/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Going upward

darren
05-27-2009, 04:24 PM
I have just started my journey in Islam and I don't know where to start. I know the first part to Islam is believing there is no god but God and Muhammad (p.b.u.h) is his messenger. But where to go from there? Any help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-27-2009, 05:41 PM
The Five Pillars of Islam:

* Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;
* Establishment of the daily prayers;
* Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
* Self-purification through fasting; and
* The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.

(Yep, I've been here a while ... :))

جوري
05-27-2009, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darren
I have just started my journey in Islam and I don't know where to start. I know the first part to Islam is believing there is no god but God and Muhammad (p.b.u.h) is his messenger. But where to go from there? Any help?

:sl:

There is no secret to being a Muslim, you do as little or as much based on where you are.. Prophet PBUH never spoke above anyone's level of understanding, and never made difficult requirements of others..

I think a good place to start is really perfect your prayers and do some light readings on the biographies of early Muslims, and then take it from there.. I know we all want to be scholars, but the secret to anything really is taking it one day at a time...

I have always loved this hadith.

إن هذا الدين متين فأوغل فيه برفق ولا تبغض إلى نفسك عبادة الله فإن المنبت لا أرضا قطع ولا ظهرا أبقى)
أخرجه أحمد من حديث أنس والبيهقي من حديث جابر

And Rasoul Allah PBUH said “This religion, 'Islam' is strong/vast, so, learn with ease, and don’t ever reduce the importance of a worship to Allah” and he gave an example of a traveler who spend days on his journey abusing the horse i.e beating it to get to his destination faster, at the end he didn’t achieve his goal by getting to his destination, and even worse his mode of transport gave out from the abuse ...

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

-Elle-
05-27-2009, 09:09 PM
:sl:

Firstly, Mash'Allah bro I hope that more muslims deicde to take this direction:)

Whenever I try to help someone who wants to become a better muslim, I go about it as gently as I can,so I am going to advise you like I advise them;

firstly, you need to solidify your basic beliefs in our religion, you need to understand why you are muslim. If the simple answer is "well, I was born muslim", then you need to do some research and find out why you believe Islam. Simple interesting facts can solidify your belief in Islam, like the signs given in the Qu'ran...

Some scientific facts discovered only recently and with the help of modern equipement were written in the Qu'ran 1400 years ago. Like what?..Go ahead and research:).

This brings me to my second point, start off by learning about things which interest you in Islam. it could be things like "Why do we pray?" or "why is this [insert action] haram? This is the best way to go about learning any subject IMO.

Any questions you have you may ask a close muslim friend or sheikh, if none are available you can always post questions here!just be careful where you get your sources not everything is reliable...

Anyway,best of luck hope I helped!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
darren
05-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh ye the five pillars
1.Shahada
2.Salat
3.Zakat
4.Sawm
5.hajj

Ye thanks guys the reason i will post on here is because where i live there are little muslims and no mosque for about 200 miles. But thanks :D

aadil77
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darren

Ye thanks guys the reason i will post on here is because where i live there are little muslims and no mosque for about 200 miles. But thanks :D
Don't worry about it theres plenty you can learn from just here, just read around and feel free to ask about anything you need help on

true believer
05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
The Five Pillars of Islam:

* Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;
* Establishment of the daily prayers;
* Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
* Self-purification through fasting; and
* The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.

(Yep, I've been here a while ... :))
everythin u need :) great advice mashalla^^^
try to find out any and everythin about islam, just throw urself in and relish :) lol jk...but seriously, make urself knowlegdable (excuse ma terrible spelling) and expand on all these pillars, why they so essental. allah told us to seek knowledge. its nothin wrong to question somethin if it makes u learn more about it, same if ur confused. oh and learn bout the sunnah of our Prophet...so u can be just like him :) i wish u the best :)

- Qatada -
05-27-2009, 11:07 PM
asalaam alaikum

http://muslimconverts.com

http://islamreligion.com

i know them sites are for new muslims, so it should still be of some help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!