/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You Are Being Watched

manhagenglish
05-27-2009, 09:45 AM
The 6th message: You Are Being Watched!!

Many thanks to Allah and peace and blessings be upon his prophet Muhammad..

My Beloved in Allah..

First, I thank Allah for your cooperation … and I understand that there are many of you who are busy with exams.. I have good faith in you that you will be up to my expectations

Second, bless the efforts of all who helped us spread this project to help people worship Allah the all Mighty; and the efforts of those who publicized it in popular forums and sites; and those who translated to other languages…

Remember always that we are the servants of Allah’s religion ..He chose us and used us to serve Him.
<< Is there any reward for good other than good?>> Ar-Rahman:60

Third, Whoever couldn’t implement any of the duties from the previous messages can still make up on what he missed. This is what I felt from a few of you, So come on brothers and sisters let’s move together on the way to Allah .

Don’t care about the look of your Ibadah (act of worship).. what is important is the effect it had on your heart.

I want you to jot down your notes about your status, how does your heart soften?

Is it by istighfar? Renewing your repentance? Descending of mercy? Gratitude to Allah? Seclusion with Allah?

Fifth: Do you feel how days are passing by? Ten days had passed and we only have three months before we reach Ramadan; and our status isn’t that good.. I ask you by Allah’s name to wake up and work hard!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

One thing to Remember: Ya’ly Ibn Obeid –may Allah forgive him- said: We met Muhammad Ibn sawkah who said:

I will tell you a speech that I hope it will do you good like it did me. Attaa' Ibn Rabah told us: My nephew, there were people who lived in previous times who used to hate unnecessary talk.. They considered every word unnecessary except for:

1. reciting the Quran

2. Enjoining (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do)

3. Forbidding (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden)

4. Necessary talk for your life matters … Do you deny this verse? {But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge of mankind) to watch you, Kiraman (Honourable) Katibin writing down (your deeds)} Al-Infitar:10&11) and { (Remember) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being), one sitting on the right and one on the left (to note his or her actions) Not a word does he (or she) utter but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it)..}(Qaf:17&18) … Aren’t you embarrassed when your (written) pages [of deeds (good and bad)] are laid open and you find out that most of what’s written are unnecessary talk that didn’t belong to your religion nor to your life matters?

Can you imagine that you are being watched?

That your words are heard, recorded and that you will be accountable for them?

Imagine that.. and if you still can’t find your heart and you are still complaining… Here is the reason:

It was narrated by Ibn Ummar- may Allah be pleased with them- that he said: The prophet –peace and blessings be upon him- said: "Don’t indulge in too much talk except for remembering and mentioning of Allah .... Too much talk hardens your heart; and people who have hard hearts are the furthest from Allah” narrated by el Tirmidhe and he said: Hassan Gharib

Thus count your words and think before you talk

Younnes Ibn Obeid said: Any Person who thinks before he utters any word , will find the goodness of that in the rest of his deeds (El Samt by Aby el Donia; p257)

Stick to these nine points and don’t deviate from them:
El Rabie Ibn Khaseem-May Allah forgive him- said: There is no good in any speech except for these nine:
1. Takbeer (saying Allaahu akbar (Allaah is most great),

2. Tahmeed (saying al-hamdu Lillah (praise be to Allaah),

3. Tahleel (saying Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (There is no god but Allaah),

4. Tasbeeh (saying Subhaan-Allaah (Glory be to Allaah),

5. Asking about all good,

6. Seeking refugee with Allah from all evil,

7. Enjoining (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do),

8. Forbidding (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden),

9. Reciting the quran

(El Samt by Ibn Aby el Donia; p.246)

Thus get used to doing this good deed:
Abdullah Ibn Mubarak- May Allah forgive him- said: Some people explained the meaning of Seclusion as: When you are surrounded by people, if they indulged in mentioning Allah, you indulge with them; and if they indulge in else than that, you adopt silence” (el Samt for Aby el Donia; p241)

Today’s motto will be: Adopt Silence

The prophet –peace and blessings be upon him- said: Is there anything that topples people on their faces -or he said on their nose- into Hell-fire other than the harvests of their tongues? Narrated by Imam Ahmed, Ibn Majah and classified as sahih by alAlbani

Our Goal: We want our hearts to straighten and never deviate, turn nor stray away from Allah
Imam Ahmed (rahimahullah) reported in his Musnad, "The faith of a man cannot be straight unless his heart is straight, and his heart cannot be straight, unless his tongue becomes straight." [Musnad Ahmed]

What we need to do for today :
Adopt silence for an hour in which you used to speak a lot .. Decrease your phone calls.. Count your words..
Can you adopt silence in an hour that used to be full of speech so as to straighten your heart??

In the name of Allah, Answer Him(by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he (peace and blessings be upon him) calls you to that which will give you life.

Written by: Shiekh Hany Helmy

http://www.manhag.net/mam/manhag-eng..._THANK_SUB_PUB

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.