/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be Impressive

KiWi
05-24-2009, 04:32 AM
A young lawyer, starting up his private practice, was very anxious to impress potential clients.
When he saw the first visitor to his office come through the door, he immediately picked up his phone and spoke into it," I'm sorry, but my caseload is so tremendous that I'm not going to be able to look into your problem for at least a month.
I'll have to get back to you then." He then turned to the man who had just walked in, and said, "Now, what can I do for you?"

"Nothing," replied the man. "I'm here to hook up your phone."

lol :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
05-24-2009, 05:09 AM
:thumbs_up:Dso the lesson is that bluffing and/or boasting is no good

BTW. what translation is your signature from or did you do-it-yourself?

peaceandlove
05-24-2009, 06:29 AM
LOL:bump1:

Zico
05-24-2009, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KiWi
A young lawyer, starting up his private practice, was very anxious to impress potential clients.
When he saw the first visitor to his office come through the door, he immediately picked up his phone and spoke into it," I'm sorry, but my caseload is so tremendous that I'm not going to be able to look into your problem for at least a month.
I'll have to get back to you then." He then turned to the man who had just walked in, and said, "Now, what can I do for you?"

"Nothing," replied the man. "I'm here to hook up your phone."

lol :)

Win!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KiWi
05-25-2009, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
:thumbs_up:Dso the lesson is that bluffing and/or boasting is no good

BTW. what translation is your signature from or did you do-it-yourself?

it was from the Qur’an I was reading at the masjid
i don’t remember the translation
i wrote it down cuz it was a great reminder for me n the rest of the Muslims

doorster
05-25-2009, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KiWi
it was from the Qur’an I was reading at the masjid
i don’t remember the translation
i wrote it down cuz it was a great reminder for me n the rest of the Muslims
ok. jazakillah khair

I prefer it to look like this:

33:70
Asad
for the 1st line of sig : O you who have faith! Remain conscious of God, and [always] speak with a will to bring out [only] what is just and true -

The expression qawl sadid signifies, literally, "a saying that hits the mark", i.e., is truthful, relevant and to the point. In the only other instance where this expression is used in the Quran (at the end of 4:9) it may be appropriately rendered as "speaking in a just manner"

or

O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! Be mindful of Allah and speak words straight to the point.

33:71
Asad
for the 2nd line: >> [whereupon] He will cause your deeds to be virtuous, and will forgive you your sins. And [know that] whoever pays heed unto God and His Apostle has already attained a mighty triumph.

:w:

both together:

O you who have faith! Remain conscious of God, and [always] speak with a will to bring out [only] what is just and true
[whereupon] He will cause your deeds to be virtuous,
and will forgive you your sins. And [know that] whoever pays heed unto God and His Apostle has already attained a mighty triumph.

KiWi
05-25-2009, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
ok. jazakillah khair

I prefer it to look like this:

33:70
Asad
O you who have faith! Remain conscious of God, and [always] speak with a will to bring out [only] what is just and true -

The expression qawl sadid signifies, literally, "a saying that hits the mark", i.e., is truthful, relevant and to the point. In the only other instance where this expression is used in the Quran (at the end of 4:9) it may be appropriately rendered as "speaking in a just manner"

or

O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! Be mindful of Allah and speak words straight to the point.

33:71
Asad
[whereupon] He will cause your deeds to be virtuous, and will forgive you your sins. And [know that] whoever pays heed unto God and His Apostle has already attained a mighty triumph.

:w:

mashallah, those are very good translations
the Qur’an I have at home is also excellent
the ayahs are translated as follows:
O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth. [33:70]
He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins, And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (:arabic5:), he has indeed achieved a great achievement (i.e. he will be saved from the Hell-fire and will be admitted to Paradise). [33:71]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.