/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Henry The Muslim Videos

Clover
05-25-2009, 02:33 AM
I seen this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjw3eojQC90
About a boy named Henry who becomes a Muslim. I have some questions about it, please watch it before you answer.

1. How come he said "billions of muslims" isn't their only around 1.5+ billion muslims?

2. How come in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GUHrEDvQnQ it questions his faith as a Muslim? What does the video have to do with his religious affiliation?

3. What is the music at the end of the first video called? I loved it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
05-25-2009, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clover
I seen this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjw3eojQC90
About a boy named Henry who becomes a Muslim. I have some questions about it, please watch it before you answer.

1. How come he said "billions of muslims" isn't their only around 1.5+ billion muslims?

2. How come in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GUHrEDvQnQ it questions his faith as a Muslim? What does the video have to do with his religious affiliation?

3. What is the music at the end of the first video called? I loved it.
errrr. The one in the first video is a different person.
The one in the second video is no other than the famous football player terry henry.

It seemed pretty obvious though:rollseyes

Clover
05-25-2009, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
errrr. The one in the first video is a different person.
The one in the second video is no other than the famous football player terry henry.

It seemed pretty obvious though:rollseyes
No need for the hilarious remark, I simply saw them together, and figured they were the same people, maybe the white soccer player was Henry, I do not know.

O well, still waiting for 2 questions to be answered.

~Edit~ btw, funny thing, it says Christian boy, yet he says "I have never really followed a religion in my life"

GreyKode
05-25-2009, 03:05 AM
chill man, didn't mean any offense.

To the second question, to the best of my knowledge there are around 2 billion muslims worldwide.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-25-2009, 03:26 AM
1.86 billion according to wiki, but there are many places where you can't get an accurate consensus like china..

so Allah swt knows best!

btw, how is clover able to edit his posts?

:w:

Clover
05-25-2009, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
1.86 billion according to wiki, but there are many places where you can't get an accurate consensus like china..

so Allah swt knows best!

That is a lot of people. I would doubt their are a huge amount in China, but China is a mystery. I might go their someday, to protest Tibetan independance, but I doubt that, I am a American, and might not even be allowed in.

~Edit~ I am able to edit my posts, I did not know that was against the rules? Or are you referring to me being a "Limited Member"?
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
chill man, didn't mean any offense.

To the second question, to the best of my knowledge there are around 2 billion muslims worldwide.
I am content, I just do not tolerate "smart" talk, sorry if that is not what you intended, but it seemed that was where it was meant.

That is very close to wiki, and might be closer to the truth then we are aware of, I will try to find some sources, to see if their is anything else.

Yanal
05-25-2009, 03:54 AM
A plural with a S means there is more then one,which there is more then exactly one billion there is 1.5billion causing it to be plural.

Clover
05-25-2009, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
A plural with a S means there is more then one,which there is more then exactly one billion there is 1.5billion causing it to be plural.
Really? I was always taught (Of course, they stopped teaching us plurals around the 5th grade, cause then, of course, we were supposedly "too smart" for basic grammer.) that if it came with a s, that meant their were more of that specific number/object. So saying Billions, would mean, more then 1 billion, meaning 2 billion, 3 billion, or such. I guess my lesson was faulty. Thank you for answering.

Yanal
05-25-2009, 04:00 AM
It is,.5 means half of 2 which is more then 1.

Clover
05-25-2009, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
It is,.5 means half of 2 which is more then 1.
I guess so, I thank you for showing me the truth on the subject.

جوري
05-25-2009, 04:48 PM
That is a lot of people. I would doubt their are a huge amount in China, but China is a mystery. I might go their someday, to protest Tibetan independance, but I doubt that, I am a American, and might not even be allowed in.

~Edit~ I am able to edit my posts, I did not know that was against the rules? Or are you referring to me being a "Limited Member"?
you being a limited member.. you need to have 50 posts before you can edit!

traveling is indeed good for the soul.. you might learn things about others you wouldn't normally be aware of!

all the best

Clover
05-25-2009, 09:33 PM
you being a limited member.. you need to have 50 posts before you can edit!

traveling is indeed good for the soul.. you might learn things about others you wouldn't normally be aware of!

all the best
I cannot help that I edit, when the ability is given to me, I will not Edit till I reach the 50 posts, even if I am able to do so, thanks for info.

I cannot agree more, I plan on, after a military career, staying in a Buddhist Monastery in Asia, for at least a year, to help myself; so true. I believe travel is one of the best ways to avoid the growing sensation of ignorance that many have become adapt too.

btw: I am a very anti-ignorance kinda guy, and if you ever see me, EVER, do anything related to ignorance, please point my fault out so I can apologize.

Whatsthepoint
05-25-2009, 10:32 PM

so Allah swt knows best!

If I remember correctly 1,86 billion is according to some south asian halal food something which you found some time ago, I remember you posted a link, I'll try to find it.

جوري
05-25-2009, 10:51 PM
I cannot help that I edit, when the ability is given to me, I will not Edit till I reach the 50 posts, even if I am able to do so, thanks for info.

I cannot agree more, I plan on, after a military career, staying in a Buddhist Monastery in Asia, for at least a year, to help myself; so true. I believe travel is one of the best ways to avoid the growing sensation of ignorance that many have become adapt too.

btw: I am a very anti-ignorance kinda guy, and if you ever see me, EVER, do anything related to ignorance, please point my fault out so I can apologize.

you seem like a good guy so far so good!

جوري
05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
If I remember correctly 1,86 billion is according to some south asian halal food something which you found some time ago, I remember you posted a link, I'll try to find it.
I posted another from wiki before see again below.. again there are regions where one can't take a count as mentioned before china for instance...
why does the number whatever it maybe interest you so?

There are between 1 billion and 1.8 billion Muslims, making Islam the second-largest religion in the world, after Christianity.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

Clover
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I would believe, from my own research, their are about 1.8 billion muslims. I doubt Islam will become the #1 largest religion, anytime soon, but it's quite possible.

جوري
05-26-2009, 12:10 AM
It is already number one, given the percentage.. i.e we are larger than the largest denomination of Christianity:

see several articles online including:
Islam overtakes Catholicism as world's largest religion

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3653800.ece

peace

Clover
05-26-2009, 12:18 AM
It is already number one, given the percentage.. i.e we are larger than the largest denomination of Christianity:

see several articles online including:
Islam overtakes Catholicism as world's largest religion

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3653800.ece

peace
That is not a good way to go, cause then your not the largest even then, since Islam has denominations itself.

جوري
05-26-2009, 12:24 AM
That is not a good way to go, cause then your not the largest even then, since Islam has denominations itself.

indeed except that 85-90% of Muslims are sunni, and all the rest are factions of shiites so indeed they are negligible.. I of course don't want to get into details of that as it is expansive but some of those factions for instance like ahamdi/qidyani for instance are started by British coloniolists in India and may as well be a part of any other organized religion given their tenets, I don't know if you know what that quite means, I don't wish to get into it, but you may read more about it in this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ah-friend.html

in other words we don't recognize them, I don't know what the case is for Christianity but catholics vs protestants alone are strong contenders of one another.. not the case in Islam except of course for political reasons...

all the best

Clover
05-26-2009, 12:28 AM
indeed except that 85-90% of Muslims are sunni, and all the rest are factions of shiites so indeed they are negligible.. I of course don't want to get into details of that as it is expansive but some of those factions for instance like ahamdi/qidyani for instance are started by British coloniolists in India and may as well be a part of any other organized religion given their tenets, I don't know if you know what that quite means, I don't wish to get into it, but you may read more about it in this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ah-friend.html

in other words we don't recognize them, I don't know what the case is for Christianity but catholics vs protestants alone are strong contenders of one another.. not the case in Islam except of course for political reasons...

all the best
I am a ex-protestant myself, I was a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, which is a large faction in the Protestant Faction. (a faction within a faction persay haha). Catholics believe they are the rightful Christians, while protestants are confused bretheren.

جوري
05-26-2009, 12:30 AM
I am a ex-protestant myself, I was a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, which is a large faction in the Protestant Faction. (a faction within a faction persay haha). Catholics believe they are the rightful Christians, while protestants are confused bretheren.

well .. God will be the judge, we can only strive to the best of our understanding...

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.