/* */

PDA

View Full Version : crying in mosques allowed?

Andrew Lee
05-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Are you allowed to cry in a mosque? If so, why? If no, why not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
05-24-2009, 02:57 PM
“Do you then wonder at this recitation (the Qur’aan)?

And you laugh at it and weep not”
[al-Najm 53:59-60]

Reading the Qur’aan and pondering its meanings

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad to them): Believe in it (the Qur’aan) or do not believe (in it). Verily, those who were given knowledge before it, when it is recited to them, fall down on their faces in humble prostration.

108. And they say: Glory be to our Lord! Truly, the Promise of our Lord must be fulfilled.

109. And they fall down on their faces weeping and it increases their humility”

[al-Isra’ 17:107-109]

“Those were they unto whom Allaah bestowed His Grace from among the Prophets, of the offspring of Adam, and of those whom We carried (in the ship) with Nooh (Noah), and of the offspring of Ibraaheem (Abraham) and Israel, and from among those whom We guided and chose. When the Verses of the Most Gracious (Allaah) were recited unto them, they fell down prostrate and weeping”

[Maryam 19:58]

It was narrated that Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Recite the Qur’aan to me.” I said: “O Messenger of Allaah, shall I recite it to you when it was revealed to you?” He said: “I like to hear it from someone else.” So I recited Soorat al-Nisa’ to him, and when I reached this verse – “How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad) as a witness against these people?” [al-Nisa’ 4:41] – he said: “That is enough for now.” I turned to him and saw his eyes were streaming with tears. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5050; Muslim, 800.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/46911

peaceandlove
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes,sure you can, ask forgiveness from Allah and pray to Allah, but crying does not mean in loud voice to disturb other, if possible don't make noise while crying.

glo
05-27-2009, 05:44 PM
A place of worship of God is possibly the best place for crying!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Wyatt
05-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Aw. imsad I sure hope Allah would allow it. Hopefully he wouldn't just tell you to pray out in the dirt when you're down.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.