/* */

PDA

View Full Version : poets

Tony
05-22-2009, 02:23 PM
ok people, any poets who post work here, how do you feel about compiling work for a book and giving proceeds to an islamic charity. if any one can offer ideas for getting published or funding it etc please help. lets use what talents Allah bestowed on us to help others. need anyone who knows about marketing, copyright and distibution also. Insha'Allah we can do this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Im in brother........!

Yanal
05-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Me too! If you do not mind a 13 year old being in it...

Tony
05-23-2009, 11:34 PM
:bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1:: bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::b ump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bu mp1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bum p1::bump1::D:D:D:D:D:D:bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1: :bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1:: bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::b ump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bu mp1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1::bump1:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-23-2009, 11:45 PM
MashaAllah, you made a thread for it! Brilliant start. There is an Islamic publishing place near me. I can ask them about anything related to publishing. I did have an idea but suddenly it seems undercooked :-\

Tony
05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
MashaAllah, you made a thread for it! Brilliant start. There is an Islamic publishing place near me. I can ask them about anything related to publishing. I did have an idea but suddenly it seems undercooked :-\
share it sis, Im winging it but sure we can do it. Tried to go to islamic poetry.org and muslim writers but having difficulty posting there etc. Maybe we could all just donate, get people to pick ones they like and print ourselves. Anyhow we started it now:D:D

Abu Sukkar
05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Can i play?

Yanal
05-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Anyone can play,you just need the following:
-a brain
-a computer(optional)
-and a good poem

So when are we starting?

Tony
05-24-2009, 12:10 AM
yes more the merrier. So Alpha where shall we stockpile poems, what if we post in this thread the ones we thimk suitable. we need a theme I think any ideas on this, Maybe good deeds or spaending in the way of Allah that which he gives us

Yanal
05-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Maybe a moderator can edit this title to "Poets brainstorming Area" and you make another thread where you an me post applicants that we get by PM,and that thread will be a clean one where we only post poems and discuss them here if needed. How about that?

Tony
05-24-2009, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Maybe a moderator can edit this title to "Poets brainstorming Area" and you make another thread where you an me post applicants that we get by PM,and that thread will be a clean one where we only post poems and discuss them here if needed. How about that?
would give my reps if possible. bro its genius. gonna have to go soon now tho, tired out and jet li on tv nearly finished !:D

Yanal
05-24-2009, 12:23 AM
So we will inshAllah discuss this tommorow?

@ reps are not important,duas are.:)

Tony
05-24-2009, 12:29 AM
So we will inshAllah discuss this tommorow?

@ reps are not important,duas are.:)
yes brother with fresh heads on. good night

Na7lah
05-24-2009, 12:42 AM
sounds like a great idea mashallah :) i'll enter inshallah

*edit* i think this is in the wrong section

Yanal
05-24-2009, 01:18 AM
It is. It's not a contest sister,it is a fun thing that we are posting poems and they are being collected. It's for fun no competition.

Na7lah
05-24-2009, 02:02 AM
i understand ^
So all the poems will be compiled into a book right? Any guidelines or anything of that sort?

Yanal
05-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Not yet brother Tony is sleeping at the moment and as you might have read we will think/brainstorm about this tommorow and inshAllah will come up with something. Remember not all poems are going to be accepted.

Yanal
05-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Btw I think I found out why this is in this section. The reason is that the poems are going to be based on words of wisdom so...

Tony
05-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I have pmed an admin and bro a mod to see what next step may be and created thread asking for donations of poetry. At some point may ask you to approach the islamic printers. Insha'Allah this thing will occur:D

Tony
05-24-2009, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
i understand ^
So all the poems will be compiled into a book right? Any guidelines or anything of that sort?
Salam aleiykum, pls refer to creative writing thread "poetry needed for book". put pen to paper sister and we will move forward

Snowflake
05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
share it sis, Im winging it but sure we can do it. Tried to go to islamic poetry.org and muslim writers but having difficulty posting there etc. Maybe we could all just donate, get people to pick ones they like and print ourselves. Anyhow we started it now:D:D
Umm.. well, I didn't realise you meant getting a book published. I thought we were talking about more of a booklet, in which case we could print it ourselves. But now that you've mentioned a book and I know where the printers are.. why not? We gotta aim high rite? :D

I have pmed an admin and bro a mod to see what next step may be and created thread asking for donations of poetry. At some point may ask you to approach the islamic printers. Insha'Allah this thing will occur:D
Great idea mashaAllah!! InshaAllah, with the help of Allah, it will bro. Have you thought about marketing strategies?

Snowflake
05-24-2009, 11:30 AM
From poems needed thread..

Br. Tony: I am not sure as yet how we will set up any payments when people buy it, but I am hoping it will go directly to the charities involved.
Perhaps the charities might take responsibility of marketing/selling the books themselves and that way money goes directly to them. They can advertise the book on their websites for starters. :?

Cabdullahi
05-24-2009, 12:37 PM
can i produce a poem for this book or shall i post my old one's

Tony
05-24-2009, 12:39 PM
From poems needed thread..

Perhaps the charities might take responsibility of marketing/selling the books themselves and that way money goes directly to them. They can advertise the book on their websites for starters. :?
Good idea, I am going to see islamic relief in person as have trouble emailing them, will be teusday now coz of bank holliday. We must aim high sister then who knows. :D

Tony
05-24-2009, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
can i produce a poem for this book or shall i post my old one's
You choose brother i am sure whichever you decide to do it will be awseome as usual. Peace:D

Cabdullahi
05-24-2009, 12:45 PM
I dont know what poem to choose so because you are the initial initiator you choose :)

Tony
05-24-2009, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
I dont know what poem to choose so because you are the initial initiator you choose :)
will study you back catalogue my friend

Cabdullahi
05-24-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...-struggle.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...quick-one.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...freestyle.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...1-wrecked.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...dead-rose.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ry-thread.html

these are the ok ones the rest are too rap orientated and will probably hinder the sale of the book :(

Tony
05-24-2009, 01:15 PM

thankyou, your first one to donate

Yanal
05-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Maybe we could have a guideline and based on that people can submit old or new poems and can have almost everyone accepted?

Tony
05-24-2009, 02:51 PM
yes sounds good bro

Yanal
05-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Here is what I think about the guidelines:
Has to do with Islam.
Could be anything like a couplet.
You should not be disappointed if your poems are not accepted.

And thats about it from me. Perhaps you can try to get more.

Tony
05-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Here is what I think about the guidelines:
Has to do with Islam.
Could be anything like a couplet.
You should not be disappointed if your poems are not accepted.

And thats about it from me. Perhaps you can try to get more.
thats good bro, think we should maybe limit it to praising Allah and demonstrations of how people sacrifice or do deeds for Him. exciting this ennit:D

Yanal
05-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Indeed.

For example a couplet by the Alphas:
Allah is the best
And loves the rest

Tony
05-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Indeed.

For example a couplet by the Alphas:
Allah is the best
And loves the rest
Alpha is a planner
he is planning for Jannah

Yanal
05-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Isn't it suppose to be about Allah? Or you are just saying.:)
Tktony is no phony
He will ride a pony.

Yanal
05-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Allah is mercyful
But also can be wratful. "to those who don't believe."

Yanal
05-24-2009, 05:26 PM
You guys do know you can PM me too!

Na7lah
05-24-2009, 05:34 PM
:sl:

I have one suggestion before i go to see the other thread, Maybe you should have a general theme? One that isn't too narrow or broad, that way all the poems have something in common?

Yanal
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Something to do with Islam possibly? That has a large range of variety doesn't it?

Tony
05-24-2009, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah

I have one suggestion before i go to see the other thread, Maybe you should have a general theme? One that isn't too narrow or broad, that way all the poems have something in common?
OK thats fine and thanks for comment, greatfullly recieved. As long as it glorifies Allah thats main thing. mainly as it is muslims helping muslim and maybe we can broaden to all subjects next Book !!!!!!!!! also the people buying book will expect this I think and we should give value for money

Na7lah
05-24-2009, 05:44 PM
OK thats fine and thanks for comment, greatfullly recieved. As long as it glorifies Allah thats main thing. mainly as it is muslims helping muslim and maybe we can broaden to all subjects next Book !!!!!!!!! also the people buying book will expect this I think and we should give value for money
In your other thread you said,
The poems will be in praise of Allah and this project is strictly for His sake alone.
So i guess that's the theme/subject? Also if you want to do more subjects/themes there's always a chapter feature :) The poems will just be placed under the right chapter example: Allah, The Day of Judgement, Muslims, Women in Islam, Death, Happiness, Sorrow,.....

how many poems can each member submit?

Tony
05-24-2009, 05:49 PM
excellent idea, Im hoping we get plenty of people trying, but if not then we need to put as many in each as poss. I think we shoul keep overall number down to 50 or less as it will become expensive to produce. best to see what comes in and then subhead them into categories maybe

Yanal
05-24-2009, 07:09 PM
So 50 per member or 50 for everyone?

Tony
05-24-2009, 07:21 PM
So 50 per member or 50 for everyone?
im thinking maybe 50 pages or so and as many as we can fit in

Yanal
05-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Will the book contain the authors names?

Tony
05-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Will the book contain the authors names?
forum names or real its upto authors

Yanal
05-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Will yours and mine be mentioned?

Cabdullahi
05-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Mine is Ahmed Ali

Tony
05-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Will yours and mine be mentioned?
its up to you bro if u want yours on it, im not sure, hadnt thought aboutit

Yanal
05-24-2009, 11:42 PM
What will they(our names) be represented by? For Example Yanal Ahmed-not my real last name as the group leader?

Tony
05-24-2009, 11:47 PM
What will they(our names) be represented by? For Example Yanal Ahmed-not my real last name as the group leader?
no no brother, you are compiler and editor, I think your name on the cover is enough and you can add it to your CV. You are working hard at this project and deserve to reap what rewards may come bro. Peace

Yanal
05-24-2009, 11:51 PM
JazakAllah Khayr,you deserve it too!

Tony
05-24-2009, 11:53 PM
JazakAllah Khayr,you deserve it too!
bro Im 40 and I will take any reward in the next life, I really need to stockpile it as started late, you can use it now to attract attention of future employers

Tony
05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
over 500 posts now and no bells or flashing lights, how disapointing :statisfie

Yanal
05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
*thring thring* Thats the bell:).

Employers?? Bro I am just 13,but btw how much do poets get paid? Actually I will do poems for free,I only need good rewards..:)

Tony
05-25-2009, 12:01 AM
*thring thring* Thats the bell:).

Employers?? Bro I am just 13,but btw how much do poets get paid? Actually I will do poems for free,I only need good rewards..:)
thats my point bro. Employers will see how dedicated u are to projects. poets dont make money in the true sense, u gotta study bro thats the real life

Yanal
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah but we are thinking to ahead of ourselves brother. Let's see what Allah has decided inshAllah.

Tony
05-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah but we are thinking to ahead of ourselves brother. Let's see what Allah has decided inshAllah.
we really need to push for poems my friend, will bump coupla times a day. if you can do it then add a you tube reference to Gaza children maybe to spark some inspiration. im not sure how to do it

Yanal
05-25-2009, 12:10 AM
You mean you are going to post a YouTube video? Do you have a webcam? Or Video camera?

Tony
05-25-2009, 12:19 AM
You mean you are going to post a YouTube video? Do you have a webcam? Or Video camera?
no link one in the thread

Yanal
05-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Pardon ? I did not fully understand

glo
05-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Since TKTony assures me that the charities chosen will give humanitarian aid to people in war-torn regions, I am attempting to make a contribution.
TKTony, I will PM you.

Tony
05-25-2009, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Since TKTony assures me that the charities chosen will give humanitarian aid to people in war-torn regions, I am attempting to make a contribution.
TKTony, I will PM you.
God bless you Glo

youngsister
05-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Me too! If you do not mind a 13 year old being in it...
LOL u make me feel old now! im 16 and i'll take part inshalla. so do we just post our work to u tony? oops wrong>>>THIS IS FROM TRUE BELIEVER. dnt get confused lol. ma sister's account...ma bad

Tony
05-25-2009, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
LOL u make me feel old now! im 16 and i'll take part inshalla. so do we just post our work to u tony? oops wrong>>>THIS IS FROM TRUE BELIEVER. dnt get confused lol. ma sister's account...ma bad
u can pm it post straight onto poets neede for compilation book. many thanks yon sisters young sister

Yanal
05-25-2009, 11:25 PM
You can PM me or brother Tony or post them yourselves.

true believer
05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
erm i feel bit nervous now....but anyway, i have lots of poems bro :S which one?...
i'll put links in a sec....

Tony
05-26-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by true believer
erm i feel bit nervous now....but anyway, i have lots of poems bro :S which one?...
i'll put links in a sec....
no need for nerves u are saving lives by ur actions sister :D

Tony
05-26-2009, 05:23 PM
:bump1:

true believer
05-26-2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...76-fallen.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...n-my-poem.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...3-justice.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...2-dreamer.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...t-poem-me.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...-betrayal.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...r-my-poem.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...-plz-read.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...s-my-poem.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...m-i-wrote.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...-lil-poem.html

(i realli hope this works...im a bit rubbish with links n hmtl n all dat. anyway i wont bore u wiz da rest, too many anyway. just go thro a few and put in wateva u like...i'd be honored :D anyway here u go brother :) ...)

Najm
05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

I made one near the start of the year, have a look...

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...will-come.html

Keep up the good work brother!

FiAmaaniAllah

Muezzin
05-26-2009, 05:54 PM
ok people, any poets who post work here, how do you feel about compiling work for a book and giving proceeds to an islamic charity. if any one can offer ideas for getting published or funding it etc please help.
You could try contacting the Islamic Foundation about this project.

lets use what talents Allah bestowed on us to help others. need anyone who knows about marketing, copyright and distibution also. Insha'Allah we can do this
Each contributor would have the moral right to be recognised as the author of their work(s).

Another thing is to make sure that all contributors have actually written their poems and have not plagiarised. It sounds a bit negative, but it does happen, and if it happens, it can put a serious spanner in the works.

Tony
05-26-2009, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You could try contacting the Islamic Foundation about this project.

Each contributor would have the moral right to be recognised as the author of their work(s).

Another thing is to make sure that all contributors have actually written their poems and have not plagiarised. It sounds a bit negative, but it does happen, and if it happens, it can put a serious spanner in the works.
Thanks bro will look into it cest soir :D

Yanal
05-26-2009, 10:28 PM
InshAllah we will succeed but bro what is the status of advertising it?

Tony
05-26-2009, 10:42 PM
InshAllah we will succeed but bro what is the status of advertising it?
Evening bro, not sure what u mean about advertising

Yanal
05-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Remember we were going to PM bro -S-... ?

Snowflake
05-27-2009, 10:42 AM
assalamu alaykum

Ah! Feels good to be back (2-3 days feels like weeks, hehe). My bones are tingling. I swear it feels I'm about to participate in full blown Jihad. ADRENALIN HIT! lolll ;D

Cred to br Tony for this amazing idea, mashaAllah. May Allah give you reward upon reward and to everyone else participating inshaAllah. That includes lil ole me!

Haha, I'm buzzing! Khayr I have a question, even though I'm not sure anyone can answer it, I'll ask anyway. I was wondering if I can get my 'submitted' poems published again in a different book later under my own name? Or will this be a prob?

That's all.. *gets back to working on new poem* :statisfie

true believer
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
so what happens after we contribute tony?...i dnt mind wateva poem of mine goes in there...in fact id be happy if any poem of mine went in there :D ....oh and bout copyright...i aint botherd much, just put annoymous or true believer or SOMETHING! i duno. anyway i hope it works out, i kinda admire u for doing this...i wouldnt...well i wouldnt know how but allah knows best. anyway good on u. and ameen to scents of jannah...(cool name btw!)

Tony
05-27-2009, 01:26 PM
assalamu alaykum

Ah! Feels good to be back (2-3 days feels like weeks, hehe). My bones are tingling. I swear it feels I'm about to participate in full blown Jihad. ADRENALIN HIT! lolll ;D

Cred to br Tony for this amazing idea, mashaAllah. May Allah give you reward upon reward and to everyone else participating inshaAllah. That includes lil ole me!

Haha, I'm buzzing! Khayr I have a question, even though I'm not sure anyone can answer it, I'll ask anyway. I was wondering if I can get my 'submitted' poems published again in a different book later under my own name? Or will this be a prob?

That's all.. *gets back to working on new poem* :statisfie
trying to get in touch with a islamic site a bro suggested that deals with copyright. Will endeavour to ensure everything corect and above board.

Tony
05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by true believer
so what happens after we contribute tony?...i dnt mind wateva poem of mine goes in there...in fact id be happy if any poem of mine went in there :D ....oh and bout copyright...i aint botherd much, just put annoymous or true believer or SOMETHING! i duno. anyway i hope it works out, i kinda admire u for doing this...i wouldnt...well i wouldnt know how but allah knows best. anyway good on u. and ameen to scents of jannah...(cool name btw!)
haha I dont know how either, which leads me to this

Tony
05-27-2009, 01:31 PM
IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUERIES PLEASE POST THEM, i AM JUST TAKING EACH STEP AS IT COMES AND WANT TO GET IT RIGHT WHILE ENSURING YOUR EFFORTS ARE PROTECTED LEGALLY. i AM SEEKING COPYRIGHT ADVICE ETC. PLEASE DONT BE SHY WITH ANY CONCERNS WE NEED TO DO THIS RIGHT AND IVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. INSHA'ALLAH IT WIL WORK THOUGH

Tony
05-27-2009, 02:09 PM
OK, all poets can post under any name and still take back work for future ref under thier own name. Islamic foundation assures me that as long as th work is given with consent by the writer everythung is cool. So please, and I hate to say it, only send ur own stuff, sorry:-[. I have told them that once we have the poems ready and a cover made then I will contact them again to ensure legallity etc, they agreed. as soon as we hit 50 poems I will print out and we can begin design. Does anyone want to design the cover by the way ?
Ok so thats where we are at people, insha'Allah so far so good.

Yanal
05-27-2009, 02:29 PM
MashAllah we are improving,how many poems do we have right now as we speak?

Snowflake
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
OK, all poets can post under any name and still take back work for future ref under thier own name. Islamic foundation assures me that as long as th work is given with consent by the writer everythung is cool. So please, and I hate to say it, only send ur own stuff, sorry:-[. I have told them that once we have the poems ready and a cover made then I will contact them again to ensure legallity etc, they agreed. as soon as we hit 50 poems I will print out and we can begin design. Does anyone want to design the cover by the way ?
Ok so thats where we are at people, insha'Allah so far so good.
wickeddddd alhumdulillah!!! *feels like jumpin up and down on bed like a kid* lol. JzkAllah br. Tony, really aprpeciate ur efforts. I'm workin on more poems but I'm slow. Do we have a dead line?

Tony
05-27-2009, 06:10 PM
wickeddddd alhumdulillah!!! *feels like jumpin up and down on bed like a kid* lol. JzkAllah br. Tony, really aprpeciate ur efforts. I'm workin on more poems but I'm slow. Do we have a dead line?
no dead line but am in Turkey for 5 weeks at end july so as muchas poss done b4 that would be good

Zahida
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
:sl: Brother..........Congratulations on this brilliant idea.............. I would be interested in doing a front cover design.............. What sort of things are you looking to put on the cover would you like some Islamic Calligraphy????

Give me a rough idea what you have in mind colour schemes, size font etc etc...................:w::bump1:

Tony
05-27-2009, 07:40 PM
honestly dont know.maybe arabic/islamic caligraphy that is for good deeds or charity. feel free to run with it , so glad ur interested in doing it.There is advert on islam channel where a man puts a pound in charity box and split screen to the coin turns to bread and drops into anorphans plate. something that depicts where the oney is going I think but ultimateley its ur part of project, May Allah reward you sister.:D (back to footy now !!!)

Tony
05-27-2009, 07:42 PM
BIG TREES FROM SMALL ACORNS BROTHERS AND SISTERS :arabic3::rock:

Zahida
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
:sl: That would be something beyond me............... my calligraphy is good but that what you are talking about is amazing!!!

I can put pen to paper but not very technological......................

I shall give it a try if you would kindly forward me what you would like me to put on the cover. In the meantime if you would like to pm me i can forward you some samples of my artwork..................
:w::bump1:

Tony
05-27-2009, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: That would be something beyond me............... my calligraphy is good but that what you are talking about is amazing!!!

I can put pen to paper but not very technological......................

I shall give it a try if you would kindly forward me what you would like me to put on the cover. In the meantime if you would like to pm me i can forward you some samples of my artwork..................
:w::bump1:
ok sister, but its not my aim to overrule etc, this is about people helping people, if u want to use what skills u have i am sure Allah will inspire you. :D

Tony
05-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all support you guys, its phenominal that when asked to help others you did it so readilly, May Allah grant you blessings in this life abd the next. Sister Zahida is going to design and provide a cover, I have had a preveiw of her art and it should be pretty special. Alhamdulillah:bravo:

Yanal
05-28-2009, 11:51 PM
MashAllah!

Tony
05-29-2009, 07:53 PM
:bump:

Yanal
05-29-2009, 11:51 PM
So we need 40 poems and have 21 which means 19,daily if we give at least 3 poems we will meet the mark in a week or so... For today we need only two new poems.

Tony
05-30-2009, 10:37 AM
:bump:

Snowflake
05-30-2009, 11:23 AM
So we need 40 poems and have 21 which means 19,daily if we give at least 3 poems we will meet the mark in a week or so... For today we need only two new poems.
Include three from me bro. I'll get round to submitting them within a couple of days inshaAllah.

Yanal
05-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Ok I will try to do two today. Tktony can you do one ?

Tony
05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Include three from me bro. I'll get round to submitting them within a couple of days inshaAllah.
Thanks sister,no rush. Allahs blessings be upon you for your input:D

Tony
05-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Ok I will try to do two today. Tktony can you do one ?
will do bro, will do 2 or 3, just need to get in zone !:scared:

Snowflake
05-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Ameen. Tnx for your patience bro. I got the dreaded writer's block lol!

May Allah's love & blessings be with you also. Ameen. :)

Yanal
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Ameen to dua,hope it's for all of us:).

How many poems have we recevied so far ?

Snowflake
05-31-2009, 01:00 AM
^Of course bro, inshaAllah. May Allah's love & blessings be with us all. Ameen :)

I'm almost done. I'm terrible. Can anyone imagine, I've been doin it all day, and yesterday, and the day before. Yeh, thats how great a poet I am lol! :omg: :exhausted:-[

it's 2.00am i need to sleep :(

Yanal
05-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Uhh I just make it on the spot:exhausted

Snowflake
05-31-2009, 06:15 PM
^MashaAllah! I might as be building Rome again lol!! :hmm:

I've been out all day. Just got back, prayed asr and now mum's going to pick me up to go to hers. So I'm afraid I cant work on it until tonite. I feel bad. Sorry :(

Yanal
05-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Dont worry you making three makes us only have 6 poems to complete the book!

Snowflake
05-31-2009, 06:36 PM
^if only bro. Two of them are already on my poems thread. Just one new one is taking this long :-[

I'm mortified! lol

Tony
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
^if only bro. Two of them are already on my poems thread. Just one new one is taking this long :-[

I'm mortified! lol
no worries take ur time theres no dead line and no pressure :D 40 is only rough, could be more and some are longer than others. This book is not trying to meet any criteria or time schedule, chill and do it in own time

Yanal
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
But inshAllah we will get over 40.

HopeFul
06-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Tony bro did you getmy poem? Please do tell me how it was :)

Yanal
06-01-2009, 11:37 PM
^ once he posts it I will tell u myself.

Tony
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry to have been absent a few days poets and contributors, I have been taking driving tests and enjoying sunshine while it lasts. Back on track now and raring to go. So we have some excellent poetry in and will soon be able to collate and approach a printer. May Allah bless all who have been involved so far :D

Yanal
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
So do we need more poems ?

Tony
06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
So do we need more poems ?
couple of peopl are working on contributions, i have one that needs tweaking, so should be enough when these are in, however if anyone wants to add then more the merrier. peace

glo
06-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Do we now have a good range of poems, TKTony?

Tony
06-03-2009, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Do we now have a good range of poems, TKTony?
yes Glo its good mix of subjects, getting to the hard bit now of producing the book :D I think u r addicted to LI sister, its 07:25 !

glo
06-03-2009, 07:29 AM
yes Glo its good mix of subjects, getting to the hard bit now of producing the book :D I think u r addicted to LI sister, its 07:25 !
You could be right there, Tony. :)

I try to briefly visit all my favourite forums when I drink my first coffee of the day ... just to make sure all is well. :D

HopeFul
06-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Al the poems are so wonderful!!! JAzakAllah everyone!!

Yanal
06-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Heres probably my last one:

Doong pious deeds
Eating with your blessed right
And always striving for more
The death can come any time
How will you avoid that ?

Snowflake
06-03-2009, 10:49 PM
no worries take ur time theres no dead line and no pressure :D 40 is only rough, could be more and some are longer than others. This book is not trying to meet any criteria or time schedule, chill and do it in own time
lol I thought otherwise and that's why I was avoiding this thread out of embarrassment but glad to say I finally finished it - alhumdulillah :D

How many do we have now bro?

Tony
06-03-2009, 10:59 PM
lol I thought otherwise and that's why I was avoiding this thread out of embarrassment but glad to say I finally finished it - alhumdulillah :D

How many do we have now bro?
weeeelllll if we add some of Alphas shorter ones to say 3 or 4 makes 1, then 8 more would be good, i will do one but inspiration is only showing me glimpses at the moment, when i get the urge i will write. we are doing well, insha'Allah we can produce soon.

Snowflake
06-03-2009, 11:06 PM
That's great bro. I know what you mean about inspiration. It's been eluding me for days! I might do another but don't count on me judging by my last performance :P I have asked friends to donate. Which reminds me to chase them up tomorrow.

Assalamu alaykum & good nite from me : )

Yanal
06-03-2009, 11:09 PM

We can have extras now right ?

Tony
06-03-2009, 11:12 PM

We can have extras now right ?

yes bro, we need to look at printing now. will probably get started at wkend

Yanal
06-04-2009, 01:11 AM

Will we get to look at an online photo of the cover ?

Tony
06-04-2009, 09:20 AM

Will we get to look at an online photo of the cover ?
yes, i will try to ensure we all get a hard copy somehow

Yanal
06-04-2009, 02:32 PM

I don't think that will be needed just an online picture would be good because I live in Canada which is far away and the bill would be to much for shipping. Rather give it to charity.:)

Snowflake
06-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Don't you wanna copy for yourself? :D

Yanal
06-06-2009, 04:55 PM
:salamext:

As explained above the shipping charges would cost a lot which is not neccesary I rather give it to Charity from my name and Tktonys.:) But if you live near me you can send it,where do you live bro ?

Snowflake
06-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm a sis and you're only 3 years older than my son. So consider it a gift from auntie scents :D

Think of the memories it will hold : )

Yanal
06-06-2009, 05:44 PM

Oh I was reffering to bro Tktony..I will think bout it inshAllah...

Tony
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM

As explained above the shipping charges would cost a lot which is not neccesary I rather give it to Charity from my name and Tktonys.:) But if you live near me you can send it,where do you live bro ?

west yorkshire, England

Yanal
06-06-2009, 10:37 PM

How much to ship it here in Canada Surrey ?

Tony
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
An update of procseedings. I am currently attempting to find a publishing package, not sure which to go with at present but have contacted some places. It is looking like the project may take a little longer than expected, but Alhamdulillah it will get there. So can you all please make dua for this project and insha'Allah all will go well. In the meantime feel free to add any poems to the book. Many thanks:D

Snowflake
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Oh I was reffering to bro Tktony..I will think bout it inshAllah...
ok, inshaAllah.

I am currently attempting to find a publishing package
Br. Tony, would you like me to ask the local publishers? Just let me know what to ask exactly.

Tony
06-08-2009, 07:06 PM
ok, inshaAllah.

Br. Tony, would you like me to ask the local publishers? Just let me know what to ask exactly.
That would be great, we want a colour cover, about 40 pages, cheap as chips if possible. ask how much to get an ISBN. I know what ur like with pressur:Dso dont worry just enquire and get back when u can. If it turns out to much then no worries. Just overall price and how much we might be able to make each book profit. Thankyou so much sister, May Allah bring a swift end to the project and help us save some lives, Ameen

Yanal
06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
pressur:D
Pressure

InshAllah sister will find a good/reasonable price.

Tony
06-10-2009, 08:34 AM
update ok poets, authorhouse publishing looks good, i have briefly examined emails they sent me re publishing. The money is going to be between £645 to £1000 to get books onto shelfs with isbn, they do ebooks on various sites and bookstores inclusive of waterstones. So please everyone make dua after namaz, if this is the route allah wants us to follow then the money will present itself. Allahs blessings on all of you. Ameen. I will keep you posted of any further developments. Peace

Snowflake
06-10-2009, 08:42 AM
That would be great, we want a colour cover, about 40 pages, cheap as chips if possible. ask how much to get an ISBN. I know what ur like with pressur:Dso dont worry just enquire and get back when u can. If it turns out to much then no worries. Just overall price and how much we might be able to make each book profit. Thankyou so much sister,
lool ahem ahem :rollseyes

OK, I was all set to contact the publishers yesterday, but I realised I'd forgotten their name and so couldnt even search for them. But alhumdulillah, that was actually a good thing as I am getting my mum to take me down there today and will speak to them in person. InshaAllah.

May Allah bring a swift end to the project and help us save some lives, Ameen
Ameen.

InshAllah sister will find a good/reasonable price
InshaAllah. May Allah lend us His help in this project. Ameen.

Tony
06-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Scents of Jannah, May Allah bless your mum and grant her rewards in this life and the next,Ameen.

btw anybody know of Muslim Bilal, the guys nasheeds are kicking ! just seen him on tv, wow:crickey:
Add young ummah to that, Al Hamdulillah bringing tears.

Snowflake
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
update ok poets, authorhouse publishing looks good, i have briefly examined emails they sent me re publishing. The money is going to be between £645 to £1000 to get books onto shelfs with isbn, they do ebooks on various sites and bookstores inclusive of waterstones. So please everyone make dua after namaz, if this is the route allah wants us to follow then the money will present itself. Allahs blessings on all of you. Ameen. I will keep you posted of any further developments. Peace
Wow, mashaAllah! I can't describe how I'm feeling right now. Well, an adrenalin rush to be simple lol! How many books are we talking? And how will the money 'present itself'? Sorry, I'm a bit slow. :-[

Scents of Jannah, May Allah bless your mum and grant her rewards in this life and the next,Ameen.

btw anybody know of Muslim Bilal, the guys nasheeds are kicking ! just seen him on tv, wow:crickey:
Add young ummah to that, Al Hamdulillah bringing tears.
Ameen, wa iyyak bro.

Sorry, never heard of the bro. I don't really do nasheeds, but will check youtube since you look really excited abt him lol. ;D

Tony
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow, mashaAllah! I can't describe how I'm feeling right now. Well, an adrenalin rush to be simple lol! How many books are we talking? And how will the money 'present itself'? Sorry, I'm a bit slow.

supply and demand, the publisher will print and distributs the books adhoc. they then pay royalties anto an account (islamic reliefs direct hopefull). The money will come but we need to make dua for it, If this is the right avenue for this work then Allah will provide it, I have my thinking cap on as we speak. Wish I could pay it but I cannot at present.
Allah please provide the funds for this charity book, Ameen.
What shall we call it by the way.
I would like something along the lines of from the ummah, to the ummah. But maybe theres batter, really needs to be something that people cansee and immeidiatley realise its for saving people from horrors and oprression

Snowflake
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow, mashaAllah! I can't describe how I'm feeling right now. Well, an adrenalin rush to be simple lol! How many books are we talking? And how will the money 'present itself'? Sorry, I'm a bit slow.

supply and demand, the publisher will print and distributs the books adhoc. they then pay royalties anto an account (islamic reliefs direct hopefull). The money will come but we need to make dua for it, If this is the right avenue for this work then Allah will provide it, I have my thinking cap on as we speak. Wish I could pay it but I cannot at present.
Allah please provide the funds for this charity book, Ameen.
What shall we call it by the way.
I would like something along the lines of from the ummah, to the ummah. But maybe theres batter, really needs to be something that people can see and immeidiatley realise its for saving people from horrors and oprression
Oh ok, I thought the money would be paid upfront. Don't worry bro. Allah will reward your intention inshaAllah.

As for the book name, how about?

With Love
To The Ummah

My mum is on her way, shall I still go to the Publishers, or are you happy with authorhouse?

Tony
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Good title, yes we need money up front, but dont sound so disappointed it wil come insha'Allah. Thats why we need to make dua
please still try your publisher, we should try all avenues sister

Snowflake
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Ok inshaAllah bro. BBL. :sl:

Yanal
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM
SubhanAllah may Allah give a sponser and ease your pain and grant you heaven along with all of us! Ameen!

Snowflake
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Ameen^

Sorry I couldn't go.. imsad

We had to drop my bro to school for his exam and then wait for him to finish. To cut it short, by the time we got back to this side of town the publishers had closed. :-[

I will go tomorrow inshaAllah.

Yanal
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
inshAllah no worries bro Tony is not going to Turkey anymore either so it's all good..alhumdulilah.

Tony
06-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Ameen^

Sorry I couldn't go.. imsad

We had to drop my bro to school for his exam and then wait for him to finish. To cut it short, by the time we got back to this side of town the publishers had closed. :-[

I will go tomorrow inshaAllah.
you wory too much, we dont have dead line and its only an enquiry. it may come to nothing, i am going to approach some businessess and find out if there is anyg rants available for creative art or charity. sister I dont want you stressing about this, leave stress to me, with Allahs guidance we will get there. Allahu Akbar :D

Snowflake
06-10-2009, 10:49 PM
lol nah bro, we should help where we could. I just feel bad when I can't do what I said. But hamdulillah, maybe there was a reason why I couldn't go. InshaAllah, with Allah's will, things will get easier.

Yanal
06-11-2009, 12:44 AM
inshAllah theres a tommorow sister.

Snowflake
06-11-2009, 10:21 PM
It really will be tomorrow now bro. Mum got held up again lol

Zahida
06-11-2009, 10:32 PM
:sl: I like the title.......... With Love to The Ummah................

If that is finalised as a title maybe i could work on a few front cover designs...............?????????:w::bump1:

Yanal
06-11-2009, 10:38 PM
inshAllah tommorow then:)

Snowflake
06-12-2009, 12:46 AM
^lol inshaAllah.

Thank you sis Zahida. It's not finalised yet. Maybe someone can come up with a better one. I can't wait to see your cover designs. :statisfie

Yanal
06-12-2009, 12:54 AM
inshAllah it will be great sister

Tony
06-12-2009, 06:18 PM
seem a bit stuck at present, i am trying to think of either other ways to use our poems, or alternate routes re publishing, dont worry if it seems quiet I am on the case and will endeavour to keep you posted

Snowflake
06-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Bah don't ask! :enough!:

inshAllah it will be great sister
Ameen.

seem a bit stuck at present, i am trying to think of either other ways to use our poems, or alternate routes re publishing, dont worry if it seems quiet I am on the case and will endeavour to keep you posted
No problem bro. You are already doing your best. Not everything is in our hands. When the time is right, Allah will bring fruition to your efforts. Ameen. :)

Yanal
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
No worries brother. Patience is the key:)

Zahida
06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
:sl: You are most welcome.............. I do like the title you have chosen though what could be more suitable so my personal choice would be that one.....................:w::bump1:

InshaAllah the hiccups are just minor and will be easily sorted.............. Ameen.:w:
^lol inshaAllah.

Thank you sis Zahida. It's not finalised yet. Maybe someone can come up with a better one. I can't wait to see your cover designs. :statisfie

Snowflake
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
awww jazkiAllah sis :D x

Snowflake
06-17-2009, 10:55 AM
assalamu alaykum

Unfortunately, due to unseen circumstances, I've not been able to get to printers in person. But hamdulillah, yesterday we visited relatives in that area and although the printers were closed, I got the shop name. I've just spoken to printers on fone but he said it is better I come there in person on Friday as his daughter will be there too. I got a feeling he wants to introduce me to his daughter after hearing about the project.

May Allah assist us in ways He knows best. Ameen.

Tony
06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
assalamu alaykum

Unfortunately, due to unseen circumstances, I've not been able to get to printers in person. But hamdulillah, yesterday we visited relatives in that area and although the printers were closed, I got the shop name. I've just spoken to printers on fone but he said it is better I come there in person on Friday as his daughter will be there too. I got a feeling he wants to introduce me to his daughter after hearing about the project.

May Allah assist us in ways He knows best. Ameen.

Ameen, haha felt butterflies when i saw the post, Allah is moving us forward, Subhan Allah wa Alhamdulillah. Excellent, if he wants his daughter to join us then that is brilliant, may Allah bless you sister. And thanks to all who are making dua, please continue, this project is being fuelled thru the power of prayer. Allahu akbar :D:D

Snowflake
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Ameen! Ya, lol, I hope I didn't get the wrong end of the stick. He sounded so impressed to hear what we're doing. MashaAllah. Eek! Please Allah help us. Ameen!!!

Btw, bro. I live round the corner from the offices of Islamic Relief. So if there's any need to go there, just lemme know.

Tony
06-17-2009, 12:41 PM
U definatley not an Angel, are you.lol let us know what time you are seeing them so we can be making dua. Do u mind me asking which city are you in

Yanal
06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Ameen to all duas. May Allah make us complete our goal.

Snowflake
06-17-2009, 05:27 PM
U definatley not an Angel, are you.lol let us know what time you are seeing them so we can be making dua. Do u mind me asking which city are you in
lol make dua I get there first! InshaAllah, I'm planning to go around about10.30-11.00am. I live in Birmingham btw. Lucky me! lol :rollseyes

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Ameen!!

jazakAllah khayr lil bro

Tony
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
brums ok, I was born and raised in Stratford an Avon

Yanal
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
So is that tommorows time? Because your passed the AM for today,right?

Tony
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
yes brother, its 18:30 here.

Najm
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Allahumma Ameen!!

Keep up the good work people!:statisfie

FiAmaaniAllah

Snowflake
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
^Ameen!

brums ok, I was born and raised in Stratford an Avon
Do you have a large muslim community there? Brum, is great that way mashaAllah.

yes brother, its 18:30 here.
Tomorrow inshaAllah bro.

Tony
06-18-2009, 07:59 PM
^Ameen!

Do you have a large muslim community there? Brum, is great that way mashaAllah.

am in bradford now\ so yes

Tomorrow inshaAllah bro.
insha,Allah sister

Yanal
06-18-2009, 08:05 PM
insh'Allah though I thought it was today.:embarrass

Snowflake
06-18-2009, 09:49 PM
^lol bro I'm sure I said Friday rite? Now, I'm doubting myself :-[

Yanal
06-18-2009, 09:57 PM
hmmmmmmm.You said:
Tommorow insh'allah
Which does mean Friday. My bad:embarrass

Snowflake
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
no need to be embarrassed bro :)

I feel nervous. I hope I don't stammer and stutter. People can refuse to do something if you don't appear confident in the way you ask :hmm:

Tony
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
you will be fine. the key to any intweiw is to go with the frame of mind, do i want them, u r intweiwing them sister. if no good we go elsewhere. may Allah bless you and guide you 2moro, its such good thing ur doing :D

Yanal
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
May Allah grant you the intention to win their hearts. Ameen.

Tony
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Ameen

Snowflake
06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
you will be fine. the key to any intweiw is to go with the frame of mind, do i want them, u r intweiwing them sister. if no good we go elsewhere. may Allah bless you and guide you 2moro, its such good thing ur doing :D
I'll try my best inshaAllah. Mum is supposed to be coming soon. :exhausted

Btw, what does ISBN stand for?

Ameen bro. May Allah accept yours and our duaas.

glo
06-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Btw, what does ISBN stand for?
ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number.

Good luck, Scents. I hope it goes well! :)

Snowflake
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh thank you so much Glo :)

You came just in time. I'm expecting mum's car to pull up any minute now. (Lol, I hope).

Yanal
06-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Wonder how it went...?

Snowflake
06-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm so sorry to have kept you all waiting. Long story... :rollseyes

Well, very nice people mashaAllah. But they couldn't give me a quote as I didn't know how many copies we wanted. And most of all I didn't have a cover design to show them. Apparently, making the plates for the cover design is what is the most expensive part of producing a book i.e. how many colours will be used. I did ask for a rough quote for a 40 page (size A5) three-colour cover design, but again they said they wouldn't know unless they see the design and know how many copies we want.

The other thing they said was that if we wait for a month, they will have new machines coming, which are cheaper to run than their existing ones and so cheaper for us. The sister also said that if we can reduce costs further by doing the type-setting ourselves. Then printing the books will be cheaper. Oh, and they didn't to know anything about the ISBN.

I was assured that they will try their best to help us inshaAllah. However, I'm thinking we need to broaden our horizons.

Tony
06-19-2009, 09:50 PM
well done sister and thankyou so much may Allah bless you for you efforts, now we can put 2gether what we need in a month and reapproach them, meantime we can look elsewhere. Alhamdulillah. thanks again sister:D

Snowflake
06-19-2009, 10:23 PM
May Allah reward you more bro. Ameen. :)

Keep the thinking caps on lol.

Yanal
06-20-2009, 04:30 AM
*wonders how it went*

How'd it go?

Snowflake
06-20-2009, 12:13 PM
*wonders how it went*

How'd it go?
like this bro :)

I'm so sorry to have kept you all waiting. Long story... :rollseyes

Well, very nice people mashaAllah. But they couldn't give me a quote as I didn't know how many copies we wanted. And most of all I didn't have a cover design to show them. Apparently, making the plates for the cover design is what is the most expensive part of producing a book i.e. how many colours will be used. I did ask for a rough quote for a 40 page (size A5) three-colour cover design, but again they said they wouldn't know unless they see the design and know how many copies we want.

The other thing they said was that if we wait for a month, they will have new machines coming, which are cheaper to run than their existing ones and so cheaper for us. The sister also said that if we can reduce costs further by doing the type-setting ourselves. Then printing the books will be cheaper. Oh, and they didn't to know anything about the ISBN.

I was assured that they will try their best to help us inshaAllah. However, I'm thinking we need to broaden our horizons.

Yanal
06-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Ah. Didn't read that part....may Allah bless all of us.

Cabdullahi
06-20-2009, 08:24 PM
i cant believe my work will be published

Yanal
06-20-2009, 09:37 PM
^:o

May Allah make it a hit!

Snowflake
07-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Has sister Zahida completed the cover design yet? If we can gather all the info the publishers need, I can email them for an exact quote.

Another thing.. Will all the poems donated be published or do we have judges making a selection?

Tony
07-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Has sister Zahida completed the cover design yet? If we can gather all the info the publishers need, I can email them for an exact quote.

Another thing.. Will all the poems donated be published or do we have judges making a selection?
all poems will go in insha'Allah. not sure about cover but if not we can just put "IN AID OF ISLAMIC CHARITY" in big letters on front. blunt but direct:D

Snowflake
07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
^Good idea bro! A title like that will save a lot of explaining and hard sell techniques :)

Yesterday, I spoke to a sister (admin) from Islamic Relief. Unfortunately, the answer to our project was a 'no'.

TBH, I'm losing keenness on the idea of publishing a poetry book. I'd much rather we use our own resources to support the project. None of can pay the publishers fees, but we can all afford to print a few booklets using our own printers and using only plain black ink. That inshaAllah, will too count as our contribution fi sabilillah.

I've just taken a A4 size sheet of paper and folded it into three (the way letters are folded in envelopes) but into equal parts. That gives me 6 sections.

If we print using a landscape view on both sides of sheet, we will have 6 poems per sheet. That's 42 poems on only 7 sheets of paper. Each section will have a border. Add a sheet for the cover. And we have a presentable little booklet of 40-42 poems made from 8 sheet of paper and black ink.

It's cost effective, less headachey and most of all, it can be done quickly to get the money where it is desperately needed.

What do you think?

Tony
07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
wow ur genius is showing :) . So is there a way to format this and email it to me, I will print as many as possible then redirect funds back in and maybe print more and send to other places. If you can email me then I will email everyone else with it who wants to help. Its such a simple way to do it and the most direct way to make proceeds, we could then have a thread where we post how much has been made and dates the money donated. We can concentrate so much, for instance £1000 to 1 charity then swap charity for the next £1000 etc etc. This is definateley the way forward with this I think and maybe the mosques and Islamic outlets will help sell, I dont think there is any need to worry about copyright or legalities as its a donation centred affair, but will ask Islamic relief to make sure then come back with answers. May Allah bless you immensley for your work and efforts sister, Ameen

Snowflake
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
wow ur genius is showing :) . So is there a way to format this and email it to me, I will print as many as possible then redirect funds back in and maybe print more and send to other places. If you can email me then I will email everyone else with it who wants to help. Its such a simple way to do it and the most direct way to make proceeds, we could then have a thread where we post how much has been made and dates the money donated. We can concentrate so much, for instance £1000 to 1 charity then swap charity for the next £1000 etc etc. This is definateley the way forward with this I think and maybe the mosques and Islamic outlets will help sell, I dont think there is any need to worry about copyright or legalities as its a donation centred affair, but will ask Islamic relief to make sure then come back with answers. May Allah bless you immensley for your work and efforts sister, Ameen
Funnily enough this was the very same idea which I hesitated in sharing before as I felt no one would agree. So I'm happy to see it's got potential. I believe there is a way to format pages like that and inshaAllah my son can show me how lol.

I'm off to B&Q in a while for my other project (lol my fav place). But, I'll try to start work on the booklet later on inshaAllah.

We will deal with the nitty-gritty of cost per booklet later - as if start printing in thousands, we will need to cover our costs.

Snowflake
07-08-2009, 11:58 PM
I couldn't believe there is actually a feature which lets you type vertically!
But it still took one hour of trial and error on Word to get this far. I think it looks ok but as you can see I can't get the border to go to the edge of the page as much as I wanted. It automatically skips to the next page if I stretch it. We could really do with help from someone with expertise in microsoft word/publisher. Anyone? :?

sample1?t1247096904 -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.