/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a couple of q's about the blackberry curve

جوري
05-23-2009, 01:38 AM
can you download pocketislam on the blackberry curve?
also if I have a memory card from my pocket PC can I just stick it in the blackberry and it will work the same?

thank you

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-23-2009, 02:00 AM
this one, does anyone have a blackberry and was able to download this on it? I currently have it on my pocket PC but that phone is no longer functional and I am making the switch to the blackberry curve

Home
Downloads
Reviews
News
Register
Contact
About Us

Pocket Islam
Islamic Reference and educational tool for Muslim and non-Muslim includes:

• Quran Recitation.
  • Athan.
  • Quran In multiple languages.
  • Tafseer.
  • Hadith.
  • Qibla.
  • Islamic Calendar.
  • And MUCH MORE...

FREE Product... Enjoy!

SmartNet Pocket Islam (Pocket PC version)
Make your Pocket PC The ultimate Islamic resource tool. Pocket Islam is designed to support (Pocket PC/Windows Mobile) the following devices:
· Pocket PC 2000

• Pocket PC 2002
  • Pocket PC 2003
  • Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition
  • Windows Mobile 5.0

Arabic Holy Quran with tashkil, English translation and recitation. Now you can listen while you are reading. Or listen while you are driving. Athan and recitation before the Athan even when the device is off. Also, This software contains Hadith in Arabic, Prayer table, Prayer schedule , Hijri Calendar and Hijri to Georgian conversion, Qibla according to your location and position of the sun. Furthermore, it contains lunar calendar, moon age and Islamic Holidays Added to your calendar. Finally, it support Today Screen plugging display to display the prayer time and date in Hijri and to control the Azan voice. Enjoy it and please give us your feedback for improvements.

• Quran recitation (MP3).

· Athan.

• Arabic Holy Quran with tashkil (Othmanic Font to match the Paper Book).
  • Multiple Language Translation.
  • Hadith in Arabic (Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Maja, etc..)
  • Tafseer Ibn Katheer
  • Prayer table.
  • Prayer schedule.
  • Qibla.
  • Moon data.
  • Hijri calendar.
  • Islamic events & Holidays.
  • Today Screen.

Links to help you Setup Pocket Islam
Join Pocket Islam users group

FREE Product... Enjoy!

SmartNet Pocket Islam (Pocket PC version)
Make your Pocket PC The ultimate Islamic resource tool. Pocket Islam is designed to support (Pocket PC/Windows Mobile) the following devices:
· Pocket PC 2000

• Pocket PC 2002
  • Pocket PC 2003
  • Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition
  • Windows Mobile 5.0

Arabic Holy Quran with tashkil, English translation and recitation. Now you can listen while you are reading. Or listen while you are driving. Athan and recitation before the Athan even when the device is off. Also, This software contains Hadith in Arabic, Prayer table, Prayer schedule , Hijri Calendar and Hijri to Georgian conversion, Qibla according to your location and position of the sun. Furthermore, it contains lunar calendar, moon age and Islamic Holidays Added to your calendar. Finally, it support Today Screen plugging display to display the prayer time and date in Hijri and to control the Azan voice. Enjoy it and please give us your feedback for improvements.

• Quran recitation (MP3).

· Athan.

• Arabic Holy Quran with tashkil (Othmanic Font to match the Paper Book).
  • Multiple Language Translation.
  • Hadith in Arabic (Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Maja, etc..)
  • Tafseer Ibn Katheer
  • Prayer table.
  • Prayer schedule.
  • Qibla.
  • Moon data.
  • Hijri calendar.
  • Islamic events & Holidays.
  • Today Screen.

Links to help you Setup Pocket Islam
Join Pocket Islam users group

Download Links
Pocket Islam version 8.0 for Pocket PC 2003 and WM 5.0, WM6.0
Pocket Islam version 8.0 for Pocket PC 2000 and Pocket PC 2002
Pocket Islam version 7.0 for MIPS
Pocket Islam version 7.0 for SH3

Pocket Islam v3.0 Download Manager
Pocket Islam v4.0 Sahih Muslim Book
Pocket Islam v4.0 Sahih Bukhari Book
Pocket Islam v4.1 Athans Collection

Pocket Islam in CAB files
Pocket Islam version 7.0 for Pocket PC 2003 and WM 5.0, WM6. Cab files
Pocket Islam version 7.0 for Pocket PC 2000 and Pocket PC 2002 Cab files

You can download the all Quran Al Kareem audio files using these links.
please copy the links and paste them in internet explorer.

Lower quality audio files (smaller size - requires 260MB on SD card)
Quran 16bit

OR

Higher quality audio files (larger size - requires 460MB on SD card)
Quran 24bit

You need to unzip either files then copy them to your PDA (i.e storage card)
Then you need to go to PocketReciter->Click on Open Folder and select the
directory suras where they are stored (i.e. Storage card\xxxxxx directory).

Malay Translation
Malay Translation
Indonesian Translation
Indonesian Translation
Compatible Devices: All Pocket PC devices

Home
Downloads
Reviews
News
Register
Contact
About Us

©Copyright 2005 SmartNet Wireless All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us

SmartNet Wireless &
©Site Design 2005

so pls advise ASAP

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Sister what model is your mem card?

micro sd?

جوري
05-23-2009, 02:28 AM
sandisc mini took my brother quite sometime to download a load of programs that I needed on it so I just want to transfer it to the blackberry.. plus need to know if a blackberry accepts pocketislam as well.. haven't received it yet so I just want to know in advance...

Jazaka Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-23-2009, 02:38 AM
found this too seems awesome: the iberry

https://store.handango.com/ampp/stor...oductId=216415

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
sandisc mini took my brother quite sometime to download a load of programs that I needed on it so I just want to transfer it to the blackberry.. plus need to know if a blackberry accepts pocketislam as well.. haven't received it yet so I just want to know in advance...

Jazaka Allah
Im afraid you cannot use a mini sd on a blackberry phone because it wont fit but what you can do is buy a micro Sd which is compatible with the curve and transfer you important files and stuff over to the new card by a pc connection

and regarding pocketislam i am about 70% sure it is possible that it can be installed on the blackberry....because with smartphones there's flexibility with what you can install sometimes if its incompatible softwares can be manipulated

is the pocketislam a java software?

جوري
05-23-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't know what sort of program it is.. are you sure about the mini sandisk the sales person assured me that it would be compatible..

is this the phone you have?

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 02:50 AM
a mini sand disk is different to a micro sd

does your mem look like this

if it does then it will work

is this the phone you have?
no :( i do custodial arts and its too expensive

جوري
05-23-2009, 02:55 AM
it looks like this except a sandisk not a kingston

how much does this phone go for? at verizon they have a buy one get one free with a two year contract..

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 03:05 AM

those are some of the different mem cards

The BlackBerry Curve accepts microSD cards; the amount of storage is determined by card capacity. 2. Based on GSMA PRD TW.09 Battery Life Measurement ...
http://www.etisalat.ae/assets/docs/B...ifications.pdf -

something from a uae website some of the cites here are blocked but that the etisalat one

جوري
05-23-2009, 03:10 AM
I see, so basically what you are telling me is that bloody sales rep liedddddddd? =(

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 03:21 AM
Yeah i think the sales rep might have made a slight error they're human,they cannot lie about such a thing

Micro sd is good always get a ample storage size 16 gb is fantastic and about ur mini sd just transfer your stuff to the pc and from the pc to the new blackberry

جوري
05-23-2009, 03:34 AM
can you teach me how, I am not sure how my bro. got info on it the first time around even...

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 03:41 AM
ok inshallah create a folder on your desktop and name it important flies ,secondly have you got a usb cable for your pocket pc?

جوري
05-23-2009, 03:46 AM
I do indeed, except it isn't as big as my minisandisc it wouldn't withstand even half the programs on it..

I still can't get over how much I emphasized to that sales fellow the importance of my purchase contingent solely on the ability of this blackberry to take this minicard ..it wouldn't have been the phone I'd have gone for otherwise, although of the crap they have out it actually gets the best rating..

a caveat about any touch screen phone it has a very short life it doesn't matter if they allege it to be the greatest thing, none of them are as this is the third phone of its nature in a span of three yrs.. the one I had previous to it 'the chocolate' was the worst of all!

p.s I thought you meant a USB drive not cable never mind then go on..

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 03:57 AM
connect your usb to your phone and connect it to the usb slot on your pc

a drive should show up on your pc in my computer,if that doesnt happen then check your phone whilst its connect to the pc it might display options if thats the case then choose file transfer,pc communication or something along those lines

try the above

جوري
05-23-2009, 04:01 AM
unfortunately my current phone is dead dead dead, and verizon doesn't have 'SIM' cards, so I can't retrieve anything from it, I was just hoping I'd be able to retrieve my 4g worth of medical programs which were honestly so tedious to upload that I had to ask someone else I was hoping that I'd simply remove it and install it in the new phone.. my brother's youngest son is now sick and was hospitalized and I feel really bad asking him to do something for me if I can learn to be self-sufficient and do it myself I'd be so grateful......

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 04:28 AM
unfortunately my current phone is dead dead dead, and verizon doesn't have 'SIM' cards, so I can't retrieve anything from it, I was just hoping I'd be able to retrieve my 4g worth of medical programs which were honestly so tedious to upload that I had to ask someone else I was hoping that I'd simply remove it and install it in the new phone.. my brother's youngest son is now sick and was hospitalized and I feel really bad asking him to do something for me if I can learn to be self-sufficient and do it myself I'd be so grateful......

so you're phone is finished?

ok thats fine you probably have a laptop that has mem card slots? if not you can purchase a card reader for as little as 10 dollars

dont worry sis you will recieve your important files

جوري
05-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran.. that is so comforting.. can this memory reader also be used to download programs to the new memory card? how do I put programs on it? can you show me like you did above?

Baraka Allah feek

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 04:46 AM
you can get a reader that has two slots one slot for mini sd which is the one you have and the other slot is the micro sd for the curve so what you can do is you use the first slot to transfer your files from the mem card to the pc and then you use slot 2 for the micro sd to transfer your files from the pc to the micro card for the curve

but it is not necessary to buy that sort of reader your curve will come with a usb cable so no need for a reader that has two slots

what you need is mini sd reader that will enable you to transfer your important files to the computer. when that is done and when you buy your phone and the micro sd you'll just insert it and afterward the provided usb cable will be attached to the phone containing the empty micro sd card and also to the pc from there you just drag your important files to the empty micro sd and onto the curve

easy!

جوري
05-23-2009, 04:52 AM
where can I get a miniSD reader is it a down loadable program on the web...
forgive me I am completely computer illiterate..

so let me get the straight I connect the USB cable from my computer to phone, the phone should already have the microSD in it? and I upload from the computer to the microSD directly?? also what is that adapter for the one that comes with the card how do I use it?

جوري
05-23-2009, 04:55 AM
ok I found this

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

جوري
05-23-2009, 04:59 AM
ok pls look at this and tell me if this is compatible and all I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Disk-8GB-Mic...3%3A1|294%3A50

Jazaka Allah

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 05:05 AM
where can I get a miniSD reader is it a down loadable program on the web...
forgive me I am completely computer illiterate..

so let me get the straight I connect the USB cable from my computer to phone, the phone should already have the microSD in it? and I upload from the computer to the microSD directly?? also what is that adapter for the one that comes with the card how do I use it?

for real? are all brain surgeons like this? dont you use the MRI scan and isnt that computerized?

transfering important files from the old mini sd you need:

mini sd card reader
mini sd card
A computer

transfering the files that were on the mini sd but currently situated in the computer you need:

a blackberry phone
a micro sd
a usb cable provided with the phone

جوري
05-23-2009, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
for real? are all brain surgeons like this? dont you use the MRI scan and isnt that computerized?
yeah but the technicians deal with the menial work :haha:

transfering important files from the old mini sd you need:

mini sd card reader
mini sd card
A computer

transfering the files that were on the mini sd but currently situated in the computer you need:

a blackberry phone
a micro sd
a usb cable provided with the phone
ok so what do you think of the last thing I linked you to from ebay? will that cover all my purchase needs for this phone?

Cabdullahi
05-23-2009, 05:21 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Mobile.../dp/B000Q3IUV2

its made by sandisk the same company as your mini sd it should be compatible with ur mini you'll just stick it in to this usb like reader and transfer your files to the pc

جوري
05-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Jazaka Allah khyran..

I am off to bed.. I feel I become more nonsensical the more tired I get.. I'll look into the purchases tomorrow and read your last few posts slowly, and extract what I need to make this work insha'Allah..

I really appreciate your help.. reps

Yanal
05-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Sister my cousin has a blackberry curve but she does not even care about these things,I wish she was like you all she ever does is text on it and e mail,thats the fear why I am not getting a phone because of the texting addicts.

جوري
05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
texting is a cheap way of communicating lol.. and unlike speaking it gives you a chance to think of what you want to write before you blurt it out.. it is nice to check on someone quickly without committing to an hr long conversation epsecially if your friends are especially chatty.. :D

but a phone should do so much more.. like bail you out when you need an answer and quick...

Yanal
05-24-2009, 01:42 AM
But blackberry has a built in keyboard doesn't it? Thats good as typing..

جوري
05-24-2009, 01:43 AM
actually it was one of the things I needed, I am very weary of touch screen, the last two phones were touch screen and each lasted a mere year with frequent crashes and resets...

technology when it works it is great, when it doesn't your whole world can fall apart if you rely too heavily on it...

Yanal
05-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Yeah I understand the frustration,most of my posts now a days are from my Ipod Touch which frequently crashes. Once I was posting a long reply to a advice thread but three times it crashed but I kept going until my battery died.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.