually found this site a while back and I don't remember how I found it.But there is a possibility that i found it on Google.What is your point?:)

Yanal
05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
No point just predicting. But that link may clarify the doubts or increase them as you do not know where google gets it's resources from.

Woodrow
05-24-2009, 02:55 PM

Also:How do I edit my thread title because I misspelled 'is' to 'ids'.
:sl:

No worry. A sweet, lovable admin saw it and has edited it.

egyptballer
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
No point just predicting. But that link may clarify the doubts or increase them as you do not know where google gets it's resources from.
Yes,indeed if it is powered by Google.Otherwise if it is just in Google's search results it wouldn't be affiliated by Google.

egyptballer
05-24-2009, 02:58 PM

No worry. A sweet, lovable admin saw it and has edited it.

JazakrAllah Khair,
I wonder who is this so called sweet, lovable admin.
:statisfie

Yanal
05-24-2009, 03:00 PM
^zAk:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.