/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do you deal with...

Ummu Sufyaan
05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
:sl:
...kids that have crushes on other kids...i mean its funny, but its not good to laugh at them because then your like encouraging them. but at the same time you cant scold them, because then they may feel too shy to talk about these things to you which might lead them to do stupid things..whether its now or later on...
i mean i know they are only kids, but still you have to push them in the right direction...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
true believer
05-27-2009, 02:08 PM
hmm, ur right sis. u just have to explain it to them gently. dnt underestimate kids, they have a mind of their own and they can understand more then ppl think. just explain it to them like an adult but more gentle. either way, crushes will always come and go. they just have to learn to deal with them and learn not to act on feelings but their mind. btw...by kids...u mean teens or semi teens...?

Sahabiyaat
05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
when i worked in a primary school this kids with learning difficulties had a huge crush on this reallly pretty and popular girl in the class

:D it was the cutest thing to watch!!!

He would openly declare that he loved her and would marry her when they grew up!! lol. , try and sit next to her and get her attentiion all the time.

and the poor girl would turn her nose up in digust. and try not to listen to the

taunts from the other kids.

they were only 7 or 8!

I even had to stifle my laughter when she told me to tell him off.....:D

darren
05-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Some people use to call me the stud a little while ago. I use to pull in all the girls. I done some things I shouldn’t of and I realise it. The best thing to do is explain to them like an adult like said above more gently that love is something we should treasure and that you when you love someone they will know. When I felt the force when I was a Jedi it felt like I was falling in love. that’s the feeling. Explain that love comes later on in life. When they meet the right person who they will want to spend the rest of there life with. I have had some good and bad times in relationship. My last girlfriend cheated on me and had sexual intercourse with another guy. The one before that did the same but got pregnant. But now love is still a while away. And one day I will find the right woman to spend my life with. The kid should know about any experiences you have had so they can follow your example. (that’s if you have had any ;))

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
:salamext:

Tell them that its not right, but in a friendly way. Then tell them the wisdoms behind it, the same things you'd say to a teen whose in lust, but in a simplified way.

They'll understand insha Allah.

This way they understand the wisdoms from a young age (children have the minds of adults, they just dont know big words), and if u be a friend to them - they love the attention, and by explaining concepts of life to them - they trust you as an advisor, a close friend, and will keep those memories through their teen years, because you were the first person who fully and openly discussed these issues with them from a young age.

AnonymousPoster
05-27-2009, 06:01 PM
How young is kids? If they're really little, they're probably just innocent crushes that wouldn't lead to anything. Just, the maturity of the 'kid' would be considered.

If they are teenagers, they would probably be more discrete with it if they were serious. If they were open about it, then I doubt anything would happen. If you tell the teenagers they can't, then they will, but not in rebellion. It makes them feel discluded and it's childish to be discluded, so it's not what a growing teenager wants. It's more subconscious. (I am a teenager, so... :rollseyes) It also makes them feel controlled, which obviously... lol

And- saying the religion is against what the child or teenager want will not turn him or her off of dating in favour of religion, trust me. They will drop religion in a heart beat.

And- are you certain it's a crush all the time? My parents and friends thought I had a crush on a girl when I was in elementary school, but we really actually just really good friends.

Zahida
05-27-2009, 07:16 PM
:sl: Lol!!! As a parent this is something i have never really thought about, so i should really get my act together....................

When i was little about 6/7 i used to tell my dad i was going to marry Elvis Presley when i was older....................... I wonder what happened??????

:w::bump1:

S_87
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
aah that joy of growing up :rolleyes:
so long as they arent doing anything about their crush its just a crush and inshaAllah theyll get over it themselves.

AnonymousPoster
05-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Lol this thread made me smile.
I always find the concept of crushes cute but also funny.
Im a teenager and I have had my fair share of crushes.
But it blowes over the water soon.
Trust me.
:w:

Al-Zaara
05-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Lock them in their rooms until they turn 30.

nebula
05-27-2009, 07:35 PM
^ haha!,

Tell them crushes come and go but true marriage is the answer! lol

Snowflake
05-28-2009, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
When i was little about 6/7 i used to tell my dad i was going to marry Elvis Presley when i was older....................... I wonder what happened??????

:w::bump1:
He died :X

Zahida
05-28-2009, 12:24 PM
:sl: Hehehe............. yeah sis he died...........so i married who my father said instead..............:):w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
He died :X

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.